Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: The END of Naruto

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Guru981's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The END of Naruto

Like others, I just want it to end at this point. Focusing on the recent chapters, I did like the part where Orochimaru and the Hokages got resurrected. It was good fan service, and thus at least more entertaining. Other than that, it's been abysmal. Every week I cross my fingers hoping the story will progress, but instead I get these out-of-nowhere sub-plots where they attempt to defeat Obito/Madara... and fail. It's just repetitive. There's no substance whatsoever. I could list the other problems, but I think I got my point across.

For me, Naruto ended just before the time skip. I did enjoy a couple of the arcs after that, but it didn't feel the same and it's not the way I wanted the story to go.

Every now and then I'll feel nostalgic. For the series as well as the manga videos I made for it .

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member badluckartist's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Akabeth View Post
    I'll be glad it's over, especially for Kishi. I have a hard time believing an author capable of building up Naruto's early arcs degraded to this level of storytelling without some inner conflict. Perhaps sales was the culprit, but whatever it's still terrible to watch.
    Editorial meddling. Editorial meddling everywhere.

Kishi doesn't just need to start fresh, he needs to find employment at a not-so-weekly publication. He would benefit immensely from being monthly or even bi-weekly.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shafagh's Avatar
    Country
    Iran
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Sasuke View Post
    Kind of hard to have a Sasuke villain arc when Sasuke is not a villain.

Is it really going to take naruto and Sasuke to beat Madara? If so, we will just have another repeat of Obito vs Sasuke and naruto.
    Well , in this manga who doesn't kneel in front of Jesus Naruto , is a villain ...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

For me, it will be "thank god it's over". The manga is a perpetual "fanservice" chapter ... for more than 100 chapters ... I don't even remember when the war started. It's long, useless, Obito is a crappy final villain ... In my opinion, the last good arc of the manga is with Sasori & deidara. Everything after that is so full of bullshit. The way kakuzu & Hidan lost was already too much for me (such passivity ...). The way Sasuke was handled is poor & plainly stupid. None of his actions made any sense: NONE. Akatsuki ... in the end, what a joke ... just a bunck of tools used by madara. Sharingan, Rasengan, edo tensei everywhere ...

Why am I still reading it ? It's taking 3 minutes of my time when I'm bored ... It's sometimes still entertaining but it's not good.
    Last edited by zelllogan; October 24, 2013 at 02:37 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member liductan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

When I look back. Never in a million years, would I have thought I will be relieved when this manga is finally over.
    I have a black-belt in sarcasm, a degree in smartass and experienced in Bitch. Yep, I am damn ninja..

---you have been warned..

6. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My reaction is going to depend a lot on how it ends. If the story can crawl it's way back up to mediocre I will feel greatly relieved. If thing keep on going like they've been going lately though I'll probably read the last chapter. Pause for a moment consider the amount of potential to story against and the amount of potential that was actually realized and just....

Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sanadan View Post
    Depends on how it ends. If Kishi manages to completely turn the ship around and make the story make sense then ok, Ill buy that and be happy. If it ends with Sasuke and Naruto sharing the devil fruit I am going to........I don't know, but I won't be very happy.
    Dont be ridiculous, you think they are gonna eat it themselves? madara will eat it 100% positive, as it is madara stands 0 chance against the edo kages, current kages, + Naruto/sasuke + entire army. right now its just like Cleanup, but if they ate the fruit then itd be over instantly. Unless madara somehow becomes juubi jinchuuriki which would be lame hes definitely gonna eat the fruit its the only way to make him a threat

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kid Chameleone's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Post SPOILER ALERT: The end of naruto....

Guys, ive been doing some research and i found out how naruto will end, feel free to watch the video if you want. dont say i didnt warn you..... dont mind the animation, some fan took it into his own hands to draw it, but its actually legit, trust me....

Last edited by Kid Chameleone; June 13, 2014 at 05:03 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RomeCity View Post
    I wonder how everyone is gonna handle it once Naruto ends....will there be tears shed after the very last chapter? Or will everybody thank their god its over?
    probably a little bit of both

personally i will be sad, but it is time for it to end

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Winlyx-chan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally I am waiting for this manga to die. I liked it up to a point but i feel that this war has been nothing but hold on after hold on. Just when you finally think it's going to end another villain shows up and stretches it out further. Truth be told I think Kishi has simply run out of ideas and is just trying to hold on to a dying series as long as he can.

Honestly though I am never sad when a series ends. You finally get a hopefully just ending for the series that makes reading worth it and you can always go back to re-read what you might of missed the first time or chapters you really liked. It also gives way for a new series with potential to take the spotlight once a series that overshadowed it is no longer running.
    Eight Down Two To Go

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Winlyx-chan View Post
    Personally I am waiting for this manga to die. I liked it up to a point but i feel that this war has been nothing but hold on after hold on. Just when you finally think it's going to end another villain shows up and stretches it out further. Truth be told I think Kishi has simply run out of ideas and is just trying to hold on to a dying series as long as he can.

Honestly though I am never sad when a series ends. You finally get a hopefully just ending for the series that makes reading worth it and you can always go back to re-read what you might of missed the first time or chapters you really liked. It also gives way for a new series with potential to take the spotlight once a series that overshadowed it is no longer running.
    He had pure gold with madara

i dont know why he decided to pull the plug in favor of kaguya

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted sarutobi_sensei's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

So Naruto Manga is about to end?

Well some people began fretting about this new information: http://www.shonenjump.com/j/weeklysh...ge/nextImg.jpg

Honestly, I can't really say because I don't know freaking Japanese, but, can someone translate it?

People are also saying that there's a new movie to tie up with the final in october.

If it's true, did you think about it? How will you deal with it?

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: So Naruto Manga is about to end?

The articles floating around are only blind speculation, the worst offender was one saying the Naruto manga would end in October 17 with the movie to serve as the ending to the manga. Clearly Shueisha is not saying anything about October 17th in the shonen jump preview page posted and is only teasing a big announcement for Naruto in the 7/28 issue.

The countdown on naruto-movie.com ends on 7/28 or so, which suggests and highly implies that the naruto news in the magazine will be about the movie. Anything saying naruto is ending is blind speculation.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Stealth Symphony | Team Food Wars!

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

At this point, Kishimoto has exhausted all the ideas he can do with Naruto at this point. Even if, the series doesn't end in October, it'll be sooner or later. And with this possibility in the foreseeable future, WSJ will more than likely push for more "Hunter X Hunter" or a new project from Kishimoto.

"I did battle with ignorance today and ignorance won".

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be kinda sad to end it with a movie though, afterall it's a manga that has been released weekly chapters since 1999, that's more or less 15 years of Naruto now.
    Ending it with a movie would not only disrupt the manga fans who prefer manga over anime, it'd also put a blow to the Naruto anime fans who doesn't want to read manga (Know there are quite a few of those around).

In short, Naruto anime fans can just avoid such a movie, but how many wouldn't be tempted to spoil themselves with the movie anyway? That'd mean a result in less interest for the current running Naruto anime, and therefore also lost profit.

Maybe a movie can economically (seen with profitable glasses) justify the few anime episodes that are left, but that's only speculation for now, not anything manga/anime fans can calculate without insight in economics and into the "yet not shown story" development, anyway.

While it's an interesting theory that it'd contribute to the manga ending, it has some issues, the above beeing some of them.

Certainly it'd be a twisted way to say "Thank You for the last 15 years" to all Naruto fans, both manga and anime fans alike, if doing it this way.
    Manga fans would want it presented in their loved format, and anime fans would have a cut off in anime episodes, beeing spoiled before the anime ever reached to that part in the movie.

Is there a way around that dilemma? Isn't it more possible that the movie will be about something else than the Naruto ending itself? Background story? Perhaps to solve loose plotties from the past?

- - - -

Regarding the future plot development I pretty much agree that there seems to be little left to do in Naruto by now, Sasuke and Naruto has gotten along with each others, and has almost become Gods compared to everyone else, what is there left?
    Would there be a final villain once more? One even higher?

Well, the current villain doesn't seem human, perhaps she's fighting something from where she comes from, something that would attack the Naruto universe? It'd be a bit much to drag it that far though, but it could work I guess.
    Someone else even suggested it to be aliens who battle it out with each others, in another thread, and also another possibility could be demons.

Demons does work out better with the old folklore, mythology and ancient stories that the manga is hinting to be based upon though, but can the story really go there at this point? Is it too much?

Troll twist I guess Probably won't happen though, I mean, an alien or demons war with superhuman Naruto and Sasuke

New Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast