Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: Another far-fetched idea?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Another far-fetched idea?

Spoiler show

I'm torn between two ideas concerning this picture. One is what was discussed previously -that titans are people who've some way came back from death, and that's way that guy and titan share the big bushy beard. However, their faces aren't alike, and we don't have much proof that this random guy has become a kyojin.

The other one is a bit silly, but I wanted to know whatya think about it. What if titan's aren't so dumb and they actually shave their facial hair? That would explain how the bearded titan is the only one with beard.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sigma's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Another far-fetched idea?

Quote Originally Posted by angar31 View Post
    Spoiler show

I'm torn between two ideas concerning this picture. One is what was discussed previously -that titans are people who've some way came back from death, and that's way that guy and titan share the big bushy beard. However, their faces aren't alike, and we don't have much proof that this random guy has become a kyojin.

The other one is a bit silly, but I wanted to know whatya think about it. What if titan's aren't so dumb and they actually shave their facial hair? That would explain how the bearded titan is the only one with beard.
    That's interesting. btw, wasn't that "random guy" actually Armin's grandfather?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

The bearded guy and Titan looked even more similar in the Manga. It's not the only case either where Titans with unique plot relevance look like people who had recently died/been missing.
    I don't know if you're up to date with the Manga or not? If not then this would be a spoiler
    Spoiler show

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner FFuuu's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Longer beard makes sense if gramps survived a couple months before becomming titan snack.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    North Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    That's interesting. btw, wasn't that "random guy" actually Armin's grandfather?
    So, Armin's grandfather tried to eat his own grandson?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eachoneteachone View Post
    So, Armin's grandfather tried to eat his own grandson?
    not sure how that would be possible if he was eaten or crushed. the humans that apparrently turned into titans were all sitll whole and alive.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Overflowing's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I honestly think that all titans are originally human, the ones that are mindless are the ones that have no control over their titan form and become a "full fledged titan" thus changing species.

I mean isn't it ironic that the weakness of a titan is the nape of it's neck?

Titan shifters reside in the nape of it's transformed titan state.

Honestly in my opinion I think it's full fledged mindless titans were just manufactured by the ape titan, since titan shifting are able to transform into a titan body out of nowhere ( looks like it uses lots of heat+ sun + air i'm guessing), all titans are indeed humans.

Current humans are unable to transform into titans unless they have "titan blood" or whatever they call it ( eren was injected by his dad with some sort of serum that allowed him to transform into a titan).

I don't think titans can "infect" humans to transform into titans, I think the ape titan manufactures them as much as he can but humans are dead like dead no way they can come back to life unless they had "titan blood" in them.

From reading the hints that the manga gives you, I just feel that the creator is being very subtle about it.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply