Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
Results 106 to 119 of 119

Thread: The Breaker : New Waves 132 Discussion

  1. #106
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    198
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Breaker : New Waves 132 Discussion / 133 Predictions

    Took the words right out of my mouth blanche. These are my exact feelings as well. This exchange is about nothing but respect. Both hyuk and ha-il and murim at large simply lack this toward shioon. Shioon doesn't mean to come of as arrogant when he displays his new found strength. No offense but murim culture simply doesn't entertain weaklings. Shioon knows this. Its okay to be nice but nice alone just doesn't cut it. Murim listens only to 'strong'. In order to connect to his own underlings like ha-il (who grossly disrespects him) and to influencial murim people (whose disrespectful sentiments hyuk represents) shioon has to show strength.

    Shioon had to pick this fight guys. He has to show murim power so that they can deal with him on equal standing. Hyuk's the guy for the job because of the respect and admiration he commands in murim and his history with shioon.
    Last edited by blaise; October 12, 2013 at 08:46 PM.

  2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #107
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    116
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Breaker : New Waves 132 Discussion / 133 Predictions

    I understand why people think Shioon is digging the Sunwoo clan in a bigger hole by fighting Hyuk but I agree with Blanche that is trying to get Hyuk acknowledgment once again not revenge.
    Also in response to Blaise I also agree because of Hyuk influence people will start to acknowledge the Sunwoo clan and maybe even see them in a new light since they didn't outright kill Hyuk since he is a figurehead in the M.A.A. and Heavenly Way School which have been "sworn" enemies of the Sunwoo clan.
    Last edited by EmpireRogue; October 12, 2013 at 09:46 PM.

  4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  5. #108
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Google it
    Country
    Philippines
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,826
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Breaker : New Waves 132 Discussion / 133 Predictions

    well there are a lot of clans that is already in Sunwoo's aid

    Milyang , One Moon but i think all of then doesn't have a fighting capability but more that logistics support

    but what i really don't like is Smug Face using it to save face on what happen between him and Shioon because if Hyuk accepted to be friends with Sunwoo Shioon can't get revenge on Smug Face because it will break the friendship of the 2 clans

    and also what if this happen already?

    what if Elder Kwon and the former Gaju accepted a truce between Chundomoon and got ambushed insted ? i think this will happen if Hyuk accepted a truce between Sunwoo maybe Smug Face and Mustache butler will use it as their advantage

    OMG TWO VILEPLUME

    100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

  6. #109
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member mup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    302
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Breaker : New Waves 132 Discussion / 133 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by kidopitz27 View Post
    well there are a lot of clans that is already in Sunwoo's aid

    Milyang , One Moon but i think all of then doesn't have a fighting capability but more that logistics support

    but what i really don't like is Smug Face using it to save face on what happen between him and Shioon because if Hyuk accepted to be friends with Sunwoo Shioon can't get revenge on Smug Face because it will break the friendship of the 2 clans

    and also what if this happen already?

    what if Elder Kwon and the former Gaju accepted a truce between Chundomoon and got ambushed insted ? i think this will happen if Hyuk accepted a truce between Sunwoo maybe Smug Face and Mustache butler will use it as their advantage

    Shioon can't declare war on chundomoon but he can give Hyuk some incite on the
    corrupt members of his clan (smug face & mustache) it would be Hyuk mission to fix his clan

    so in a way Hyuk can be an ally to shioon (Sunwoo clan) vs SUC

  7. #110
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member yonjuushichi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Shi-Ho Lee's bed
    Country
    Wales
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    372
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Breaker : New Waves 132 Spoiler Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bighawke5 View Post

    Hyuk is not involved with SUC, it's his uncle aka smug face who is along with their elder who has slick black hair. Plus Shion has no idea smug face is related to hyuk so he won't even make that connection.
    I guess he already made a connection between S.U.C. and Chundomoon

    http://www.mangareader.net/the-breaker-new-waves/64/12
    Spoiler show

  8. #111
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Google it
    Country
    Philippines
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,826
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Breaker : New Waves 132 Spoiler Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by yonjuushichi View Post
    I guess he already made a connection between S.U.C. and Chundomoon

    http://www.mangareader.net/the-breaker-new-waves/64/12
    he knows that Chundomoon is backing SUC up but he didn't know who in Chundomoon because the only guy he know about Chundomoon is Hyuk and when he got hostaged by Smug Face he didn't know that he was from Chundomoon but Smug Face said that they are from MMA so Shioon can't make a connection yet

    but what i really want to see is this

    Hyuk lost the fight or a draw and Shioon asked him to look who the SUC are because Elder Kwon said that he fought with one using a high level Chundomoon tech

    and then Hyuk agree to help Sunwoo enter MMA like as a member of MMA council and there Shioon will meet and surprise Smug Face and maybe Shioon will be arrogant like and tell the whole council that Smug Face tries to kill him before because he attack Sunwoo Clan HQ

    OMG TWO VILEPLUME

    100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

  9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  10. #112
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bighawke5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    USA
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,370
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Breaker : New Waves 132 Spoiler Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by yonjuushichi View Post
    I guess he already made a connection between S.U.C. and Chundomoon

    http://www.mangareader.net/the-breaker-new-waves/64/12
    what Kid above me said

    he may know that SUC is connected to Heavenly way school, but he didn't even know who smug face was or who he was related to since the only person Shioon know from that school is Hyuk.

    Now he can't just blame Hyuk since that would be prejudice, hence my point that he has not connected Hyuk with SUC yet to even get angry about it to fuel his determination.

    Hyuk with his super sheltered life will be ignorant until Shioon fights smug face in front of him and maybe then it'll be revealed to him what has been happening...

    It's kind of funny when you think about it, the sheltered-bubble life that Hyuk has is something Sunwho elders were planning for Shioon(until he de-iced their hearts), basically to treat him like a caged bird.
    Last edited by bighawke5; October 13, 2013 at 01:10 PM.

  11. #113
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    198
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Breaker : New Waves 132 Discussion / 133 Predictions

    I think that the way elder kwon easily recognized chundomoon school techniques from jegal is the very same way shioon will recognize smug face as chundomoon if/when they fight again. Maybe this is another reason for this fight between him and hyuk. So that when he fights smugface later he will recognize chundomoon techniques.

    Once all's said and done and hyuk finally respects shioon as an equal, it'll be easy for shioon to approach him later discreetly and expose smug face and jegal as a corrupt faction of chundomoon. Then they can plan and act together confidently since each one of them can vouch for the other's integrity. Similarly, shioon and/or hyuk can have a face to face with MMA's kangsung and expose smug face.

    I think I said this before but one of shioon's greatest assets in this fight with suc is the fact that he makes a powerful impression on people who'll later be very useful to him. The best case I can think of is Kangsung. Smug face's attempts to discredit shioon before MMA fell flat because of the impression kangsung has of shioon. The same thing will happen when smugface tries to discredit shioon before hyuk. But first shioon needs to put the fear of God in hyuk while at the same time convince him that power never corrupts him.

  12. #114
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Country
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    258
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Breaker : New Waves 132 Discussion / 133 Predictions

    Hopefully, next week we'll see something much better. But I must say it was disappointing to see that Shioon couldn't even react to Hyuk's punch.

    Anyway, I do think that Shioon's fight against Hyuk wasn't something calculated and well-thought by Shioon. Because;

    1. He'll definitely leave an impression on Hyuk but Shioon will not be able to defeat him in a fair fight (at least not yet).

    2. For all he knows, Hyuk is backing SUC so why face him so early and reveal that he has recovered his Ki center? He took the element of surprise out of the question in a future fight against SUC.

    3. Elders wanted to keep Shioon under wraps until they decide who to trust with the whole body rebirth situation. On the other hand, Hyuk is sharp enough to see that Shioon's presence changed significantly. So, why risk another showdown of Alliance vs Sunwoo by possibly leaking his current physical situation?

    All in all, what does Shioon really expect from this duel? I he loses, he reveals his current condition to a potential enemy and he could even experience humiliation in his home turf. I he wins only after couple of days worth of meditation, then there will be no one else in the world to stand up to him after meditating a week or so. Then the rest of the story simply becomes meaningless. Furthermore, Ha ill and Jinie would want to keep this duel secret and Hyuk wouldn't go around and say Shioon handed his *ss over to him even if he lost. So, even if Shioon wins this duel, it doesn't increase his murim-cred since there is no third-party audience.

    In summary, the only logical explanation for this duel would be Shioon's eagerness to test his new body. But why not do it against a Sunwoo retainer like Ha ill, Gyi Bum, Elder Kwon etc first? And if he really wanted to fight Hyuk, he could send him a message to meet up in a week or so.
    Last edited by braveheart655; October 13, 2013 at 04:58 PM.

  13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  14. #115
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner AshCandyPop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Country
    Philippines
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    40
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Breaker : New Waves 132 Discussion / 133 Predictions

    Compared to what you guys come up with, my guess is very simple. I think Shioon only wants to test himself out and give Hyuk a proper fight while getting the proper respect he and his opponent deserve. For some reason I get this impression that it is disrespectful in Murim to not give your all on a proper duel between equals.

  15. #116
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Google it
    Country
    Philippines
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,826
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Breaker : New Waves 132 Spoiler Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kidopitz27 View Post
    he knows that Chundomoon is backing SUC up but he didn't know who in Chundomoon because the only guy he know about Chundomoon is Hyuk and when he got hostaged by Smug Face he didn't know that he was from Chundomoon but Smug Face said that they are from MMA so Shioon can't make a connection yet

    but what i really want to see is this

    Hyuk lost the fight or a draw and Shioon asked him to look who the SUC are because Elder Kwon said that he fought with one using a high level Chundomoon tech

    and then Hyuk agree to help Sunwoo enter MMA like as a member of MMA council and there Shioon will meet and surprise Smug Face and maybe Shioon will be arrogant like and tell the whole council that Smug Face tries to kill him before because he attack Sunwoo Clan HQ
    also gonna add the even Elder Kwon doesn't know who Smug Face is at the time he order the attack on MMA and it is also weird that those who accompany Smug Face didn't even tell Kang-Sung what happen in Sunwoo HQ i mean they saw that Smug Face tries to kill the Sunwoo Gaju and also tries to spar with an Elder and got pawned and telling Kang-Sung that he was treated badly

    also in the next few chapters i think that this fight was also planned by Sera and Shioon i think after the fight Shioon and Hyuk will talk about SUC or even Shioon , Hyuk, Sunwoo Elders , Gyu-Bum will have a meeting about SUC and Elder Kwon will tell that one of SUC members is using a highlevel Chundomoon tech and maybe Gyu-Bum will give some photos of the Captains of SUC to Hyuk and notice Cool Guy (spinning dragon tech looks like the tech used by Jegal aka mustache butler)

    and Hyuk will make a connection why he was called in Sunwoo HQ for Shioon to confirm if he is also from SUC which is not or is it?

    OMG TWO VILEPLUME

    100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

  16. #117
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Country
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    258
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Breaker : New Waves 132 Discussion / 133 Predictions

    @AshCandyPop

    I wouldn't actually call this duel 'proper'. Shioon, chose and imposed his home turf for the fight. I believe that's partially why Hyuk was disappointed. He thought maybe Shioon was trying to get the upper hand and pressure him by fighting at Sunwoo HQ. In other words, he thinks Shioon is now relying on his status and influence as the Gaju rather than his own spirit. So, even before the fight started, Shioon lost some respect in Hyuk's eyes.

    I don't think this fight was about respect at all, especially from the author's point of view. Hyuk is probably the one that respects Shioon most in the entire murim. He already regards Shioon as 'superhuman' based on the spirit. Furthermore, I don't think the author is giving much thought to respect Shioon receives. Even Ha ill, who was KO'd by Shioon and witnessed so many instances of his pride as Sunwoo Gaju, still calls him a brat. So, I wonder if Shioon could win Ha ill's respect even if he defeats Hyuk.

    By the way, I don't think Sera have ulterior motives for this fight either. She didn't even know the history between Hyuk and Shioon. So I don't think she would gamble on Shioon's life based on nothing.
    Last edited by braveheart655; October 14, 2013 at 01:36 AM.

  17. #118
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member [ki{kk}o]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    76
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Breaker : New Waves 132 Discussion / 133 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by braveheart655 View Post
    @AshCandyPop

    I wouldn't actually call this duel 'proper'. Shioon, chose and imposed his home turf for the fight. I believe that's partially why Hyuk was disappointed. He thought maybe Shioon was trying to get the upper hand and pressure him by fighting at Sunwoo HQ. In other words, he thinks Shioon is now relying on his status and influence as the Gaju rather than his own spirit. So, even before the fight started, Shioon lost some respect in Hyuk's eyes.

    I don't think this fight was about respect at all, especially from the author's point of view. Hyuk is probably the one that respects Shioon most in the entire murim. He already regards Shioon as 'superhuman' based on the spirit. Furthermore, I don't think the author is giving much thought to respect Shioon receives. Even Ha ill, who was KO'd by Shioon and witnessed so many instances of his pride as Sunwoo Gaju, still calls him a brat. So, I wonder if Shioon could win Ha ill's respect even if he defeats Hyuk.

    By the way, I don't think Sera have ulterior motives for this fight either. She didn't even know the history between Hyuk and Shioon. So I don't think she would gamble on Shioon's life based on nothing.
    I agreed, but you forgot that ha ill wasn't in the island and he saw nothing from lone wolf's duel since he was oneshotted right after his opponent... maybe this fight will not end up being effective as it was the island's fight, but it'll show ha-ill that shioon isn't a puppet to be protected, but a rightful gaju to be helped.

  18. #119
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Iseemtobelost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Country
    Kenya
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    49
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Breaker : New Waves 132 Discussion / 133 Predictions

    here is all i see...taking into consideration that hyuk will gain respect for shioon n they becames better pals.

    the final suc match up's will be:

    1. hyuk (assistant head) vs smug face (leader of suc, leader of heaven way)
    2. shioon (gaju of sunwoo) vs lone wolf (disciple of unwo (suc captain)l)
    3. jinie vs 1000 faces (whip chic (suc captain))
    4. ga hil vs blood staing (suc captain)
    5. smilling blade vs goth chic (suc captain)

    then the epic battle will be tag team :

    hyuk and shioon vs 9@D (sparring)

    One Step Closer

New Reply
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts