Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: The next great war!

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

The next great war!

As we saw during the first part of the manga all the events we saw lead in some form or another to the great war we saw at the end. From the moment crocodile was defeated by luffy the major players started making their moves and things quietly but surely would escalate. Luffy getting his bounties to some extent also heavily influenced the war considering his bounties were what made him twice a target for BB and what made the battle between ace and BB so personal which was the actual event which triggered the war.

Now, the manga right now is obviously building up to yet another, even greater, war. Law made a huge point earlier, all the major players are bidding their time and gathering as much resources as possible. The marines have seemingly improved the pacifista and akainu was able to make the marines into an even more dangerous force through new freedoms to the NW lunatics and apparently the conscription of two powerful admirals even with the loss of aokiji and the retirement of garp and sengoku. The yonko are not lagging behind. Kaido at least has bought 500 fruits which should give him a pretty powerful militia, perhaps the strongest in the world right now. Big mom cared enough about gold to ultimately be willing to accept money from the strawhats in exchange for the safety of fishman island even if she did so begrudgingly. Doflamingo has become a major player in the current events. As a weapons provider he has connections all through the new world and his weapon contracts extent well beyond the smiles.

So with the manga heading for a new war, the question is who exactly will be the big players here? What will be the event which definitely triggers it (the equivalent to ace being defeated by BB)? What role will luffy play in the war? What will each side be fighting for? Where do the revolutionaries come in?

To begin with I think the first surprise in the war will be luffy. Well, not for us readers but rather for the marines who get to see things in a greater perspective than we do. The strawhats on their own are already a force to be reckoned with consider the monster trio, their pacifista and brook. Nami and ussop could be exceptional if they grow a tad more considering their range and the scale which weather control could reach. However the thing which will come as a surprise to everyone will be the allies they can bring to the war. Jinbe, the happo navi and the heart pirates would right now be a huge factor. Imagine the allies luffy will be able to muster once the manga is closer to the end. Just the thought of it should make the yonko crap their pants.

Shanks is a wildcard considering we know remarkably little about his deal. We know he has territories and many crews backing him up but that is about it. Still, we know nothing of what his stake at the war will be.

The revolutionaries are another wildcard. They want to destroy the world government however why would they go to such a war? They are not actually allied with pirates, at least yet. And even then allying with pirates would perhaps hurt the legitimacy of their revolution. Perhaps they can take the chance to destroy the world government during the war rather than being at the center of the war....

So... any thoughts?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner MaZa's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The next great war!

i agree very much with u and surely the next war will ultimately decide the fate of the one piece world (see all blue as a united sea and the destruction of the red line which in a way will destroy the WG)
    Luffys nakamas and allies even from the very beggining are gathering because of his ability to make friends easyly which is a clear referance to his kings haki..

the thing right now is what will trigger this war....doflamingos fall or finding one piece??

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Regino's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I really like your thoughts on the new war which will come some day.

Similiar to Croc in the first half this arc will cause a major uproar in the world since at least one big shot will loose something important in the end. For me it is quite likely that in war with the WG the revolutionaries are more than a wildcart. They will be one important contestant since a defeat of the WG in a big war would raise their chances to overthrow the old system tremendously.

About Shanks... I really dont know. I dont see him taking part in a big fight... either he will be dead by then ( I hope not) or he will leave this fight to the "new generation"
    "It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning."

Henry Ford

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Regino View Post
    I really like your thoughts on the new war which will come some day.

Similiar to Croc in the first half this arc will cause a major uproar in the world since at least one big shot will loose something important in the end. For me it is quite likely that in war with the WG the revolutionaries are more than a wildcart. They will be one important contestant since a defeat of the WG in a big war would raise their chances to overthrow the old system tremendously.

About Shanks... I really dont know. I dont see him taking part in a big fight... either he will be dead by then ( I hope not) or he will leave this fight to the "new generation"
    Shanks is too young to leave everything to the next generation IMO. The next generation, luffy, the supernova are the future, shanks is pretty much the present. Not that they won't have a role here but shanks is not even 40.... Its impossible to know who exactly will have a role in the next war however shanks should be an active figure in any big event going on.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually...I was going to suggest that earlier today. A major event that could kick off the final war for One Piece could be the death of a Yonkou. And what better Yonkou than Shanks, one of the few pirates who most likely knows where One Piece is. This is a bit out of left field, but I think Shanks may have territories closer to Raftel than anyone else does. He is the only known(and strong) pirate who has competently sailed across the seas. He may be some sort of guardian for One Piece. WB said that Roger is waiting for a certain man to come about and since he was dying, he knew he wouldn't be able to meet him. Now this is where things get interesting. We know that WB was raising Ace to be the new King of Pirates, so it's possible that WB thought that Ace may have been the man that Roger was waiting for. That may have also been Shanks reasoning for trying to stop Ace. He might not know who the awaited man is, but it'd be nice not to have all of the people with the initial D. dying off before he can find him. That may be why Shanks had the hat as well. Roger trusted him to find the man. I just literally came up with this as I typed.

Anywho let's get down to the questions.

Quote Quote:
    Who exactly will be the big players here?
    First thing first, all of the Supernova will be present. There is no doubt in my mind, they will be a part of the final battle. They are the New Generation of Pirates and they all witnessed the End of the Golden Age with the death of Ace and WB. All of the Shicibukai will be there, Boa won't leave Luffy's side, Crocoboy got his passion back, Mihawk will be their because both he and Zoro's final bout will probably end during that war, Jinbe(if he isn't dead by then) will be a Strawhat, Donquixote(if he isn't killed by Kaidou) will be there just because, Buggy will be there because he's Buggy, Moria will be there and back in his prime and Kuma will be their most likely because he is deep, deep undercover as a Revolutionary. The remaining Yonkou will definitely be there, BB especially. The Marines will be present, all of the Sakazuki, the Admirals, Smoker, Coby, Helmeppo, Tashigi, and others. Several WG agents will be there I suspect, maybe including the former CP9. The Gorosei will definitely be there along with Kong. Dragon and the Revolutionaries will be there as well.

I'm probably missing a lot more and I'm not even counting people we haven't even seen yet, but these are the likeliest ones.
    Quote Quote:
    What will be the event which definitely triggers it (the equivalent to ace being defeated by BB)?
    I would assume the death of a Yonkou, the discovery and subsequent use of an ancient weapon, or revelation of the Old Kingdom.

Quote Quote:
    What role will luffy play in the war?
    Good question that has too many potential answers.

Quote Quote:
    What will each side be fighting for?
    Pirates and Revolutionaries for Freedom/One Piece/Revenge/Whatever else and the Marines/WG for Order/One Piece/Justice

Quote Quote:
    Where do the revolutionaries come in?
    Assuming Robin taught a couple folks how to read Poneglyphs, they may be one of the first to really discover parts of the True History and the Ancient Weapons. Barring that, they will come in when something big happens. They will want to make their appearance known and I expect them to attack the WG where it hurts. I actually expect them to start overthrowing the 19 Kingdoms or those of which are associated with the WG. But when they, move, it'll be when the balance is upset.
    Last edited by eefrit; October 01, 2013 at 06:20 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jimtors's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

This war is necessary and Yes i guess Kkck is right.
    Now, what will trigger it?
    For me it will be luffy and his crew.. They will (as expected) do something out of this world to stir up the latter part of Grandline (new world) and in turn domino effect into a world war..

I'm thinking along the lines of breaking the stalemate between the yonkous which only the strawhats can do (since they are the only crazy ones that would try do it) Luffy as we know is starting to make his favorite islands as his turf and this would definitely send a domino effect among the yonkous..

Or

When Dragon decides to move... when the revolutionaries try to make a move on the WG this might be a golden opportunity for the pirates of the world in their eyes to jump into and thus a three way war..

So i guess these are my 2 cents..^_^
    Last edited by jimtors; October 01, 2013 at 09:01 PM.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Agreed with eefrit.
    The Gorosei & Kong will move out imho.
    They're positions themselves carry way too much hype.
    When they were introduced, I remember in the anime they each had that HUGE drum sound a panel of each of their faces were shown.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

if there is another war, i have a feeling aokoji and smoker will both be on the straw hats side

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i agree there will be another war but I am betting it will happening after 3-4 more arcs.
    Wano->Kaido->Pandaman->Big mom->war

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MBVC's Avatar
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

Disagree, it should be current arc -> Pandaman -> Wano -> Pandaman II -> either big mam or kaidou -> Pandaman III -> BB ->annoying Pandaman IV -> War!!!

As soon as 2 of the 4 yonkou are erased then the entire balance of power shifts dramatically, this will lead to the final war.

I realized that I am merely a conscience programmed into a game.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

One Piece Re: The next great war!

The way i see it going, mock me if u want.

Strawhats along with Law and few others will take out Kaido. Kid and his allies will take out Linlin. In between we will have secrets of the void century revealed and what not. Luffy and Kid wont recieve Yonkou titles but if someone were to be Yonkous it would be those 2. Now leading up to the big war. It will be Shanks vs Blackbeard with Mihawk teaming up with shanks, that in itself is a crazy war to be feared by the world. Then it be Dragon and his Army vs the Gorosei and CP with Kong and the likes. Luffy will take on the marines at the same time his father takes on the Gorosei. Of course we'll have Sea King Army, Wiper and Nami's Abilities attacking from the Sky. Many small crews like Bart's, Law's will join them. Alabasta will help by holding back the marines trying to cross the redline to join the war. Hancock, Buggy and the likes will help the strawhats. Enel will also join the war becuase of what he discovered on the moons. thats list we know so far that be in on the fight. (could include Usopp's mini army, Dressrosa's army plus dwarves). the marines will have 3 admirals, akainu, Advanced PXs, 30 VA, 50 RA, and such. And the new world pirates wont like the thought of strawhat attacking the marines and they dont want to intefer with Blackbeard and shanks fight, so this is when Aokiji, XCP9 and underground people fight against Kid and their crews to allow Luffy to take on the marines. Thus a World War. I leave the small details and journey to Oda, cuz if i went into detail i might as well create my own manga. This is the way i see it. After the war with marines, with Luffy comming out as the victor and Blackbeard killing shanks, with dragon still in heated battle with the Gorosei. (As well as other nations taking on each other prelonging Dragon's war with WG). Luffy will then set sail to take on Blackbeard for killing shanks and Ace's revenge. here is where the ancient weapons come in.

- i also got something about usopp dying for the sake of the world, becoming the bravest warrior the sea has ever seen-

New Reply