Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The greatest gathering of talent in the last 10 years

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The greatest gathering of talent in the last 10 years

Quote Originally Posted by TheShiraishi View Post
    Could be referring to the depth/amount of good middle schoolers (it's already been brought up how they have been able to defeat the high schoolers and take their courts), obviously Oni and Byodouin are well ahead of their grade, similar to Ryoma and Yukimura at the end of Nationals.

OR maybe you're taking Konomi's quote that's now 5 years old a bit too seriously ;x
    I'm sure it's taking it too seriously, but it's funny because you see both the concept of this generation being special and not at the same time. For example in the Atobe doubles game the coach says 'now you will know the true power of the U17 1st strings". After Gin got defeated Hirakara said they must be playing against a bunch of unimaginable monsters. Of course on the other hand, the U17 camp did sent Oni to scare the MSers players. Looking in retrospect it doesn't seem like anyone besides him, Byodouin, or Ryoga possibly could've even used that racket effectively let alone still win a set with it, so indeed the MSer are supposed to be quite respectable.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Not to mention comparing them right now to HS wouldn't be fair. It's "talent", not to say "strength" or something like that. Give the current generation 3 years. and then try comparing the two generation by pitting them together with the current MS. The current generation doesn't do too badly, I'll say, right now. I don't think it's wrong to call them the greatest gathering of talent.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Not to mention comparing them right now to HS wouldn't be fair. It's "talent", not to say "strength" or something like that. Give the current generation 3 years. and then try comparing the two generation by pitting them together with the current MS. The current generation doesn't do too badly, I'll say, right now. I don't think it's wrong to call them the greatest gathering of talent.
    Since all the guys in POT are clearly on some kind of drugs for their body to develop so fast, I don't think being 3 or more years younger has any effect on stuff like stamina or strength. I know they claim it does occasionally, but aside from Gin vs Duke I haven't seen any game where someone lost because they have a weaker body.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    Since all the guys in POT are clearly on some kind of drugs for their body to develop so fast, I don't think being 3 or more years younger has any effect on stuff like stamina or strength. I know they claim it does occasionally, but aside from Gin vs Duke I haven't seen any game where someone lost because they have a weaker body.

It's not just a weaker body. Everything improves with practice. In a year Fuji could develop insane new counters that are strong enough to return the glowing shot. Sanada could strengthen Rai to the point where it is as strong as the glowing shot. In a couple of years Sanada could have played Yukimura a couple of times and greatly strenghtened his mental strength too. They are all factors that play into matches.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jimtors's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Yukimura was called the child of God.... He earned it while he was in Middle school and all the other MSers.... I guess the writer means that their talents are so great none like their generation has been since in the past 10 years or so. but they just can't seem to show it.. ^__^

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    But 3 years does have an effect. Very few first years are regular on their MS team. And in U-17 camp, very very few 1st year shows themselves to be distinguishable.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Philia's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Prince Of Tennis Re: The greatest gathering of talent in the last 10 years

Quote Originally Posted by jimtors View Post
    Yukimura was called the child of God.... He earned it while he was in Middle school and all the other MSers.... I guess the writer means that their talents are so great none like their generation has been since in the past 10 years or so. but they just can't seem to show it.. ^__^
    We haven't seen Yukimura at his best yet. We don't know how sick he is but since he needs an American Doctor to treat his disease means his body is in pretty bad condition. Still this Yukimura can beat the hell out of #11Fuwa.

I think Yukimura, when at 100% is better than every Mser. Also Seigaku coach said No one ever took a game from Yuki. Considering he was at his 100% before his illness, I think he played some matches against top Msers that time. But no one ever took a game against him. Even Jackal was surprised when Koshimae took a game against Yuki. Which indicates he never lost a single game even in Unofficial matches. Considering he played with Sanada & Mouri before, losing no game against them is kinda an achievement.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yukikuranoske View Post
    We haven't seen Yukimura at his best yet. We don't know how sick he is but since he needs an American Doctor to treat his disease means his body is in pretty bad condition. Still this Yukimura can beat the hell out of #11Fuwa.

I think Yukimura, when at 100% is better than every Mser. Also Seigaku coach said No one ever took a game from Yuki. Considering he was at his 100% before his illness, I think he played some matches against top Msers that time. But no one ever took a game against him. Even Jackal was surprised when Koshimae took a game against Yuki. Which indicates he never lost a single game even in Unofficial matches. Considering he played with Sanada & Mouri before, losing no game against them is kinda an achievement.
    Is it confirm that he play Mouri before? Also, if Tezuka fighting evenly with Yukimura back then, it sure mean Tezuka take some game from Yukimura back then. And Yukimura never answer PoP serve at full speed either, or at least, not confirm to.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: The greatest gathering of talent in the last 10 years

Quote Originally Posted by redhairSH View Post
    Niou being able to synchro with anyone takes major talent, Kawamura destroyed the tennis court lights, major talent with power, Inui defeated no 17, who didn't look remotely exhausted when they played, and had way better physical abilities than inui, according to stats, inui defeating the teacher of the one who he learned data tennis from when they had better physical abilities takes talent
    Inui ONLY did that because he got to see 6 games of data of Mitsuya before playing, in the new fanbook, it apparently has Inui confirm that he gave the badge because he won due to the data Yanagi collected.
    But, Kawamura destroyed the lights sure, but I reckon if Date aimed for the lights, he could do the same.
    Its just that Date has better aim so he can wipe out humans accurately as oppose to the infastructure around the court.
    Kawamura got wrecked by Date and in terms of ability is NOT No.12 of the nation lol.
    So in the 11-19, only Yukimura cruised through to a win.
    Arguably Tooyama as well since Tooyama says "An eagle always keeps his talons hidden" meaning he held back.
    Everybody truly struggled to get their badges as oppose to "they wasted 9-19".

Quote Originally Posted by redhairSH View Post
    Tezuka, Yukimura, Atobe, and Sanada are all already G10 level, Atobe is in the G10, Tezuka has the same stats but he also has PoP, Yukimura is a lot better than Niou, who is number 10, and he made the old number 11 look like a bitch, Sanada might be the new number 2 soon, he completely broke number 6's techique
    Exactly my point.

Is it confirm that he play Mouri before? Also, if Tezuka fighting evenly with Yukimura back then, it sure mean Tezuka take some game from Yukimura back then. And Yukimura never answer PoP serve at full speed either, or at least, not confirm to.
    Considering Ryoma said I'll "slow down" on his serve, I believe it was only his serve that was lightspeed.
    Since Oni and Tooyama's shots were visible for everybody's eyes to see. However they didn't do the serving training that Ryoma was doing with his father.

Why else would Ryoma hit Samurai Drive.
    It seems the amount of speed or spin on the ball of Samurai Drive can only be supplied from the massive energy that TnK provides.
    Hence why he only used it against Kintaro and Ryoma and not Tokugawa.
    The move that he used in a serious pinch against Kintaro, is the move he used to finish Yuki, (Didn't even finish him I know) but it wouldn't make sense for him to use it if he wasn't hitting the ball at the genuine speed of TnK.

More importantly, ONLY the serves that Ryoma hits were too fast for the eye to see. Which makes sense since he was doing special serving training with Nanjiroh something which Kaoz mentioned before, only Ryoma's
    Considering that when Tooyama and Oni's shots were all visible, and same with Tezuka against Fuji, and Tezuka isn't the type to hold back against the final match that Fuji requested since they're like best friend.

I highly doubt Ryoma can rally with lightspeed returns. Since that would result in Byoudouin and Oni's 10ball thing being irrelevant since they couldn't dream to hit a ball back.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

http://mangafox.me/manga/new_prince_...8/c069/26.html this is kinda proof. He says he wants to play with the Big three once again.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Considering he played with Sanada & Mouri before, losing no game against them is kinda an achievement.
    He lost one game when he beat Sanada before they started MS.
    And he must have conceded a game and taken a game against Tezuka.
    Or... They engaged in the LONGEST game with something like 30-30.
    Last edited by Airgrimes; October 03, 2013 at 02:31 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Philia's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it confirm that he play Mouri before?
    No. There is no proof. But since Yuki & Mouri were in same school I think the probability is higher that they played each-other. Also Mouri said he wants to face the big three again.

Also, if Tezuka fighting evenly with Yukimura back then, it sure mean Tezuka take some game from Yukimura back then. And Yukimura never answer PoP serve at full speed either, or at least, not confirm to.
    Thats long back when they were in elementary school. I'm talking about Mser Yuki. National Sanada can beat national Tezuka. And National Yukimura While sick can destroy National Sanada. National Level Sanada can't win even a single point against Sick Yukimura without evolving.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Considering Ryoma said I'll "slow down" on his serve, I believe it was only his serve that was lightspeed.
    Since Oni and Tooyama's shots were visible for everybody's eyes to see. However they didn't do the serving training that Ryoma was doing with his father.
    I say "PoP Serve". And anyways, that shows Yukimura cannot win already.

And Yukimura didn't win a single point. Rally is one thing. Winning points is another. Fuji without motivation can rally against Shiraishi, but he can't win point there either.

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

Thats long back when they were in elementary school. I'm talking about Mser Yuki. National Sanada can beat national Tezuka. And National Yukimura While sick can destroy National Sanada. National Level Sanada can't win even a single point against Sick Yukimura without evolving.
    In that case, sure. Sanada is say to be the strongest MS in tennis world at Kantou final. And Sanada can't even win against one point. And Luckily for Yukimura, Byoudonin and Oni are 3 years older than him, so they don't ever have to meet.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2