Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 601 by BadKarma , Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Log Horizon

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Log Horizon

Log Horizon
    Genre: Action, Fantasy
    Production: Statelight
    Director: Ishihira Shinji
    Series Composition: Nemoto Toshizou
    Starring: Terashima Takuma, Kato Emiri, Maeno Tomoaki, Nakata Jouji
    Starts: October 5, 2013

Elder Tales is an online fantasy RPG that has become popular worldwide. But when its twelfth expansion package, "Cultivate the Noosphere," is installed, thirty thousand players in Japan are trapped inside. Among them is grad student Shiroe, who isn't very good at interacting with others. But to survive in a world full of monsters, he forms a guild called "Log Horizon" with an eclectic group of other players.
    Last edited by Kaiten; September 30, 2013 at 12:23 PM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Log Horizon

Episode 1 was an alright start though was a bit boring at times. I guess its just the introduction type parts but once the action came along it picked up. I hope this group expands a bit faster as currently they are alright but need some more exciting characters with better personalities. I take it those two characters that got lots of screentime at random times just strolling around will be joining at some point.

Best part was the enemies bursting into Loot and Monies upon defeat. Could be flashier...

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Hi-Fi Cluster | Team Food Wars!

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

First part of the episode was a bit boring, and barely watchable, though I liked the second half more. If there's an underlining plot to this RPG realm and it's given a bit of a detail, it might be fun. Looks like they'll need to adapt to fight with their own reflexes instead of in-game commands, too.

Oh, and that guild leader is such a funny girl, we should see more of her

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Akatsuki-chan...

Anyway... XD Like with Yuushibu I won't compare this with SAO.

As usual the players can't log out and it seems defeat means death in the real world. The problem is: Who did it? Why was it done? And why is Akatsuki so damn adorable?

Looking forward to the next episode. Animation looks good and OP/ED are quite nice too.
    Last edited by Skyguardian; October 05, 2013 at 05:24 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, this anime seems interesting and I hope that it won't be taken as a copy of SAO.
    Anyway what I'm asking myself now is, they are trapped in a game or the whole country has been "digitilized"?
    All in all, I liked this first episode and I hope that the next ones will be as good as this.
    Oh.....and Akatsuki is freaking ADORABLE!!!!!!!

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 2:

Akatsuki...

So death doesn't mean death after all... Thanks to that bullying became the only thing to pass time... This is really mean. No quests at all? It's like they want to test humanity.

I really like the teamwork of those 3. They might lack a healer but with Shiros strategies and Akatsukis assassination skills... No problem...

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, that was really an excellent teamwork; they could bring down even the strongest players and monsters.
    Akatsuki, other than cute, is also freaking badass with her assassin class.
    Now they're traveling in order to save that little girl and I must say that they're doing it with style through those Gryphons. XD
    It seems also that in the next episode we will know something about the main protagonist's past, that's why I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

So far an interesting series - I like the whole .hack and sao type series so this one easily caught my eye.
    Although it seems we're going to be given details on a lot of the mysteries and pasts.
    They cat player seems to be somewhat of a mystery right now, can't wait to see episode 4.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't get enough of Akatsuki's cuteness and badassery.
    Another enjoying episode and this series is becoming even more interesting.
    Now I wonder how they will enter into that city considering that it is well guarded by those guys from Brigandia; but Shiro will surely find a way.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just finished the first episode. I like it. It seems like it's going to be closer to .hack than SAO in that it's content is a lot lighter. So far it doesn't seem like it's going to be as dramatic either. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Liked the animation too.

Only thing I don't like is the sound direction.

I do not like 15 year old anime sound effects. I do not like them in hat. I do not like that with a bat. I do not like them here nor there. I do not not like them anywhere.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I just cant figure out how people view this as > Sword Art Online and that its getting a nice following (or at least it seems it has a growing fanbase after all that participation with the author discussion on that other site or whatever I briefly saw on crunchyroll news). It feels like theres no tension or anything, we have barely any inkling of what they did in the offline world (backstory scenes would be nice), and there is way too much exposition and attention to minute details most people in the MMORPG realm know. Not to mention it looks and sounds much less polished than Accel World, Sword Art Online, and Ixion Saga DT, other series based on MMOs.

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
    I just cant figure out how people view this as > Sword Art Online and that its getting a nice following (or at least it seems it has a growing fanbase after all that participation with the author discussion on that other site or whatever I briefly saw on crunchyroll news). It feels like theres no tension or anything, we have barely any inkling of what they did in the offline world (backstory scenes would be nice), and there is way too much exposition and attention to minute details most people in the MMORPG realm know. Not to mention it looks and sounds much less polished than Accel World, Sword Art Online, and Ixion Saga DT, other series based on MMOs.
    I haven't seen anybody actually say they think it's better that Sword Art Online but that sentiment wouldn't surprise me. You have to keep in mind that fans like myself were left with an EXTREMELY bad taste in our mouths with the last half of that anime (which I absolutely hated). So, from my viewpoint at least, beating Sword Art Online isn't all that hard. Ixion Saga DT actually ranks higher for me.

That being said I've no idea where Log Horizon is going to fall in there because I've only just watched the first episode.
    Last edited by Jammin; October 22, 2013 at 02:02 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I've caught up to the current episode 3 and eagerly wants to see more.
    Again the akatsuki's parts where she hits nastugu has managed to light me up each-time (although its a running gag).

---------- Post added October 26, 2013 at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was October 22, 2013 at 11:05 PM ----------

Episode 4 is out
    Spoiler show

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I still don't understand why they need to explain every mechanic in much detail. For example, Cool Down Time didn't need a detailed explanation, in my opinion. Though perhaps I take issue with it simply for the fact that they are telling me something I already know and that they need to do it for people who may have never encountered any MMO before? Regardless, it was the best episode yet with amazing action and strategy and the visuals didn't look all that bad.

19. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Though perhaps I take issue with it simply for the fact that they are telling me something I already know and that they need to do it for people who may have never encountered any MMO before?
    Yeah - I'm sure its something like that and explain things for the new or non gamers.

New Reply
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast