Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: The Breaker : New Waves 131 Discussion

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member nitsthegame's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Breaker : New Waves 131 Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLordOfKichiku View Post
    Nah, he has not. But... You've got to remember that in a way, Hyuk is special to Shioon. He was, the first truly insanely strong martial artist he fought. There's also the fact that Goomoonryong himself told Shioon back in Part 1 that he'd never be able to catch up to Hyuk, since Hyuk is a genius, so Hyuk is a kind of special hurdle for Shioon...
    I know that, but what we saw was totaly un-shioon...

visit me here

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ketsurou's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nitsthegame View Post
    How exactly was any of this "un-shioon?"

Shioon has always been this way, since the very very beginning. Since his first fights with Chang-ho and then Hyuk. Ever since jumping off the bridge for crying out loud. Since when has Shioon ever backed down from a fight or an opportunity to get stronger?

Besides that, this entire series has been huge on character development for Shioon. He has become more and more a Murim-in over these two seasons. It's perfectly natural for him to want to fight Hyuk again now, even more so given that he is a very important rival as others have pointed out.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

after elder die shioon is trying to say everyone that sunwoo clan is strong and he know Hyuk is powerful fighter so now its not un-shioon.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Breaker : New Waves 131 Discussion / 132 Predictions

Shioon is certainly going to surprise Hyuk with his development, but I expect Hyuk to equally surprise Shioon. Come to think of it before that, Hyuk may be doubly surprised, he had only just come out of seclusion to hear of Shioon being Gaju at that time the rumors were likely mostly focused on his possible death. The fact that one of Murim's best medical schools had undertaken the responsibility to attempt to restore his ki center might be news to Hyuk. Despite being among the few initial people that witnessed Shioon's incredible growth, how far Shioon has already come will be still be unbelievable to Hyuk.

Now where Hyuk may surprise Shioon is in the variety of new styles that Hyuk may be forced to unleash to knock Shioon back on the defensive. I can see that as serving the purpose of developing Shioon's own character and style. Witnessing a genius from one of the most prestigious schools further improve due to the incorporation of various styles into his own, should spur Shioon to seek to do the same, starting with the Sunwoo style.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member [ki{kk}o]'s Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

umh... let's think about this.
    - Shioon got a great power up recently and gain a massive amount of exp in real combat due to his fights with countless soldiers
    - hyuk also train himself in ancient martial techniques and in part 1 he managed to stop or at least blocked GMR in bot mode

We can almost compare the actual shioon with the shioon in bot mode who we saw vs lone wolf, i think that his speed and power are around that level now and even though lone wolf was pushed back by shioon, he always manage to evade or block him. I suppose lone wolf is below hyuk level (i think he's like Gyu-Bum Yi) so although shioon now can compete in speed and power with hyuk, he lacks in skill to win this battle. Yeah, yeah, he can always use tactics, like throwing punches everywhere and than hit with a surprise attack... but in a sparring match is pointless doing that...
    I think that he managed to win against hyuk in his meditation session (that smirk to me was like a kid that can't win against a cpu vs human game and when he finally succeed he want to try with his buddy more skilled in that game) and now he want train and learn from hyuk himself to update his limits and his meditation technique as well for his next session of training.

I expect shioon fighting more safely like with chang-ho in the rooftop and i hope hyuk will fight back not merely defending himself...

However that shioon is way too cold... i think he felt like gmr when he lost his master... so he's still processing these feelings and i know that is temporary but i really don't like him like that... :\ i hope he'll return quickly himself :\

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

yup totally agree on this one this is totally un-Shioon on this chapter from his smile to this chapters smirk

and also if Shioon acts the same way before he will just use this smile and greet Hyuk but now that i think about it Shioon must act as a Gaju now rather than a friendly guy because maybe the enemy will see it as a weakness

i think Shioon just grew up after what happen to him physically and emotionally

we can't be so sure about he only fights Hyuk in the meditation as we saw when he first learned the meditation tech that he projects a lot of enemies what if he projects in his mind these people
    Ryuji , Doctor Shik , Hyuk and other strong opponents in just one session and fought all of them together
    Last edited by kidopitz27; October 05, 2013 at 07:13 PM.

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ish3's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the grin is very Shioon like. For the first time he has confidence in himself his strength and wants to prove his strength. He's becoming a GMR Jr. After his mom was beaten his friends he's been helpless and now he's ready to become stronger or even the strongest the protect the memories of those who protected him. Especially Elder Jun. I love the grin.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member nitsthegame's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ketsurou View Post
    How exactly was any of this "un-shioon?"

Shioon has always been this way, since the very very beginning. Since his first fights with Chang-ho and then Hyuk. Ever since jumping off the bridge for crying out loud. Since when has Shioon ever backed down from a fight or an opportunity to get stronger?

Besides that, this entire series has been huge on character development for Shioon. He has become more and more a Murim-in over these two seasons. It's perfectly natural for him to want to fight Hyuk again now, even more so given that he is a very important rival as others have pointed out.
    Shioon from the beginning was someone who wanted to avoid fight at all cost, and now there was no exchange of words, just a straight forward request for fight. That is what i didnt like. Even GMR was someone who would go and ask for a fight, thats my point.

visit me here

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Hungary
    Post Thanks / Like

What's the point in talking between the two??? (they can talk after a good fight...)
    He needs to get stronger, and really fast. Shioon was fighting with him in his meditation for a long time, and he said he couldn't even touch him, so of course he wanna know how strong he bacame...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ketsurou's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Shioon from the beginning was someone who wanted to avoid fight at all cost, and now there was no exchange of words, just a straight forward request for fight. That is what i didnt like. Even GMR was someone who would go and ask for a fight, thats my point.
    I disagree. Shioon has not always wanted to avoid a fight, least of all "at all cost."

There was Chang Ho, in the situation where he first met Hyuk. Sure, he was protecting Sae Hee, but it was more than that. He wanted to fight Chang Ho, and at that particular moment, really wanted to hurt him.

There was the situation at the MMA building at the end of part one. He ran straight into the fire, even hammering down a door and fighting his way in, just to get to GMR and fight even more.

Then there's been fight after fight in New Waves. When Jinnie was being chased by goth girl, he ran to help her without a second thought. Against Chang Ho again, he only ran until the pill kicked in, then he kicked ass. The school situation, that was his idea--he offered himself as a big fat piece of bait, just to lure in the SUC so they could all have a throw down kick ass fight.

Sorry, but I really strongly disagree. Sure, Shioon isn't a war monger, per se. But he sure as hell is not a pacifist. Since his first decision to become stronger, since he first jumped off the bridge, he has not once wanted to avoid a fight or run.

And, beyond that, there is the simple matter that I don't believe he thinks of Hyuk as a serious enemy. Shioon, despite what a lot of fans think of him, is no fool. He understands the politics of this situation, he understands who Hyuk is, and he understands that Hyuk holds no ill will towards him. Of course, he doesn't know (as we do) that Hyuk is virtually infatuated with him, but I sincerely doubt he thinks of Hyuk as a serious enemy. There's just not that sort of atmosphere between them.

So, what Shioon wants is not a serious fight, but a serious training session. And that is what we are going to get. A fight with no ill will.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member brold's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What probably happend was that Shioon beat the meditation Hyuk version. Shioon probably could not believe it. Incredulous even, considering how difficult it was to even beat the mediation Hyuk version. But once the real Hyuk arrived, Shioon took the chance to ask Hyuk to fight, to find out if the mediation version outcome was true.

Shioon was confident in asking because of their special relationship.

---------- Post added at 01:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 AM ----------

Last 2 chapters ago, GMR was boarding the private plane from Mali (Africa).

Last chapter, NIS Special Murim head/chief, told NIS glasses that the Shadow Warriors were coming to Korea.

Shadow Warriors, not Kaiser's Black Forest.

Shadow Warriors as in Murim, not mercenaries/regular people.

Shadow Warriors, plural.

Those guys as seen behind GMR last 2 chapters ago, those are the Shadow Warriors going to Korea.

They are coming.

So in about24 hours, they will arrive. (If the information NIS received was 'fresh').
    I might know the difference...maybe.

New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4