Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: What do you think about Sanji's fight ?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • It was ok

36 29.27%
  • He could have done better

24 19.51%
  • Just disappointing

14 11.38%
  • Was that even a fight ?

49 39.84%
New Reply
Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 724 Discussion/ 725 Prediction

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 724 Spoiler Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    But ayway, I don't see Fujitora interfering anyway, since it looks like it's going to be a one on one fight.

Best he can do is probably keep Dofla busy as long as he can, then escaping and hiding.
    I would like to see Issho in a bigger role in this arc, not just on the sidelines, as the marines have to show strength somehow. They can't be just played by someone so affiliated to a Yonkou, if it's get public recognation once the factory is revealed and the citizens get their memories back. I could even see him being the one to face Doflamingo during the end, with so many of his crew still active.

But escape where?^^ It's too late for Robins group to help, maybe DD has a maternal relationship to Jora/Giolla that Law knows of because of his own time with him, that he can use for blackmail.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohsen View Post
    Most of Luffy's memorys of Ace are of Ace not having a DF ability.
    Luffy again is endangering his whole crew cause he doesn't think about the consequences. In Shabondy he punshed a Celestial Dragon and thought like always everything will be alright but in the end he and his crew nearly got massacred.

Spoiler show
    That's Luffy for you, that's the situation every crew member knew they would get into before they started the second part of their journey. Many more tears will drop from the Weakling Trio until Luffy becomes PK, that's part of the comedic basic foundation of the dynamic between the characters.
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by Schabrak; October 07, 2013 at 09:25 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If Sanji can't find a way around DD's strings Luffy is going to have a very difficult fight. Like the future fight vs Mihawk I think Luffy is going to have to let Zoro handle this one.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tovrick View Post
    If Sanji can't find a way around DD's strings Luffy is going to have a very difficult fight. Like the future fight vs Mihawk I think Luffy is going to have to let Zoro handle this one.
    Unlike Sanji, Luffy has a long reach, and can bend and tiwst in every direction. But yeah, the fight is going to be difficult, all right. That much was expected.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheLuffySmile's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, the chapter seems to be packed with interesting stuff! I expected Sanji to lose, but I'll be a bit disappointed if we get to see Doflamingo totally unscathed. But what I want to know the most is Law's past with Doflamingo. What could've possibly have happened those 13 years ago when Law himself was only 13, that the thought of vengeance and retribution still burns strong inside him? I have three theories:

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Spoiler show
    Last edited by TheLuffySmile; October 07, 2013 at 09:40 AM.
    Hey, Ace! Sabo's alive man! just thought you deserved to know.

6. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand why people are so upset about Sanji losing to Dofla. It was a logical consiquance of this fight. The only once who had a chance in an individual fight against Dofla are Luffy and Law. It's not only because of lack of power, but also because of plot-induced issues.
    Zoro and Sanji always fight considerably weaker opponents than Luffy does. He always takes the leader, the one who noone except him can't take down.

P.S. About Law and Vergo... Vergo lost to Law only because he played around and seriously understimated Law. Otherwise he would have taken him down way faster without all this playing and needless talk. And even the last attack. He didn't even bother to dodge due to understimating Law. Otherwise he should have been able to dodge since his speed seemed way above Law's.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kulugo's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

^ probably because it was the perfect opportunity for Oda to show Sanji's progress (he did train for 2 years), and people are probably hoping that he would atleast scratch doflamingo.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Sanji should be strong enough to be a threat to anyone. The chapter is not out yet but if he is just trashed, I won't be satisfied. If Sanji can not even harm a shishibukai, it simply mean that Sanji will likely be used as a "worf effect" until the end of the manga. Luffy is the leader & can no longer lose to anyone. Oda know that Zoro's defeat wouldn't be well received by the fans & the others are just too weak against top opponents. So, for the "worf effect", there is only Sanki left.
    Anyway, it's again a proof that Oda have no idea how to handle fights since the timeskip. And I say it again: you want to ruin a shounen, just do a timeskip ...

And Law being this narrowminded & talking simply about revenge ? I thought he was going for the top.

All in all, the spoilers are just disappointing.
    Only hope for Sanji, the mera mera no mi but I highly doubt this ...

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kulugo's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Unlike Sanji, Luffy has a long reach, and can bend and tiwst in every direction. But yeah, the fight is going to be difficult, all right. That much was expected.
    the longer luffy gets, the easier dofla cuts.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I don't really get why people believe that Sanji should be able to be a threat to anyone. Nothing suggested it since the timeskip. Especially after we've seen him against Vergo.

I think it was quite clear that timeskip wasn't in order for them to just skip through the NW. It was only for them to be able to win against average NW opponents and to be a die hard opponents to most of the relevant figures. At the same time how is it possible at this stage for either Zoro or Sanji to be able to hold their own let alone win against the likes of Dofla? Even for Luffy it should be something like a fight against Rob Lucci at this point. Dofla is a damn strong guy. For him Joz was an easy opponent. And I really doubt that anyone besides Luffy can be comparable with Joz among current Strawhats.

It's just that the fans' expectations are higher than it should be according to the plot.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    Well, I don't really get why people believe that Sanji should be able to be a threat to anyone. Nothing suggested it since the timeskip. Especially after we've seen him against Vergo.

I think it was quite clear that timeskip wasn't in order for them to just skip through the NW. It was only for them to be able to win against average NW opponents and to be a die hard opponents to most of the relevant figures. At the same time how is it possible at this stage for either Zoro or Sanji to be able to hold their own let alone win against the likes of Dofla? Even for Luffy it should be something like a fight against Rob Lucci at this point. Dofla is a damn strong guy. For him Joz was an easy opponent. And I really doubt that anyone besides Luffy can be comparable with Joz among current Strawhats.

It's just that the fans' expectations are higher than it should be according to the plot.
    We don't know anything about Jozu vs Do Flamingo. DoFla could have taken Jozu off guard and due to his diamond skin, I wonder how Dofla was supposed to hurt him. So, that's a wrong argument.

And there is a massive difference between being toyed around, holding its own & winning a fight. Sanji should be a monster strong enough for any opponent to be at least cautious. Do you see Luffy having an easy time fighting Sanji or Zoro ? ... Me neither

What I don't like is that Dofla was already proven strong enough, it wasn't needed to "worf" Sanji. Sanji was humiliated enough by Oda since the timeskip. The bloodloss jokes were enough ... He didn't need this.
    Post timeskip, I really didn't expect any member of the monster trio to be used that way.

NB: But again, the spoiler could be misleading & it was maybe not so easy for Dofla.
    Last edited by zelllogan; October 07, 2013 at 11:58 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to this chapter. And there's still a great deal of story left to be told before everything is wrapped up. The toy revolt is gonna happen, during the D-Block match.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner MaZa's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

my opinion is that ceasar was always his hidden card agaoinst kaido not dd.. because kaido might be able to find another broker but it is more difficult to find the scientist tha produces the SMILE...yes some will say the factories are DDs but if i were kaido my main concern would be not to lose my manufacturer...that way law is bluffing and the alliance in not dead...

another prediction is that law is defeated and luffy saves him (possibly in the next arc as DD might take him hostage) and then Law owes luffy his life

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

zelllogan

Well, I know that we didn't see how Joz was caught by Dofla, but he still managed to do this and it shows how strong he is. Since Joz easily tanked the monstrous slice from Mihawk, so he should be a monster himself, but he was easily caught by Dofla.

About Sanji being a monster for anyone to be at least cautious... I think you are clearly overrating him. Nothing from manga actually supports this. He is strong. Noone doubts it, but nowhere it was shown that Sanji is strong enough to make the likes of Dofla and higher guys to be cautious or be afraid of Sanji even a bit.

Also about comparing Luffy, Zoro and Sanji... I know that practically noone agrees with me on it, but I believe that Zoro is stronger than Sanji. Of course the differense is not big, but there is one. About Luffy... I do believe he can at least tie against both Zoro and Sanji at the same time. It was shown throughout entire manga. He always fights the opponents who are considerably stronger than those who Zoro or Sanji fights. In some Arcs he even takes down not only the strongest one, but also 4th strongest (like in Ennies Lobby) or something along the lines. Also when the crew got separated he was the one who got through the worst hard training by far (if we include his trip to Amazon Lilly, Impel Down and Marineford).

About Sanji's humilations... The only thing I agree with you is about bloodloss jokes. I didn't like them, especially since there were too many of them. The first time it was funny, but then it was too dull and repetative.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Zeta42's Avatar
    Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

If it turns out now that Law never intended to go after Kaido, Luffy will lose a powerful ally in the New World and the build-up will be ruined. I doubt it's gonna happen; you're probably misunderstanding what the spoilers say. Let's wait for the actual chapter.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Law's real goal might be to take down Dofla. Still if he and Luffy take down Dofla, then they will automatically become Kaido's enemies, since Dofla had close buiseness ties with Kaido. After Dofla is defeated Kaido won't be able to get more artificial DF, thus he would be enraged and would want to get some sort of revenge on those who ruined his strategy, so it wasn't a bluff on Law's part. Even though his actual goal was different.

New Reply
Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast