Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2) , Gintama 511 by kewl0210
New Reply

Thread: Why did Olivia stay on the island?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member khaja_200923's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Why did Olivia stay on the island?

I was watching the series again like 12th or 13th time then it struck me, why did olivia stayed on the island instead of escaping with Saulo and Robin, she said she had to do something before escaping. what could that be? it's definitely something regarding the Void History she learned during her travels that's for sure but what could that be? more importantly did she hide something like clues to her research on the island?
    https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-ESa1mK9qEH4/Tqc81G0QU-I/AAAAAAAAAAg/JKUClDfeZNk/w550-h478-no/kyuubisagechakramode+by+khaja_200923.JPG

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why did Olivia stay on the island?

She could either still be alive or did something in hopes that Robin might come back and find her research or something.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner alhatmy's Avatar
    Country
    United Arab Emirates
    Post Thanks / Like

nice topic .. !

nice to watch one piece again for this much, even though I watched it more than 30 times over those years ..

hmm, I guess !!

1- She must went to the "Tree of Knowledge" as there might be some hidden room as she kept (some of her memories with Robin there/facts of the World government for the future)
    2- Left the island & she is still alive/got a devil fruit (don't think so)
    3- Couldn't leave her island as she felt guilty, her team & her was the reason of those attacks (she preferred to die)

Overall, can't still believe the "Tree of Knowledge" would possibility to fall !! after all it looks the same as "Treasure Tree Adam" !!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by khaja_200923 View Post
    I was watching the series again like 12th or 13th time then it struck me, why did olivia stayed on the island instead of escaping with Saulo and Robin, she said she had to do something before escaping. what could that be? it's definitely something regarding the Void History she learned during her travels that's for sure but what could that be? more importantly did she hide something like clues to her research on the island?
    http://www.mangareader.net/103-2504-...apter-397.html

I don't think it has any deeper meaning than this. It was their responsability to try to preserve as much material as they can. It's the only thing they could do before they die. Maybe there was more, but I don't see Robin returning to Ohara any time soon to see if her mother left a secret message.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Country
    United Arab Emirates
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    http://www.mangareader.net/103-2504-...apter-397.html

I don't think it has any deeper meaning than this. It was their responsability to try to preserve as much material as they can. It's the only thing they could do before they die. Maybe there was more, but I don't see Robin returning to Ohara any time soon to see if her mother left a secret message.
    well, we are sure now that ODA are using the smallest things to start a new story !

Dwarfs, Sky Island, Jembe, Mermaids princes, Shanks lost hand, Sabu, ...................... alot !
    I'm sure there are many missing parts, otherwise it's not One Piece

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member alisdfd's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

good topic i think she is alive. I think Olivia , Dragon and Sabo are going to reunite with Luffy and robin in the future. it will very emotional for them and for us

Country
    United Arab Emirates
    Post Thanks / Like

Note: as we all know, No one Dies in One Piece EXCEPT when Oda says it clearly !!
    1- more than 100 years = died
    2- shows the person death

except for those 2 conditions I can't say if any person is alive/died in one piece, the same goes for Tom/Woter 7 - CP9 - Enel - ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

she might be alive working alone/not with Dragon Bcz Robin worked with Dragon during the 2 years time skip ... isn't she ?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If she is alive that just raises more questions like how did she escape? where is she now? what was she doing? how much did she accomplish? she could also be secretly working for dragon because the revolutionaries at the tequila wolf said they were searching for the Robin the only survivor of the Ohara.
    It would be awesome if she is indeed alive.

I just had a ridiculous thought, what if Dragon somehow managed to save some Oharans including Olivia more or less the same way he saved the people at Grey Terminal from fire.
    https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-ESa1mK9qEH4/Tqc81G0QU-I/AAAAAAAAAAg/JKUClDfeZNk/w550-h478-no/kyuubisagechakramode+by+khaja_200923.JPG

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think people from Ohara are as dead as they can be. Aside from the fact that no hints about their survival appeared, 20 years is along time for a mother to not contact her daughter. Especially a daughter with 80 million berry bounty.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think people from Ohara are as dead as they can be. Aside from the fact that no hints about their survival appeared, 20 years is along time for a mother to not contact her daughter. Especially a daughter with 80 million berry bounty.
    not like she was in contact with robin to begin with. she already left her behind for 5 years to search the pone glyphs. If she is alive she must be hiding from the world and wouldn't risk blowing her cover just to meet her daughter.
    Everyone can agree that she is not exactly ideal mother, she accepted that she's robin's mother only after Robin said she can read Poneglyphs.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by khaja_200923 View Post
    Everyone can agree that she is not exactly ideal mother, she accepted that she's robin's mother only after Robin said she can read Poneglyphs.
    The fuck? She was pretending not to know her so that Spandine wouldn't go after her...

As I said, it has been way too long. Chances are, she's dead, just like anyone else on Ohara. Marines searched the island afterwards. Only thing they found was pond full of books. Which Olivia and other scollars wanted to preserve by staying. But yeah, One Piece. Always some possibility of survival.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kulugo's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

you'd be surprised by how some parents neglect their child cause of work / other stuff. just take a look at Gandhi.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zeta42's Avatar
    Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

If we've brought up Ohara and Olvia, did Robin actually get the chance to read the Poneglyph there? Because if not, it's an absolute must for her to return and read it to get the full picture of whatever puzzle she's trying to solve.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't see why not. She learned how to read them, and that one was just standing there. She has seen at least one more Poneglyph while growing up, and who knows how many others. It's also possible she found some or was shown some during 2 year skip, with Revolutionaries. More than likely, actually. Revolutionaries said they were looking for her. It probably wasn't because she's cute. She's infamous only for one thing.

I'm sure some day we'll find out about everything she has read so far.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

New Reply