Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: I'm scared.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Overflowing's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm scared.

"The female titan can selectively harden parts of her skin to protect it from damage or to enhance her offensive strikes."

"All of the wall's names are female names".

Last edited by Overflowing; October 01, 2013 at 11:36 PM.

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I'm scared.

I remember reading about an Inscription mentioning "Sina" as "Mother" in old Norse.I'll see if I can find it.

Quote Quote:
    Tofa sun resþi sten þænne æftir Gyþu, moþ[u]r sina. ...kell h[io].
    Quote Quote:
    Tófi's son, raised this stone in memory of Gyða, his mother. ...-kell (cut).

Also interesting:
    Quote Quote:
    The inscription also depicts a hammer within the runic text after the Old Norse word sina, which has been interpreted as being Thor's hammer Mjöllnir.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danish_...Inscription_48
    Last edited by Beatrice; October 02, 2013 at 02:44 AM.
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ImmortalZodd's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Why does it make you scared? Female collosal titans more scary than male collosal titans?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Georgie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you saying that that Titan in the wall could be Sina in her titan form?
    I always wondered who Maria, Rose and Sina were. I'm sure Isayama will explain who they are by the end of the manga.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner eton's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

The three walls are three women who could assume titan-form like Annie...

I like this theory a lot. The fact that each of the women depicted on the crests is wearing a crown is interesting too. If the religious cult is all to do with bloodlines, Historia's role as a royal child born out of wedlock & the cultists having some reason for not wanting the child's identity to ever be discovered...makes me think Historia is royalty, and thus related to the three female titans who are acting as walls (against their will?? This seems likely as the priest went into a panic that no light should fall on the exposed titan's face)

The fact that Ymir was wandering outside of the walls for 60 years is also very interesting... could she possibly also be related to Historia & the royal sisters?? The fact that human-titans can live for many years would also mean the titans inside the walls have been ALIVE in there for 100+ years, trapped inside the walls maybe in a coma-type state because they've had no light exposure for so long, so can't move. Yes, it's pretty horrifying.
    Last edited by eton; October 02, 2013 at 12:37 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Overflowing's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalZodd View Post
    Why does it make you scared? Female collosal titans more scary than male collosal titans?
    No, it's the fact that Annie was able to harden things and she's a femalt titan and Titans are inside the wall and the wall's names are female which could mean that the walls are named after female titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Georgie View Post
    Are you saying that that Titan in the wall could be Sina in her titan form?
    I always wondered who Maria, Rose and Sina were. I'm sure Isayama will explain who they are by the end of the manga.

Uh.... doubt it... mainly because there must be more titans in the wall not just one.

What if the colossal titans are just use as foundations and female titans just starting making material with their hardening technique to build the wall.

What if Rose, Maria and Sina were female titan shifters that the ape titan acknowledged?

Quote Originally Posted by eton View Post
    The three walls are three women who could assume titan-form like Annie...

I like this theory a lot. The fact that each of the women depicted on the crests is wearing a crown is interesting too. If the religious cult is all to do with bloodlines, Historia's role as a royal child born out of wedlock & the cultists having some reason for not wanting the child's identity to ever be discovered...makes me think Historia is royalty, and thus related to the three female titans who are acting as walls (against their will?? This seems likely as the priest went into a panic that no light should fall on the exposed titan's face)

The fact that Ymir was wandering outside of the walls for 60 years is also very interesting... could she possibly also be related to Historia & the royal sisters?? The fact that human-titans can live for many years would also mean the titans inside the walls have been ALIVE in there for 100+ years, trapped inside the walls maybe in a coma-type state because they've had no light exposure for so long, so can't move. Yes, it's pretty horrifying.
    Yeah it's scary and even more scary when you bring up the Histora's.... could be a possible reason why Reiner and Bertholdt wanted Christia ( not sure if i'm correct I can't recall this in the manga currently but I believe Ymir wanted to bring Christia for her and was scared she'd be punished by Reiner and Bertholdt and that they would forgive her if they get Christia).

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Overflowing View Post
    doubt it... mainly because there must be more titans in the wall not just one.
    I actually think it could be the case that there is just one female titan in each wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Overflowing View Post
    I believe Ymir wanted to bring Christia for her and was scared she'd be punished by Reiner and Bertholdt and that they would forgive her if they get Christia
    I read Ymir as being genuinely devoted to Christa/Historia, and she was lying to her when she said her reasons for kidnapping Historia were out of self-preservation. I think Ymir's dream would always be to live with Historia outside of the walls, and away from humanity, which life experience has taught Ymir to loath. I honestly don't buy that R&B ever would have harmed Ymir. They just wanted to take her, Eren and Historia back with them...for what reason, we simply can't guess yet.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member teioh's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

One female titan in each wall will simply destroy all the theories made to criticize Isayama when the real size of the walls was given in the anime.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Can you fill me in on these criticisms?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member quoux's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I highly doubt that there is only one Titan in each wall. that's saying that Annie just so happened to climb onto the ONE spot of a HUGE wall that contained the SINGLE Titan? Unlikely. And besides that Armin speculated that the wall was filled with titans and so far he's been pretty reliable. And besides that the ending credits depicts a painting of two colossal titans holding hands.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I was re-reading the face in the wall bit and reading Hanji's speculations about titans all the way around the wall suggests Isayama is emphasising that point. Also, yes, a bit contrived to have them just happen to damage the one place in the wall where the titan happens to be standing... I just like the idea of it one-colossal-titan-per-wall because, referring to the original point of the post, it's creepy to think the female names each wall was given actually refer to some type of sacrifice--actual female shifters with those very names, the actual physical embodiment of the walls.
    Last edited by eton; October 15, 2013 at 05:26 AM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Also note how the face looks towards humanity
    so are the imprisoning/guarding something hidden beneath
    the castle in the very center of the walls
    something RBA might be looking for or is there
    a second row of titans facing in the opposite direction
    or was it just for the awe moment?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner exotica's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

The names of the Walls always intrigued me and I thought of them being the founders for the said territories. Not just that they are mere wall names, but also they existed and were protecting the humankind from a greater threat. Yes, it could be that the three ladies be female titans (like Annie) and that they bound themselves to each wall.

But I think that more than 1 titan exist inside the walls. I mean, just look at that vast territory! And I don't think that its a coincidence that Annie happened to be climbing over that same wall. Since the walls are at intervals, sort of like a pillar which supports the ground, if you'll see, they are quite the number, I presumed that the each interval in the wall could mean per titan.

Or it could be that Isayama is laughing his head off while his fans are speculating crazily!

New Reply