Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 263

Thread: Strongest Shinigami in Bleach

  1. #91
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Country
    Romania
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest Shinigami in Bleach

    Quote Originally Posted by jaymizzo View Post
    Aizen is not underestimated at all, the opposite actually. People tend to use his Hogyouku feats as his Shinigami feats a lot. Hell, people thought Aizen could take Yama out with only his Shikai

    Komamura, tbh I can understand why he is underestimated, I mean his Bankai is a double edged sword and a huge target. IMO his Shikai>Bankai when it comes to usefulness. We may see a lot more of him but I believe how people rate him is justified.
    What Hogyouku feat are u talking about? Aizen didn't use hougyoku power till his fight with Isshin, the only hougyoku feast is the fight with Ichigo and at that point both Aizen and Ichigo was leagues above anyone in bleach so far, and his fight with Isshin, Urahara and Yoruichi was dumb fight from my point of view,i strongly believe that with bankaii they would defeat that version of Aizen, and about his shinkai im in that group aswell, i believe that out of 10 fights Aizen could win atleast 4 against Yama(this is shinkai vs shinkai ofc)

    As for Komamura i do agree with u,his bankai is a double edge sword but i didn't mean that when i said that his underestimated, my point is that till now poor puppy fight only with monster, most of the enemy that other captains had are weakling compare with what komamura had to fight

  2. #92
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    Slovakia
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,501
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest Shinigami in Bleach

    Quote Originally Posted by Auryon View Post
    What Hogyouku feat are u talking about? Aizen didn't use hougyoku power till his fight with Isshin, the only hougyoku feast is the fight with Ichigo and at that point both Aizen and Ichigo was leagues above anyone in bleach so far, and his fight with Isshin, Urahara and Yoruichi was dumb fight from my point of view,i strongly believe that with bankaii they would defeat that version of Aizen, and about his shinkai im in that group aswell, i believe that out of 10 fights Aizen could win atleast 4 against Yama(this is shinkai vs shinkai ofc)

    As for Komamura i do agree with u,his bankai is a double edge sword but i didn't mean that when i said that his underestimated, my point is that till now poor puppy fight only with monster, most of the enemy that other captains had are weakling compare with what komamura had to fight
    http://www.mangareader.net/94-48494-...apter-396.html
    http://www.mangareader.net/94-48494-...apter-396.html
    http://www.mangareader.net/94-48494-...apter-396.html

    This is basically the first shown Hougyoku feat. Ever since then, Aizen has been using it to evade death by Urahara's kido cuffs, combined assault of Urahara, Isshin and Yoruichi, and finally by Gin's bankai. Plus, he destroyed Kototsu (the janitor thingy in Dangai). All that before the final fight with Ichigo.
    Erfworld

    Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

  3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  4. #93
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Country
    Romania
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest Shinigami in Bleach

    And those are feast? That only prove what i said, people really underestimate Aizen and ignore everything what he did before Hougyoku

  5. #94
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    Storm's End
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    948
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest Shinigami in Bleach

    Quote Originally Posted by Auryon View Post
    And those are feast? That only prove what i said, people really underestimate Aizen and ignore everything what he did before Hougyoku
    Is there anyone who doubts Aizens strength? I believe everyone agrees that Aizen is most likely the 3rd strongest Shinigami shown in Bleach. I'm talking about Aizen without his Hogyokou power-up. Yama-jii and Isshin seem to be a bit above him.

    Honestly no one in Bleach dared to face off against Yama-jii. Neither Baach nor Aizen had enough self-confidence in them to fight Yamamoto head on. Nor Shunsui+Ukitake of whome Yamamooto said combined are a force stronger than anyone else.
    Only ones that dared to fight Yamamoto 1 on 1 are a brainless WW and a Bach worshipper. You see only dlusional people would fight Yamamoto head on but everyone else who has a bit of a brain would know what awaits him if he/she fights Yamamoto fair and square.

    I'm still waiting for an explanation on why Isshin is so strong even though he is one of the younger generations captain. Seeing how great Ichigo's Shinigami power is that he inherited of his father I suspect that Isshin might have hid his true strength when he was a captain of the 10th squad like Aizen did.

  6. #95
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Zaphkiel
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    11,372
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest Shinigami in Bleach

    It should also be noted that Aizen was willing to clash swords with Isshin, for a reason I don't know of. It's pretty much a given that Isshin also saw Kyouka Suigetsu's release, meaning, if Aizen wanted to trick Isshin into fighting a windmill, he could still do that. Maybe because Isshin was quite strong himself, Aizen wanted to fight him head on, instead of relying on his illusion power. That's just a mere speculation, though.

  7. #96
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Gourmet World
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,450
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest Shinigami in Bleach

    Hakuteiken
    Well, Gin actually fought Hitsugaya in Shikai against Shikai fight... and well, it was nothing impressive. Especially since Hitsugaya at that time and even now is all about his Bankai. If Gin at least had his Shinigami skills around Byakuya level, then he might have won against Hitsugaya in Shikai against Shikai fight.

    Also Gin's and Ukitake's comparisson isn't right, since we know from Yama that Ukitake is strong overall. Also, the only fight he actually lost was against Wondy and well, Wondy seemed at least stronger than Starrk if you ask me, especially going by Starrk's words and intonation, when he saw Wondy coming in to the battlefield... At the same time Ukitake was quite good against Quincies compared to the likes of Soi Fong, Komamura, Hitsugaya and Byakuya even with his illness that made him physically weaker.
    The same Gin never showed anything special in terms of Shinigami Arts and was never reffered as a great specialist of any. His only great trates throughout the manga were his Captain-level Reiatsu and his Bankai that was indead deadly, but without it he wasn't better than Hitsugaya without his Bankai... And maybe even worse if we compare current Hitsugaya with Gin...

  8. #97
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    Storm's End
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    948
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest Shinigami in Bleach

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    It should also be noted that Aizen was willing to clash swords with Isshin, for a reason I don't know of. It's pretty much a given that Isshin also saw Kyouka Suigetsu's release, meaning, if Aizen wanted to trick Isshin into fighting a windmill, he could still do that. Maybe because Isshin was quite strong himself, Aizen wanted to fight him head on, instead of relying on his illusion power. That's just a mere speculation, though.
    Did Isshin see it?
    As far as I know he didn't see it. The same goes for Urahara and Yourichi.

  9. #98
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,844
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest Shinigami in Bleach

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    Well, Gin actually fought Hitsugaya in Shikai against Shikai fight... and well, it was nothing impressive. Especially since Hitsugaya at that time and even now is all about his Bankai. If Gin at least had his Shinigami skills around Byakuya level, then he might have won against Hitsugaya in Shikai against Shikai fight.
    People need to realize that Gin had no intention of killing Hitsugaya nor did he show any killing intent. What makes you think that Byakuya has higher Shinigami skills than Gin?

    Quote Quote:
    Also, the only fight he actually lost was against Wondy and well, Wondy seemed at least stronger than Starrk if you ask me, especially going by Starrk's words and intonation, when he saw Wondy coming in to the battlefield... At the same time Ukitake was quite good against Quincies compared to the likes of Soi Fong, Komamura, Hitsugaya and Byakuya even with his illness that made him physically weaker.
    He technically did not lose that fight, he was basically ambushed and pierced through the chest. Not much he could have done there tbh. WW was specifically made to counter Yama and him being there meant that Aizen was serious and wanted to end things quickly. Which means if Yama was to release, WW was there to nullify him and therefore remove the biggest threat there. We also saw WWs specialty when he extinguished the flames as soon as he got onto the Battlefield.

    Where do you get the notion that he was quite better? We did not see his fight nor his opponent. So, how did you come to that conclusion?

    Quote Quote:
    The same Gin never showed anything special in terms of Shinigami Arts and was never reffered as a great specialist of any. His only great trates throughout the manga were his Captain-level Reiatsu and his Bankai that was indead deadly, but without it he wasn't better than Hitsugaya without his Bankai... And maybe even worse if we compare current Hitsugaya with Gin...
    Neither was Aizen by any other Shinigami bar Gin and Tousen (IIRC). You do realize that Gin has toyed with every single opponent he has faced to date, even Ichigo, he had no intention of killing whatsoever.

    How anyone could place Hitsugaya above or even in the same league as Gin is beyond me.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

  10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  11. #99
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Zaphkiel
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    11,372
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest Shinigami in Bleach

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    Hakuteiken
    Well, Gin actually fought Hitsugaya in Shikai against Shikai fight... and well, it was nothing impressive. Especially since Hitsugaya at that time and even now is all about his Bankai. If Gin at least had his Shinigami skills around Byakuya level, then he might have won against Hitsugaya in Shikai against Shikai fight.

    Also Gin's and Ukitake's comparisson isn't right, since we know from Yama that Ukitake is strong overall. Also, the only fight he actually lost was against Wondy and well, Wondy seemed at least stronger than Starrk if you ask me, especially going by Starrk's words and intonation, when he saw Wondy coming in to the battlefield... At the same time Ukitake was quite good against Quincies compared to the likes of Soi Fong, Komamura, Hitsugaya and Byakuya even with his illness that made him physically weaker.
    The same Gin never showed anything special in terms of Shinigami Arts and was never reffered as a great specialist of any. His only great trates throughout the manga were his Captain-level Reiatsu and his Bankai that was indead deadly, but without it he wasn't better than Hitsugaya without his Bankai... And maybe even worse if we compare current Hitsugaya with Gin...
    It wasn't really a Shikai against Shikai fight. Hitsugaya fought unreleased Gin for the entire fight and when he seemingly trapped Gin, Gin released his own to get out of the predicament. Regardless, that fight was mostly about swordsmanship and for me, it's sort of a proof that without releasing their Zanpakuto, captains cannot beat each other in a straight sword fight with ease.

    Indeed, Ukitake has been highly praised by his master. To add to your point, he didn't even fight Wonderweiss, but he was merely caught off guard. So, I also don't doubt his power under normal circumstances. However, doing better than those four against Quincy isn't really a proof to it, since it's the direct result of not going Bankai.
    If we are to go by hype again, sure, Hitsugaya has considerably more hype than Gin had, anyway, as Gin pointed out during their own fight.

    ---------- Post added at 04:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Mohsen View Post
    Did Isshin see it?
    As far as I know he didn't see it. The same goes for Urahara and Yourichi.
    Those three were all back in SS only around 110 years ago and Aizen was already a vice-captain by that time. I find it highly unlikely that they didn't. Even if it's the case, releasing your sword is only a matter of time. In that very same sense, Aizen could also use it against Ichigo, too, but apparently, everyone bet on the possibility that his arrogance would prevent him from doing so, which eventually happened to be the case.

  12. #100
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member metalia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    128
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest Shinigami in Bleach

    Apart from Ichigo for obvious script reasons, I think Aizen is the strongest shinigami. Almost as inteligent as Urahara, and almost as powerful as Yamamoto. He also beat every single enemy (besides ichigo) without using his bankai. I would love to see quincies stealing Aizen's bankai and he would be like: you can have it, I've never used it anyway...

    Can't figure out anyone better!

    Also I think some ppl here are not taking into account that intelligence plays a big role in the strength of a character. Kisuke is one of the strongest shinigami because he is incredibly intelligent.
    Last edited by metalia; October 21, 2013 at 03:31 PM.

  13. #101
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    Poland
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,199
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest Shinigami in Bleach

    Quote Originally Posted by metalia View Post
    Apart from Ichigo for obvious script reasons, I think Aizen is the strongest shinigami. Almost as inteligent as Urahara, and almost as powerful as Yamamoto. He also beat every single enemy (besides ichigo) without using his bankai. I would love to see quincies stealing Aizen's bankai and he would be like: you can have it, I've never used it anyway... .
    Well, he didn't really do well against Isshin, he reached his limit. And Isshin didn't activate his Shikai. That same Isshin could handle White 20 years ago without much problem, if not for Aizen's interference.

    And Urahara is surely one of the strongest, and he doesn't rely on Bankai. He'd trash quite a few Quincies alone if he could catch them. I guess Yoruichi+Urahara would handle almost any SR, Juha excluded. Yoruichi would deal with their speed, Urahara will catch them while Yoruichi fights. And Yoruichi still has Shunko and she'll probably handle SRs with ease. She's not Soifon.

  14. #102
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    182
    Post Thanks / Like

    WSJ Pirate Re: Strongest Shinigami in Bleach

    how could you not include aizen on this list. he has twice the reiatsu of a normal captain and could pin an espada down with spirit energy alone. the same espada that could fight equally with ichigos bankai. he uses 90s level kido with no incantation

  15. #103
    Artists of MH 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FaustXIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Raftel
    Country
    Philippines
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,122
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest Shinigami in Bleach

    Strongest or Most Powerful?

    If Strongest it's Kenpachi
    If it's Most Powerful it's Ichigo
    [

  16. #104
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest Shinigami in Bleach

    This pretty hard to do in Bleach. Especially because Kubo have made a mess with the power levels (Im looking at you Ishhin). No doubt i want Isshin to be a monster but I just dont see it. When i read his battle with Aizen all I got was " Oh ishin, so it seems Im about to transform, blame the hogyoku for slowing my movements". People seem to forget that Isshin was a Captain for a really short time AND he lost his powers right away. He fought that super hollow and got beat up and while it was a badass fight I would think that someone as powerful as Aizen wouldnt break a sweat with a semi arrancar/hollow/vasto lorder/whatever it was.

    And after he got his powers back, he was still rusty. So a rusty Isshin beat the crap out of Aizen or Aizen was getting handicapped by the Hogyoku? The answer depends on you really, but I find it WAY easier to believe that Aizen was undergoing mid transformation.

    Kubo greatest mistake in Bleach wasnt Aizen, but Kyoka Suigetsu. Its quite literally a sword that craps Deus Ex Machinas. He shouldnt have made such a Hax sword with impossible to find out weakness. Because now how can we really gauge Aizens power levels if pretty much everybody was under Absolute Hypnosis.

    Also, didnt Aizen said that Shinigami battles are battles of reiatus? Which is why Soi Fong was unable to kill him with her 2-hit KO? By that Logic, how is Yama aka Satan himself unable to break out of the Hypnosis with reiatsu alone?. If the answer is "well Aizen was stronger " then this thread is over. But again, I dont believe Aizen was stronger than Yama.

    My point is, in Bleach is pretty much impossible to gauge power levels.

    Now who would I LIKE TO BELIEVE are the strongest?

    -Unohana
    -Kenpachi
    -Shunsui

    -the rest i dont care.

    Sorry for my english.

  17. #105
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,704
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest Shinigami in Bleach

    Aizen and Ichigo aren't shinigami. Theyre hybrid beings. Yama is presumably dead and no one knows about Unohana. Zaraki has great strength but he isn't as complete as other shinigami. The most complete imo is Shunsui or Juushiro (if we go by his implied skill being what Shunsui's is). Urahara is very skilled as well. And Byakuya is going to be something else when he comes back to SS. He spent more time in Kirinji's healing water than anyone. Plus he probably received the "royal treatment" like his sister and VC. It will be interesting to see how the characters develop. We have so many characters to release Bankai. Hell Im even interested in Komammura now that he's a werewolf, he must be crazy strong. I mean all the abuse he's taken through the manga by Aizen, Kenpachi, hollow Tousen... hes still up and kicking!

New Reply
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts