Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Diamond no Ace

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Diamond no Ace

6 had the best end card yet though, never gets old seeing it in its various usages as Haruici Kominato is amazing character designs, as well as Furuya, and Eijun as well. Calendar version was best. In any event probably best episode too. Star players like those named three + Miyuki definitely carry this show forward. Hoping that Takigawa Chris Yuu too will. Only faults are just the standard normal players are a bit lacking in terms of being memorable like those in Oofuri were and then the designs of the third years is really lacking a lot, they all look like chunky monsters though it certainly makes the baseball more frightening and intense when their eyes glow on when they swing the bat like here with Eijun and how their level just completely dwarfs his. . Looking for much more as we go forward.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Stealth Symphony | Team Food Wars!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Korean Kuroko's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

This anime adaption has been good so far and it's going at a decent pace( Although since the OP shows Shunshin and Raichi I dont know if it will suddenly go really,REALLY fast).
    Hopefully the anime helps the manga get more popularity? It seemed to work for Bimbogami Ga.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quite sure it has been boosting the sales of all volumes of the manga, and it managed to get in on the top 30 manga franchises sells of 2013.

Good anime and pacing, I think its been going about 2 chapters an episode, with the newest one cover three chps bringing us to v4 (chp 24) at ep 9.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Cliffhanger

Chris is such a cool senpai, I couldn't help but laugh at him feeling lonely.
    His relationship with Eijun is really good. I am liking Furuya more and more, I thought he would be the stereotypical arrogant rival but he is kind of a dork.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Chris needs to play but that towel stuff was really well done.

Falling hard for satoru furuya. They made him resemble Free's Haru really well, even their personality. The creators must have been on the same page/line of thinking. I hope he makes the team. Eijun too but what fate could kominato have.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Chris eyes are normal now. He came and everything changed like that, he's that goood even with his injury, I am waiting to see Sawamura mastering his new form.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah I still watch it too, well I do a watch an episode and then read the respective chapters, they keep ending it midchapters which makes for some odd moments but clearly makes it suspenseful.

The entire play was amazing in the anime, though. I was on the edge of my seat, and Haruiichi is underrated.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

That preview...

Furuya is definitely not brighter than Sawamura. This episode had everything, really liked it. New ED is meh. Sawamura is without a doubt more of a Chris fanboy than Miyuki.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought the new ED is kind of a nice take on showing the characters who typically received really reduced screentime. Unlike oofuri or kurobas they didnt feel like they were just tossed unnecessarily into the show for some odd reason.

Anyway that did bring us to the end of volume 5, wonder if this will end this season or continue even into Spring season.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It airs on weekend mornings, has an ungodly number of volumes, and there's no official announcement how many episodes. I'm almost willing to believe it will just keep airing. There are already 39 volumes, it's not like they would need filler any time soon.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Rivalry all over the place, I like it. Miyuki is still a troll and the comedy is gold, Kominato's brother seems like a sterner version of Chris to me...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

But on a more canon note, intense and powerful episode, baseball training is extremely hard and that fatigue on them seemed incredible. Commendations are due to the three first years for getting through it all though Kominato seemed to suffer most while Furuya at least had firey passion and Eijun is just compatible always. Though the bath scene still did show them all completely wore out.

coach coming on in the final minutes to throw the balls was the most heart pounding moment. Everyone written so well and so strongly dedicated to this. Either the last years match was pretty bad or they really want to win this year, I cant wait to see how it goes and how compatible they are with Furuya and Eijun.

Seemed like a few minor manga changes Miyuki seemed to refer to the pitcher and him having a conversation but that didnt seem like it took place this episode. Other conversations took place in different locations (Eijun and Furuya with Miyuki breaking ball convo took place immediately after game in manga, but here took place in the cafeteria)

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Character development for Furuya, he finally understood that fast balls weren't everything and to trust his teammates. Hopefully Sawamura will show his skills when he will start to play.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd love to see a four seem fastball, curve, change up combination from Furuya. That high fastball combined with a curve would be devastating. Batters would have to cover the top and bottom of the zone, not to mention the difference in speed. Add an occasional change up to keep batters honest, and he'd be really tough to hit.

Hopefully Sawamura develops a good sinker and slider to go with his two seam fastball. Both pitches would compliment his "moving" (two seam) fastball well. Both would also make up for his lack of velocity, compared to Furuya. Furuya is more of a fly ball pitcher, Sawamura more of a ground ball pitcher. A good sinker, two seam slider combo would generate a lot of ground balls.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I like that new duo, Mei is cool. Tanba finally accepted that Miyuki is the best at everything , curious to see how their battery will evolve.

New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast