Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: Toriko Jump Special

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Toriko Toriko Jump Special

Anyone know where I can find a download for the Toriko Jump Super Special (2009 OVA)? And perhaps (but I doubt it) the songs used in that episode?

Ufotable did an amazing job, if only Toriko episodes were always like this.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member zangetsukakashi's Avatar
    Country
    Egypt
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko Jump Special

ya, it's on a-destiny's downloads page. check here: http://www.apiljuce.com/anime/gashbell/Toriko/
    just search in that page for the date "14-Jun-2010" and u'll see it.

actually, they also did another one on 2010, but never released it on DVD, so it's nowhere to be found.

no soundtracks were released for it too, unfortunately

3. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zangetsukakashi View Post
    ya, it's on a-destiny's downloads page. check here: http://www.apiljuce.com/anime/gashbell/Toriko/
    just search in that page for the date "14-Jun-2010" and u'll see it.

actually, they also did another one on 2010, but never released it on DVD, so it's nowhere to be found.

no soundtracks were released for it too, unfortunately
    As expected from you, thanks alot!

I knew it, damn it, my friend had better not shown me this because ever since I've seen this I've been asking myself why Toriko episodes didn't stay like this and now I'm even more dissapointed since they didn't release any soundtracks or something.

So the second one nowhere to be found? Not even online or something (not download).
    Last edited by Grinpatch; October 02, 2013 at 07:57 AM.

Country
    Egypt
    Post Thanks / Like

hehe. for me, this and TOEI's are awesome in their own ways. this one has serious animation and gore, and the other has really awesome fights. i love em both

i really thought the same at first, but after checking out TOEI's, i came to love it. the animation is sometimes good-sometimes bad (the usual for long-running stuff), but it's awesome in main fights (gt robo, grinpatch, tommy, hannya panda, etc...), music is cool, good voices, etc...

ya, it's nowhere to be found, anywhere in the world. only a few people saw it live in that 'jump super anime tour 2010', and if they never announce a dvd for it, we'll probably never see it... ever

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

hehe. for me, this and TOEI's are awesome in their own ways. this one has serious animation and gore, and the other has really awesome fights. i love em both

i really thought the same at first, but after checking out TOEI's, i came to love it. the animation is sometimes good-sometimes bad (the usual for long-running stuff), but it's awesome in main fights (gt robo, grinpatch, tommy, hannya panda, etc...), music is cool, good voices, etc...

ya, it's nowhere to be found, anywhere in the world. only a few people saw it live in that 'jump super anime tour 2010', and if they never announce a dvd for it, we'll probably never see it... ever
    This version is way closer to the manga, Toei's somehow, someway make everything seem less intimidating and scary (like the Four-beast), it's rare that I prefer the Manga over the episodes but damn the manga is WAY better than the anime and that's sad (in my opinion).

The battles are awesome but the censoring makes it horrible, and like I said before, somehow someway Toei manages to make the whole story and everything about it look so childish to the point where if new people come and wanna watch it they'd say "It's just about food." but if you show them the Ova from 2009 let's see if they will still say that.

Even the Fork's and Knife's look like a blue laser or something like that, while in the manga it's real metal...

Country
    Egypt
    Post Thanks / Like

hmm. true. in the gore and seriousness, yeah, but in terms of how the characters look, i'd say TOEI is much closer to the manga's. ufotable has that pointy style for faces and stuff it's still awesome though.

i dunno if even a part of what i'm saying is right or not, but here's how i think it happened:
    ufotable did 1 ova, and were preparing for the 2nd one, and the first's DVD didn't sell that great, so they didn't release the 2nd's DVD. then TOEI thought it wouldn't work for them if it were the same, seeing how the OVA DVD didn't sell, so they planned it to be in a kids' timeslot. or maybe they wanted more money with it, maybe for better advertising, etc... or maybe all together But anyway, i don't think they could've ever made the whole anime like the OVA, seeing that it's long running.
    i dunno. that's just my guess But i think it's good they're starting to put blood in the anime now.

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

hmm. true. in the gore and seriousness, yeah, but in terms of how the characters look, i'd say TOEI is much closer to the manga's. ufotable has that pointy style for faces and stuff it's still awesome though.

i dunno if even a part of what i'm saying is right or not, but here's how i think it happened:
    ufotable did 1 ova, and were preparing for the 2nd one, and the first's DVD didn't sell that great, so they didn't release the 2nd's DVD. then TOEI thought it wouldn't work for them if it were the same, seeing how the OVA DVD didn't sell, so they planned it to be in a kids' timeslot. or maybe they wanted more money with it, maybe for better advertising, etc... or maybe all together But anyway, i don't think they could've ever made the whole anime like the OVA, seeing that it's long running.
    i dunno. that's just my guess But i think it's good they're starting to put blood in the anime now.
    That's weird, whenever I see the reactions of the OVA I see tons of people liking it and saying how the episodes should've been more like that.

*edit* If that's really the case then I lost hope for humanity, Toei's version isn't bad, don't get me wrong but it's obvious which version is superior. I find it very hard to believe honestly, what would sound more plausible is that they did it so that kids could watch it too and play it earlier so they get more viewers, but I honestly don't believe that people prefer the Toei version. (atleast not people who enjoy the Manga alot like me)
    Last edited by Grinpatch; October 02, 2013 at 03:48 PM.

New Reply