Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Valvrave the Liberator 2nd Season

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Valvrave the Liberator 2nd Season

Valvrave the Liberator 2nd Season
    Genre: Mecha
    Production: Sunrise
    Director: Matsuo Kou
    Series Composition: Okouchi Ichiro
    Original Character Design: Hoshino Katsura
    Starring: Ohsaka Ryota, Kimura Ryouhei, Tomatsu Haruka, Seto Asami
    Starts: October 10, 2013

Second season of Kakumeiki Valvrave.

Thanks to the development of the Dyson Sphere, The majority of the human populace lives in space. The Dorssia Military Federation, and the Atlantic Rim United States exist as major Military countries, while JOIR is a neutral principality, the story follows Haruto Tokishima as a normal boy going through high school in T.C (True Calendar) year 71. This all changes when Haruto meets the humanoid weapon Valvrave.

Discuss Valvrave Season One Here.
    Last edited by Kaiten; September 27, 2013 at 10:48 PM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Valvrave the Liberator 2nd Season

No one watches this here or something!? Its so good. Anyway Ill comment on episode 13 (1) of this season.

Im glad that its finally back and actually delivered on one of the things I wanted to happen first half. It may have taken 13 episodes but it was well worth it in the end. Truly whoever penned this series knows exactly what I want and really makes this the de facto contemporary mecha anime. Still using the school as a base, combined with great mecha action, a bit of budding friendship and extremely close ties, to know fully canon EruHaru action for permanent, wow (also showing how strong L-elfs energy is if its able to excite Haruto enough to powerup every single unit at once Best episode one premiere thus far this season. And the bonus ED shots of L elf and Haurto!

I hope that ending moment at least means, Q-vier, H-neun, X-eins, and A-drei will get some powerup boost now and also become the same type as everyone else to give them a winning edge now without it being fully reliant on just more technological prowess (those electromagnets of season 1 for example. .

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Stealth Symphony | Team Food Wars!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This episode was everything I could have wanted from VVV. L-Elf stabbing Haruto in the neck, BL vampires, incomprehensible mecha jargon, Saki throwing herself at Haruto, and Touko in smart business attire. I love this show. VVV will always be a welcome part of my life.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I loved the first season, and this one is off to a great start.

I think the four will get a power boost of some sort, and I can't wait to see what awaits them on Earth.

That OP sequence is pretty sick as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kait
    BL vampires
    I just thought of something that was probably not what you mean. ><

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I think he meant Boys Love vampires, did you have something else in mind?

Well the second season seems to have all the qualities the first season had. As long as you take it for what it is you can't help but like the show. Not saying it's anything amazing but it's glorious how it ridicules every existing trope/cliche in it's own serious way.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    I think he meant Boys Love vampires, did you have something else in mind?
    BloodLusted vampires? . Speaking of vampires, Takehito is voicing another one.

Well, they are back and they still act crazy, I am used to it now, I understand and approve Haruto's reaction, I am prepared to see him trying to rape L-Elf, not that he can. Seems like Q-Vier found his rival, H-Neun is suspecting Cain now, I wonder if he'll betray him.

We finally know why Haruto is attacking guys like that, he has a goal now, I really don't remember for what they were fighting in S1. Pretty good premiere for me.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't believe he pressed the button. Everyone knows you don't ever press the mysterious blinking button in a spaceship. Nothing good ever comes from pressing mysterious blinking button in a spaceship. What was he thinking? At least it wasn't mysterious, blinking, and red. That would have been really stupid. Akira i surprisingly adorable.

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

I almost made a sig of this, but was more in the mood for Kokou.

I'll find a way to use it, hopefully for official site business

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I was more thinking what Demonspeed was--BloodLusted vampires.

I really enjoyed this episode. Akira is one of my favorites, so it was great seeing an episode dedicated to her and her onii-chan.

But seriously, he made a dumb mistake--but I guess that's what happens when you're nervous. I can't wait to see how they maneuver on land with the Valvraves and what's in store for them on Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    I almost made a sig of this, but was more in the mood for Kokou.

I'll find a way to use it, hopefully for official site business
    You should totally do that.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kindredxiuxiu View Post
    I was more thinking what Demonspeed was--BloodLusted vampires.
    Nope, boys love
    Haruto x L-Elf fans must have fainted during that scene.

Quote Quote:
    I really enjoyed this episode. Akira is one of my favorites, so it was great seeing an episode dedicated to her and her onii-chan.
    It was nice learning more about her background. That was cold how Satomi watched silently while Akira was bullied. I'm glad he made it up to her. For all this shows craziness, the character development, storytelling, and plot really are very good. It's such an over the top series it is easy to forget how good it is. The Renbokouji siblings backstory was very convincing, and touching.

Quote Quote:
    But seriously, he made a dumb mistake--but I guess that's what happens when you're nervous. I can't wait to see how they maneuver on land with the Valvraves and what's in store for them on Earth.
    If Satomi had just watched more sci-fi and horror movies this all could have been prevented. I guess living in the future makes sci-fi less appealing.

Quote Quote:
    You should totally do that.
    I'll find a way, one of these days, when the time is right.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well the backstory was alright , but was more interested in current events. Seeing whats happening in Dorssia was a nice change of pace at least, H-neun is one great character and his voice, he really deserves way more lines than given but otherwise, horseback riding A-drei, gamer Q-vier were fun to see.

I liked the entry plot, wont regurgitate that which happened but kind of funny that the one girl used Haruto to compel L-elf to action saying how he needed him

OH and the song at the end was amazing, especially the vocal portion just before it was ending.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

It' s when I watche episodes like that that I realize I really grew attached to the characters. For me to not be astonished by that button thing and stuff, I am starting to think Valvrave brainwashed me. Thunder especially was very stupid during the battle.

Satomi was a d*ck when he was younger, I loved their teamwork at the end. Dorssia's pilots have free time and H-Neun is acting alone, this is good, I must say I am more interested by them ATM. But the most surprising thing in that L-ELF DIDN'T PLANNED THAT SATOMI COULD PUSH THE BUTTON, IT'S A PLOT-HOLE! I WANTED HIM TO USE HIS GOD-LIKE POWERS.

Spoilers for those who didn't watch Code Geass:

Marie's character is based on Anya from CG and we learned she is amnesiac too, what if she was... Haruto's mother? It's probably not the case but I am sure she is related to the vampires now.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Your prediction came true. XD

In any case, I like the direction this is going. Akira and Saki are sent to infiltrate Dorssia. Haruto's all up in arms over Marie investigating his Valvrave (that is talking to her). Oh, and Marie's actually a Kamitsuki and she doesn't have any memories.

It was kinda obvious, but I don't hate these developments.

Though L-Elf shooting Marie because she was holding up Haruto was pretty cool and kinda BA (especially since we had a feeling what would happen). L-Elf wouldn't get away with just shooting her and actually killing her. Oh, and I liked that L-Elf was unphased when she got back up. XD He probably knew she was one ahead of time? Maybe?

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This scene then the ed with fun Haruto smiling and L-elf posing, combing with the trying to reach each other hands as they are falling in the sky and back to the kid that looks like their son, really gave it a nice touch eruharu has to be canon. Realism also sounds good part closest to the ending. of the ed.

But on a more serious note, H-neun, Q-vier, and everyone else antics in that brief flashback was hilarious and kind of how I imagined them to be, part of me wishes it did last longer, but I guess that will be explored in the other material with the franchise.

Marie part was surprising, I was like is she an AI that was somehow given a free body unlike the current ones, though maybe thats fallacious thinking if others in the fandom are under the belief that she was one of the first valvrave pilots, oh well

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

No comments on the part with Saki and Satomi? I thought Saki was a survivor but he is here too, and there is another member of his family(his wife?, Akira?), that child looks like L-Elf too... That S2 is great.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
    But on a more serious note, H-neun, Q-vier, and everyone else antics in that brief flashback was hilarious and kind of how I imagined them to be, part of me wishes it did last longer, but I guess that will be explored in the other material with the franchise.
    I find them way more interesting than the JIOR group, their interactions are always glorious.
    Last edited by Demonspeed; October 27, 2013 at 03:38 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well.... that was certainly an interesting episode with a lot of revelations. A-Drei protecting the Saki-who-is-in-a-boy-soldier-trainee's-body was sweet, as well as H-Neun and X-Eins' flashback with Cain (he looked so cool back then--wish he kept the look).

I... don't know what to make of the ending though. I hope X-Eins is going to be alright.

Spoiler show

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast