Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Collective Reading of Kongou Banchou by SUZUKI Nakaba

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Collective Reading of Kongou Banchou by SUZUKI Nakaba

Quote Originally Posted by renders View Post
    I've read this months ago,it was okay for your typical shounen.Better than the likes of fairy tail
    Thanks for letting us your opinion. Also it's a good parody of Shounen. Akira can be seen as parody of Goku, his hair, his survival powers, his capability to destroy planets, the plain personality...

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    My impressions on the 4th volumes
    Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    I think it depends if you take the manga seriously or not. Kangou Banchoh is more a parody of shounen.
    I'm curious, how did ended the reading for you guys?

k-dom: nice sig!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ninja_Pirate's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for leaving in between (was off for my wedding ) .. Though I did complete the series before in 2-3 weeks… It was definitely a nice read… Initial impression of the manga was that it was too simpleton but later on the addition of Banchou from other states of japan was a nice twist..… I loved the designs of different Banchou … not only that the whole story was full of surprises ... All characters were so well connected ...

The story really went well, and I specially liked the ending which justified all the characters … The best I liked was Iai Banchou and Hikyou Banchou … But later even Nenbatsu Banchou showed so much devotion… I was amazed with the character development of each and every Banchou… It looked quite difficult for developing each and every ally of Kongou Banchou so deeply .. But the job was well done…

Though I already like Nanitsu no Taizai… but after reading the previous work of the authors, I really have high hopes for the series now…

Thanks for introducing such awesome series.. It was good light read I had… Looking forward to more of collective readings in future…

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Pirate View Post
    Sorry for leaving in between (was off for my wedding ) .. Though I did complete the series before in 2-3 weeks… It was definitely a nice read… Initial impression of the manga was that it was too simpleton but later on the addition of Banchou from other states of japan was a nice twist..… I loved the designs of different Banchou … not only that the whole story was full of surprises ... All characters were so well connected ...

The story really went well, and I specially liked the ending which justified all the characters … The best I liked was Iai Banchou and Hikyou Banchou … But later even Nenbatsu Banchou showed so much devotion… I was amazed with the character development of each and every Banchou… It looked quite difficult for developing each and every ally of Kongou Banchou so deeply .. But the job was well done…

Though I already like Nanitsu no Taizai… but after reading the previous work of the authors, I really have high hopes for the series now…

Thanks for introducing such awesome series.. It was good light read I had… Looking forward to more of collective readings in future…
    Congrats for your wedding and be happy!!!! I'm glad that you liked Kongou Banchou. I also enjoyed in some parts, others not that much but it was a nice reading overall. To me, one can wait more than Nanatsu.

Right now there are two collective readings ongoing: Pluto, by the great mangaka Naoki Urasawa and the famous Osuma Tezuka (this one is one volume per week, the story has 8 volumes and we are now in the fifth volume), and Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer by the not inferior Satoshi Misukami (this one is also one volume per week, it has 10 volumes and we go in volume 3). I'm sure you would like either of them, and you are very very welcome!!

Again, be happy!!

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4