Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Correlation between the admirals and the monster trio?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Correlation between the admirals and the monster trio?

In my opinion, I think the monster trio will be fighting the 3 admiral..... im gonna go with kizaru and sanji as a guranteed.... anyone else agree? or disagree? I think it'll be like that and have the remaining strawhat fight the fleet admiral...

Remember how strongs admirals are, they were able to face whitebeard face to face and still not die.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Tango's Avatar
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Correlation between the admirals and the monster trio?

I doubt even Luffy is on par with any of the admirals right now. Maybe in 5 years when Strawhats become really comfortable in the New World, and beat Bug Mum or Beast Guy.
    Even then I just can't see it. Admirals Power is just too great, they might hold their own, like Raleygh was able to do. But I doubt they will ever be in a position to win solo duels. Luffy of course, unlike the other other two, will have very high chances in a few years vs. Akainu.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the day they can fight on par with admirals is not really THAT far ahead. Looking back at part 1 we saw considerable growth from all of them through the arcs. Well, by the real world standards they were not worth a damn by the end of the first part however they did still show they grew considerably stronger through the arcs. I daresay luffy from the beginning of the manga would not hold a candle to luffy from sanbody even without taking gears in consideration. We have seen sanji fighting roughly evenly with a VA even with a torn up body, zoro beating a fishman underwater and defeating hyozo, who blocked luffy's gear two punch, easily and the only enemy that ever gave luffy trouble so far was chinjao and underwater hodi... If they maintain their growth rate I think the 3 of them will be able to hold their ground against the very best some 3 or 4 arcs from now. Right now I do think an admiral would hand them their ass but given their growth rate I think its a matter of time. If this part of the manga lasts as much as the previous one then it would not be unreasonble for luffy to reach that level within a years time. He got to a point where a pacifista is fodder to him when he originally would not even defeat one on his own in two years, give him a year or 2 and he should reach the top. I don't think he will necessarily surpass the admirals however he should kinda catch up to them.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

1) Kizaru >>>> Sanji bc Sanji is tooooooo slow period.

2) It will take a very long long time before Luffy reaches the level of Garp and Sengoku DURING their primes.

High bounty doesn't mean anything at all if one fails to defend himself against any admiral.

Even gods could not be absolutely certain whether they existed at the most fundamental level of reality or were themselves simulated.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

id just really like to see the monster trio fight equal ranks... instead of always luffy vs strongest, zoro vs second, sanji third, and whos better than the strongest people there is in the main antagonist

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I think the day they can fight on par with admirals is not really THAT far ahead. Looking back at part 1 we saw considerable growth from all of them through the arcs. Well, by the real world standards they were not worth a damn by the end of the first part however they did still show they grew considerably stronger through the arcs. I daresay luffy from the beginning of the manga would not hold a candle to luffy from sanbody even without taking gears in consideration. We have seen sanji fighting roughly evenly with a VA even with a torn up body, zoro beating a fishman underwater and defeating hyozo, who blocked luffy's gear two punch, easily and the only enemy that ever gave luffy trouble so far was chinjao and underwater hodi...
    Although Luffy is now stronger after the 2 years of training, we have seen his limitations:
    • Luffy (with Gear 2) fought evenly with Jinbe.
    • Luffy was once defeated by Ceaser Clown.
    • Luffy had a hard time against an aged Chinjao.
    • Oda mentioned that Shanks' Haki could have knocked at least twice the number of peoplen as Luffy.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheLuffySmile's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Bullshit.
    • Luffy was barely serious with Jinbei, do you really think he would go full arnament gear 2nd on one of his best friends who saved his life? AND Jinbei has a bounty over 400 000 000, of course he is tough.
    • He was caught by surprise because Ceasar stole all the oxygen. Luffy was careless.
    • He didn't even use a gear against Chinjao until Luffy had to become serious and pummeled him almost instantly.
    • Shanks is one of the most powerful Yonko and has been a pirate for more than 20 years. And his Conquerors Haki is irrelevant in this discussion.
    The three brothers

New Reply