Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Strongest Shinigami in Bleach

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Xerneas's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Strongest Shinigami in Bleach

Its obviously Yamamoto. The entire first half of this arc was about getting his Ban Kai. Everything else was irrelevant. I'm hesitant to put the RG on a pedestal despite what Renji just showed. He's a main character and they are not. I wouldn't be surprised if they all got pwned by Yhwach using the same damn Ban Kai.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Xerneas View Post
    Its obviously Yamamoto. The entire first half of this arc was about getting his Ban Kai. Everything else was irrelevant. I'm hesitant to put the RG on a pedestal despite what Renji just showed. He's a main character and they are not. I wouldn't be surprised if they all got pwned by Yhwach using the same damn Ban Kai.
    Yamamoto was not a main character and he was the strongest, so how does Renji being a main char with the RG being support character play any actual role your argument? You are actually making an argument against yourself.^^
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Yamamoto was not a main character and he was the strongest, so how does Renji being a main char with the RG being support character play any actual role your argument? You are actually making an argument against yourself.^^
    Lol ok let me put it another way. The RG are new characters right. So we should set expectations low. Kubo is the master of overhyping people and then bringing them crashing down. Yama was kind of an exception. Like, the whole point of his character was to be the strongest. He was actually introduced that way all those years ago in SS arc. The first thing we learned about him was that he had LEGENDARY reiatsu. But unlike all these overhyped people like VLs, Visoreds etc he proved it shortly after by making two top Captains shit themselves in his very presence.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The G13 captains didn't look very happy meeting the Royal Guards either. They were presented as powerful, are by all means and purposes powerful and Kubo actually never gave a doubtful hint that they aren't [far] above the normal captains. Hype or not, they are simply stronger by the show off of Abarai who could only spend like a week with them.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MBVC's Avatar
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

So now we have a new argument about Renji who stayed in the Royal Palace less than a month is actually stronger than 5 RG who stayed there for centuries!

I realized that I am merely a conscience programmed into a game.

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MBVC View Post
    So now we have a new argument about Renji who stayed in the Royal Palace less than a month is actually stronger than 5 RG who stayed there for centuries!
    No we are talking about character portrayal. No one thinks RG is weaker than Renji. But Kubo could make them look bad and totally de-hype them.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by devstauk View Post
    Why are people skipping over the fact that the 5 RG are the Ouken and pretty much have the power of 100k souls fused to their original powers, while this might not be important to you it is to me. These guys strength can't be comparable to current SS they beyond it by huge leaps and bounds, and the treatment they gave Ichigo and Co was just a very small portion of this power, while okay the power up looks huge from what we saw with Renji 'owning' Superstar while two 'captains' lost it isn't a huge feat in its self and we don't know if it is a permanent boost.

But if we take away the Ouken from RG and just leave them as standard Shinigami then it is without a doubt Yamamotto, he created the original G13 and turned blood thirsty killing machines into a group that was protecting SS. We saw a silhouette of who the original captains were and you can see that Ichibei was amongst them (thats me judging the sandles on his feet with the ones that were shown in silhouette on the guy with pigtails) but we also have yet to see who those originals were and if they are dead and not just abandoned the way Yamamotto grew soft, this is why i think Ywach is or was part of that G13 even if i have no known proof.

Strongest Shinigami = Yamamotto

Just because your part of the Royal Guard / Zero Division doesn't make you "more powerful" than a member of the Gotei 13. Remember these five individuals weren't chosen for their power, but their intellect and how they used it to create something unique that would make the world of the Shinigami stronger and more effective in their roles to balance the world of souls.

Hikifune for example showcased her special talent, but i seriously doubt she could fare against Kenpachi in a sword battle. Granted though, Shunsui only pointed out that all five "together" not "separate" are stronger than the Gotei 13 combined. You also have to look at this as well, over 50% of the Gotei 13 are recent / new members who have very little experience compared to the Royal Guard, Yamamoto, Unohana, Shunsui or Ukitake. So yeah, put that into perspective too and it does make sense.

p.s., Zaraki is still the strongest in my opinion and even the Old Man Yama knew how dangerous he'd be, if he truly perfected his sword skills alone.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

If single RG was stronger than entire G13 and as strong as 100,000 souls, there'd be no war at all. One RG would be enough to kill all SRs and Juha, with Ichigo's help. The strongest pure Shinigami is obviously Kenpachi, as his name suggests. :P

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FetherMan View Post
    Zaraki is still the strongest in my opinion and even the Old Man Yama knew how dangerous he'd be, if he truly perfected his sword skills alone.
    In terms of Swordsmanship? Yes. In terms of reiatsu? debatable, but possible. Everything else? No. Unless his Zanpakuto has the ability to negate other Zanpakuto abilities, he would still lose to a few Captains. Unohana went in wanting to lose to Zaraki, although her Bankai was more than enough to end him (if it's effect was actually disintegration). I don't see him fairing well against Zanka no Tachi either. Nor Kyoka Suigetsu. Plus, I would really hate it if he were stronger than a couple of the Royal Guards. And we've only seen their inventions and innovations, not their fighting ability.

That 50% thing doesn't really make difference. Shunsui said them combined are stronger than the combined forces of the Gotei 13, including himself, Unohana, and Ukitake. Keep in mind, he didn't specify that they were just stronger than the 13 Captains combined, he said the entire Gotei 13. So that means, Captains, Lieutenants, and Seated Officers.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Mystic Kenpachi could be as strong as Yamamoto now in terms of reiatsu or even stronger. So yes he's the strongest Captain. But hax can bypass just physical power. I would laugh and not be surprised either if he had a kidou type zan with some kind of healing power. Convenient way to keep Unohana around.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Equal to? I would hate it, but I'd tolerate it at the least. Stronger than? I am writing a strongly worded letter to Kubo. Strongest current Captain? Probable. I'm waiting for Shunsui and Ukitake to throw down though. Then there is Byakuya, who should in all honesty be dead, but seeing as he isn't, he'll probably rival Zaraki with the RG training.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I find Kenpachi to be the strongest, especially considering he's always held back in his fights and at least, he's one of the strongest with tremendous potential. bleach wallpaper
    Last edited by nocturne22; March 12, 2014 at 07:41 AM.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zimbardo's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nocturne22 View Post
    I find Kenpachi to be the strongest, especially considering he's always held back in his fights and at least, he's one of the strongest with tremendous potential.
    Holding back in fights is a very Shinigami-esque characteristic...
    I mean, look at Aizen, Gin, Kyouraku, Urahara, Yoruichi...
    It isn't just the shinigami who hold back - it appears to be a characteristic of all strong people.
    Stark for example - I am still not 100% that he went all out in his fight (nor Kyouraku for that matter...)

I feel that even with his recent upgrade, Kenpachi isn't as overpowering as some people feel he should/will be.
    All the fights we have seen him in seem to suit his fighting style - he hasn't fought anyone who hasn't tried to beat him in H2H for example.

Perhaps I am biased though... Mainly due to my disinterest in seeing Kenpachi fights. They are all the same - brutal slugging matches where Kenpachi gets cut up, but wins because his opponents are less good at it than him.
    Infinite RAGE!

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Firebird0ne's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zimbardo View Post
    Holding back in fights is a very Shinigami-esque characteristic...
    I mean, look at Aizen, Gin, Kyouraku, Urahara, Yoruichi...
    It isn't just the shinigami who hold back - it appears to be a characteristic of all strong people.
    Stark for example - I am still not 100% that he went all out in his fight (nor Kyouraku for that matter...)

I feel that even with his recent upgrade, Kenpachi isn't as overpowering as some people feel he should/will be.
    All the fights we have seen him in seem to suit his fighting style - he hasn't fought anyone who hasn't tried to beat him in H2H for example.

Perhaps I am biased though... Mainly due to my disinterest in seeing Kenpachi fights. They are all the same - brutal slugging matches where Kenpachi gets cut up, but wins because his opponents are less good at it than him.
    The catch that may trip him up is that now that he will fight at full strength, he won't have that reserve to fall back on if he gets cut up too badly. As much as he is powerful, there are others who have gained significant power too. And a relatively similarly powered foe who is more of a balanced fighter (meaning the person is good in more than just brute strength and reiatsu) could defeat him if Kenpachi doesn't evolve to also use more of a variety of abilities. Hack and slash will only take you so far. Luckily, he probably improved in sword technique through Unohana's training. He is still useless with kido and is only now gaining shikai. Although some want to think that he will 'blitz-learn' a la Ichigo, that isn't a given. He has a sword that wouldn't even speak to him for as long as he had it (save once when he fought Ichigo), and then it didn't even give it's name. I don't think the sword's spirit will make it that easy. Not saying that he won't be awesome, but he has some gaps to fill that people usually ignore and can't anymore because of the nature of the enemy.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Firebird0ne View Post
    The catch that may trip him up is that now that he will fight at full strength, he won't have that reserve to fall back on if he gets cut up too badly. As much as he is powerful, there are others who have gained significant power too. And a relatively similarly powered foe who is more of a balanced fighter (meaning the person is good in more than just brute strength and reiatsu) could defeat him if Kenpachi doesn't evolve to also use more of a variety of abilities. Hack and slash will only take you so far. Luckily, he probably improved in sword technique through Unohana's training. He is still useless with kido and is only now gaining shikai. Although some want to think that he will 'blitz-learn' a la Ichigo, that isn't a given. He has a sword that wouldn't even speak to him for as long as he had it (save once when he fought Ichigo), and then it didn't even give it's name. I don't think the sword's spirit will make it that easy. Not saying that he won't be awesome, but he has some gaps to fill that people usually ignore and can't anymore because of the nature of the enemy.
    I think it was talking to him alllll the time, but he didn't WANT to hear it. Because of his limiter. Didn't his sword say something like "You finally heard me, I'm your Zanpakuto" after Unohana was stabbed?

With his reiatus there wouldn't be much abilities that could hurt him. Everything is a game of reiatsu ~Aizen. With his reiatsu he'd have hard skin that can't be cut like against Ichigo. Normal arrows won't do shit, his speed and power should be enough to pwn any SR. Unless someone has some kind of games as his ability, he should win easily, as he did with last 3 SRs.

New Reply
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast