Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: How would...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

How would...

How would modern rifles fare against Titans? We know that to kill a titan we need to cut (or rip off) a gut chunk of its nape, but modern guns, although they can pierce a titan's skin, they still can't cut it or rip it. I'm confused...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How would...

The only way modern weapons would work is to explode after entering titan chests ( to kill the men/women who is controlling it ).
    Everything other would be just the waste of ammunition.
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

-Emperor of Mankind.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

but only shifters are controlled, if normal ones also had people inside, that would have been discovered long ago.

Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Even the normal ones die when you slice them beneath their necks ( implying that similar system exist and while no body remains it is possible that the major parts of ordinary human body are left there, and thus allowing the solders to kill Titans by slicing them there and only there ).
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

-Emperor of Mankind.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sigma's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

If hollow point bullets were invented/rediscovered they might be effective by firing into a Titan's eyes since it takes about 1 minute to regenerate both eyes under normal circumstances. This would be more than enough for the average guy/gal to kill one while it wanders blindly.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, thanks for the responses guys and girls. What about machine guns? With their fire rates they should be able to poke so many holes in a Titan's nape to have the same effect as cuts do.

Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

I imagine that only mini guns would be able to do that because they have very high rate of fire with very powerful ammunition.
    If I am to take modern weapons to use against Titan I would use grenade launchers or missile launchers.

-Emperor of Mankind.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it is more effective to make one massive wound as oppose to many smaller wounds. At the moment they literally carve out a huge chunk of meat from their nape; normal bullet shots are more or less something like stabbing the titans with a screwdriver...

To be honest, the precise condition for killing titans is not known. They only know to deal damage to the nape, but the exact level of damage required and the exact position becomes unsettling as the Ape confirms there is something in their nape... so although machine guns might be able to overcome their rate of regeneration, I wouldn't be so sure of their effectiveness just yet.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angar31 View Post
    but only shifters are controlled, if normal ones also had people inside, that would have been discovered long ago.
    Not necessarily weeing how no one really checks what's inside a titan after they kill it. Also seeing what Ymir said about her being a titan for 60 years and not being in control or even conscious of it kinda tells us that all the titan are actually people. But idk maybe they are maybe they aren't we'll have to wait and find out.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner eton's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

What you'd ideally want would be a lasso or noose you could drop over the titan's head--even a net fired from a launcher, and attached to the lasso/noose/net would be...a bomb powerful enough to blow the head off.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Overflowing's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angar31 View Post
    I think all titans are originally humans and even the mindless ones...

my theory is that the mindless ones have lost control over their titan forms when they were originally human and then "changed species", thus you don't see their bodies anymore because they are "one" with their titan form and have truly became a monster, why the napes of their neck are still a weakness when their body doesn't reside anymore?

Well I don't know... because only the creator would know that, I guess you could think logically and say maybe the brain or something is in there but they would have maybe.. seen that after killing countless titans?

Or we could just go anime-logic and say they are now fully fused with the titan and there is now only the titan body and the nape of their neck is their weakness cuz we can't make them beyond overpowered ( and could add some depth like something like the nerve system or w/e resides in the neck that shuts off the regeneration etc..) basically whatever the reason the anime/manga gave when they introduced the weakness for titans, only difference being titan shifters reside inside the neck while mindless ones do not.
    Last edited by Overflowing; October 02, 2013 at 01:16 PM.

New Reply