Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply

Thread: What do you think about these two pictures.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

What do you think about these two pictures.

May be this already been discussed somewhere else, however, I would like to bring it here for who not yet recognize.
    In Anime episode 1, first picture is during Eren’s dream before wakened by Mikasa and second picture is when Eren’s mom being eating by smiling Titan.

What do you think? How Eren could foresee the future?

PS. Oh, sorry if this is the wrong place to post this topic. I just see the word "Manga discussion"

Last edited by thanapon; October 02, 2013 at 11:59 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner eton's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What do you think about these two pictures.

It's certainly the same image. I checked the manga and this isn't part of his dream, so clearly they've taken the decision in the anime to underscore Eren's 'premonition' of the disaster. You know, I've been skeptical about the 'time travel' theory, but it's starting to look more and more like there are lots of small hints dropped that the breaching of the wall by the colossal titan & all the events subsequent to that are moments which Eren has already lived through once before.

I believe when the twist is finally revealed, it will be something to do with events repeating themselves, possibly the inhabitants of the human civilisation are trapped in an endless loop that keeps repeating until Eren makes a certain series of decisions. It's a bizarre plot, but these clues all point to something like that (Mikasa's hair being different lengths the first couple panels we see her, and Eren commenting on this; Eren's blocked memories about his mother being dead BEFORE the colossal titan breaches the wall; his father injecting him, BAR's cryptic 'mission' that is either to destroy mankind or to find 'the coordinate'--all difficult clues to string together into one concise theory)

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member teioh's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Anime license. I mean: nothing to do with the canon, simply they need to put some confusing image into Eren dreams to fit that scene. And they choose the same events you will see in that first episode.

That's all...

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Buuut you must agree there's something weird going on with the circumstances of Eren's mother's death? In the nightmare/flashback he gets Chp 3 Pg 21, Eren says to his father: "You've been acting weird ever since mom died!'

Clearly, he's witnessed his mother's death before the colossal titan kicks in the gate and triggers everything off.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

If you go back to the dream in the anime, there are other scenes as well. I can't link right now because I'm out but iirc there was a scene with dead survey corp members in a forest, a close up of *somebody* dying, and some other random things that we haven't seen like the toys and something that resembles a military outfit.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RagingSushi View Post
    If you go back to the dream in the anime, there are other scenes as well. I can't link right now because I'm out but iirc there was a scene with dead survey corp members in a forest, a close up of *somebody* dying, and some other random things that we haven't seen like the toys and something that resembles a military outfit.

Here is somebody dying. All of these during Eren's dream.

Last edited by thanapon; October 03, 2013 at 10:06 PM.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm the guy dying looks a bit like Marco?? That wouldn't make much sense though.

Whatever memories Eren can't access, clearly they're a huge trauma, and I suspect have to do with how he came to have his titan power--so, how he must have killed someone in the past, like Ymir did (and like BAR all most likely did).

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm totally with eton here. I'm not a big fan of the time travelling plot, but time travel or not, I find it very strange the same idea is suggested in manga and anime even though they use different scenes to portray the opening... As if they have chosen those scenes for that purpose alone. If you're a manga reader and up-to-date, you could check out the Time Leap thread for more details...

New Reply