Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore Alternative Translation and Clarification

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore Alternative Translation and Clarification

Could you translate it Utsune?

It looks like a batch of first volumes of popular manga that come out in Jump SQ but maybe it's soemthing more?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member serpico's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

From what I can make say they ar given for free the first volume the claymore blue exorcist an some others manga from QS

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Tweet:
    SQ Comics Vol.1 currently free availability** at JUMP BOOKSTORE!
    Claymore, Ao no Exorcist, Teiichi no Kuni, Libido Hunter Takeru, Hanimero, Tsunemori Akane, Lilim Kiss, Senjou Animation, Adashimono!
    Don't miss the chance!

Poster:
    [FREE] Free Volume 1 for 27 series!

For a limited period of time until May 1, Volume 1 of manga from JUMP SQ./JUMP SQ.19 will rotate once every two weeks (4 rotations in total.)

Volume 1 entirely Free Availability**! [** T/N: lit. download/delivery/provision etc. but in this context it's "availability" since they're only readable through their online reader client thingy majig.]

3rd Round >>> April 4 (Fri) ~ April 17 (Sat)
    Read them free here now!

P.S. The offer in question is HERE. Claymore is HERE.

4. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

While skimming through the observations thread I've noticed that this has remained unanswered:
    Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post

Rubel said that "the orphans from the CONTINENTS are divided and transported away". I know that plural form and singular form look the same in Japanese but I wonder whether kanji for an island and a continent are the same. If not that would be a real blunder on Rubel's/Yagi's part.
    It's chapter 50, page 15 or 16 (142 in volume 9).
    Last edited by Goral; April 14, 2014 at 01:30 PM.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    While skimming through the observations thread I've noticed that this has remained unanswered:

It's chapter 50, page 15 or 16 (142 in volume 9).

Btw I find this translation a bit out and deceiving. I'll try to clarify before I move on:

The idea "Boys are transported to the north, girls to the east" is fine.

"In this world" is actually referring to "Everyone," so it's saying "Everyone in this world knows that" / "the world knows that" rather than "The orphans in this world are transported..."

In this certain description, the Japanese specifically says "[orphans in] this continent," it's definitely singular here.

Anyways, the term here is "tairiku," which does mean continent. I'm not sure if he means continent the way some people perceive a continent to be. A continent is a huge landmass right down to it. Though I've always thought he's simply referring to "orphans in this land," now that you mention it, I think it is entirely possible (and likely) Rubel made a mistake with his choice of word (which hints at the existence of a world outside,) if this is the blunder you're referring to. (IMO If someone with no knowledge of the world outside says "tairiku," it would have been fine. But knowing Rubel is from the outside world, the usage of the term here most probably have other implications.)
    Last edited by Utsune; April 14, 2014 at 06:21 PM.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bayuga's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The Claymore land is a continent (this island mainland thing is simply BS)! And the people think, their continent is the only landmass in the world. So, if Rubel says "everyone in this world knows that", he means everyone on the claymore continent knows that. Rubel made not a mistake.

Many characters talked about a continent:

Helen in chapter 25, page 28.

Raki in chapter 31, page 16

Galatea in chapter 45, page 22

Cynthia in chapter 83, page 3

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah cool, thanks for the references, that really clears it up. I ranted on about it because I was under the impression that the word 'continent' had other implications (from experience with the term whether right or wrong), but if other characters use the same term as well then for all we care it's a mutually understood concept, which should be all that matters here. In that case please ignore the rant in my last post lol.

By the way, I think most of us here calls them 'mainland' and 'island' simply to differentiate what we're referring to. Even though we call it 'an island' (which doesn't sound big or imposing at all) we have estimated that this 'island' is at least half the size of Australia, which is massive to say the least.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bayuga's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Utsune View Post
    By the way, I think most of us here calls them 'mainland' and 'island' simply to differentiate what we're referring to. Even though we call it 'an island' (which doesn't sound big or imposing at all) we have estimated that this 'island' is at least half the size of Australia, which is massive to say the least.
    Yes, that's understandable. The problem is, we don't know the names of the continents. Claymoria and Draconis would be cool.

The Claymore continent and the War continent are different continents. But island and mainland sounds like England and Europe for me. That's the reason, why I don't like these words. And a island has of course not such different climatic zones with snow and ice, deserts etc.
    Yes, the Claymore continent is a land mass, completely surrounded by water. Maybe this is the reason, why Rubel called the land an island in chapter 143. But Australia and Antarctica are also completely surrounded by water, and both are continents.

Last edited by Bayuga; April 15, 2014 at 01:00 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member littleangel's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Can I ask what is the meaning of when Rosemary said to Teresa: "You who stole N.1 from me more than anything else"? The "more than anything else" thingy is something that I never understood exactly as it feels like it could have multiple meanings.. (or maybe because my English is not that good so I feel like it could have another meaning).

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/24040/c...1_by_10sigh/19

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member serpico's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe it a error translation instead of more than anything else as (more than anyone else)
    after all (anything else) make not sense on their conversation

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by littleangel View Post
    Can I ask what is the meaning of when Rosemary said to Teresa: "You who stole N.1 from me more than anything else"? The "more than anything else" thingy is something that I never understood exactly as it feels like it could have multiple meanings.. (or maybe because my English is not that good so I feel like it could have another meaning).

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/24040/c...1_by_10sigh/19
    The "more than anything else" is either referring to "I cannot forgive you" (in the previous speech bubble of the same panel) or "I want to kill you" (on the next page.) Other similar phrases include "of all things," "more than anything else," "above all" etc. You get the idea. It's simply a figure of speech, though you could argue that Rosemary implies she has a number of other things she dislikes, with Teresa being what she hates the most.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member littleangel's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Utsune That makes more sense now.. As normally each bubble is separated in content from other bubbles so I got confused..

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm hoping someone is willing to clarify this detail. At mangareaders On page 29 chapter 149 it says, in the form of commentary from the writer "The body to inherit it all, is this charming soldier" refering to the emergence of Theresa. What interests me is the definitive sound of this sentence, as if we can expect Clare to not be returning. At least thats what is insinuated in the translation. Can someone please compare the kanji and see if that either denounces or reinforces this idea?

Mangafox translations isn't very strong either. Doesn't insinuate so much that Clare is gone for good as the other one though. Pretty much suggests Clare being the one to inherit as opposed to Theresa's body doing the inheriting. I think its safe to say Clare will be returning safe and sound in the end. Would have been one hell of a plot-twist, ending up with Theresa.

Thnx in advance
    Last edited by faceoff855; April 22, 2014 at 01:08 PM.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faceoff855 View Post
    I'm hoping someone is willing to clarify this detail. At mangareaders On page 29 chapter 149 it says, in the form of commentary from the writer "The body to inherit it all, is this charming soldier" refering to the emergence of Theresa. What interests me is the definitive sound of this sentence, as if we can expect Clare to not be returning. At least thats what is insinuated in the translation. Can someone please compare the kanji and see if that either denounces or reinforces this idea?

Mangafox translations isn't very strong either. Doesn't insinuate so much that Clare is gone for good as the other one though. Pretty much suggests Clare being the one to inherit as opposed to Theresa's body doing the inheriting. I think its safe to say Clare will be returning safe and sound in the end. Would have been one hell of a plot-twist, ending up with Theresa.

Thnx in advance
    Sorry for the late reply. I was unsure of the translation myself and had to ask in the Translators' Academy part of the forum.

The original phrase is:
    受け継ぎし血肉は、
    微笑の戦士   

Courtesy of mikkih's insight, the general meaning of the phrase should be:
    "The flesh inherited is
    the Warrior of Faint Smile"

i.e. This commentary is merely stating the owner of the inherited flesh, rather than suggesting the flesh is taking over. Hope this answers your query.

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Number A's Avatar
    Country
    Dragonstone
    Post Thanks / Like

Utsune-chaaaaan~!

Chasity isn't virginity. Can you hit up the raws and tell us all which Yagi meant~? I don't think I need to provide a scene citation for this one

New Reply
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast