Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Shingeki no Kyojin 51 Discussion / 52 Predictions

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member BobobVanBlob's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin 51 Discussion / 52 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Drakrami View Post
    So... you are unable close your mouth (with your lips) without clenching your teeth??

Maybe you are not human yourself.
    Quick Drakrami, grab my 3DMG...

Titaaaaan killing !

More seriously, it looks like she took Historia in her mouth without biting her.

And even more in the subject, this chapter was really a nice break in the story. At least this month I'm not like : "Okay and now what ? GIVE ME MORE !"

Wait a minute... A break ? In Shingeki no Kyojin ? Something will go horribly wrong...
    WAHAHA~ My anime list - - tsil agnam yM ~AHAHAW

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hollowdemon's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm quite unfamiliar with the new chapter time frame, what's the duration until the next one is released usually?

*The sad story behind the smile of the mask....*

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

The store sell date for Bessatsu Shounen magazine is the 9th of each month, BUT people with subscriptions (including scanlators) will tend to get the mag in the mail a few days before that, and the Chinese translation seems to regularly be leaked out a day or two before that. So early English translations from half a week before the store sale date are usually translated from the Chinese version; if they comes out a day or two before the sale date, they're probably based on the original Japanese version.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Balearic Islands
    Post Thanks / Like

I have another theory why Erwin had that weird smile after learning that Titans are human-transformed: hes a very smart man.

You know throughout the plot, Titans were the human's natural predator; humans were underpowered tremendously.

Therefore, if it is confirmed that Titans are human-transformed, first of all it will mean there is a way to stop the Titans: you just stop the transformation from happening. This is a light of hope. As opposed to before, where 1) You didn't know where the Titans came from 2) You didn't know how the Titans reproduced (they seem to be just everywhere). To someone like Erwin, who has faced the unknown and powerful Titans for so long, to finally know how the Titans are made, this indeed justifies that weirdass smile. Furthermore, if you find out how humans are transformed into Titans, stop the transformation from happening. It would mean that the Titan numbers will stop increasing. And then all they have to do is to slowly kill all the Titans off the face of the Earth and humans will once again prevail over the planet. It is victory for mankind.

Furthermore, if we add up the facts that 1) Regular Titans are human transformed. and 2) There are self-conscious human transformed Titans like Eren and etc... It strongly implies that the Titan transformation is masterminded, by humans. If this is true, then it means instead of facing the overpowering Titans, all Erwin has to do is to discover this mastermind, fight/capture/or kill it and the Titan problem will be much easier to deal with then the current situation.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

The issue here is that titans don't really seem to age at all. Ymir was an uncontrollable titan for 60 years and she looks like a teenager. So the issue is not necessarily new titans popping up but rather the fact that the vast mayority of the human population was at some point turned into unaging titans. Basically, every titan that was turned 100 years ago still roams the last, except for the few that would have been slain by whoever out there capable of slaying titans.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Hectorpops's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Eh, Titans = failed immortality experiment?
    If Dumbass type Titans are the result of fully absorbing the humans spinal cord, brain and all, than the injection Grisha gave Eren may be have given him antibodies that prevent Titan meat from absorbing his brain. This doesn't explain why he needs to bite himself though. The injection may not be it though, because there's no way people like Annie could have gotten the injection. All we know is the difference between nut job titans and shifters not why.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ArmoredTitan's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/shing...n/c001/17.html

anyone details who this guys is?
    He seems to be the "Levi Guy" or the best in combat at that time as seen in the 1st chapter. I thought he was the guy from the Before The Fall but they don't look alike
    return home to village? ME GUSTA

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ArmoredTitan View Post
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/shing...n/c001/17.html

anyone details who this guys is?
    He seems to be the "Levi Guy" or the best in combat at that time as seen in the 1st chapter. I thought he was the guy from the Before The Fall but they don't look alike
    Before the Fall took place about 80 years prior. I think this guy is the one the anime calls "Moses," meaning he's dead.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member badluckartist's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hectorpops View Post
    Eh, Titans = failed immortality experiment?
    If Dumbass type Titans are the result of fully absorbing the humans spinal cord, brain and all, than the injection Grisha gave Eren may be have given him antibodies that prevent Titan meat from absorbing his brain. This doesn't explain why he needs to bite himself though. The injection may not be it though, because there's no way people like Annie could have gotten the injection. All we know is the difference between nut job titans and shifters not why.
    The self-harm trigger and absolute need to have a clear goal before shifting means to me that titanification wasn't just a means to find immortality, it was a means to create some sort of perfect soldier. Or "warrior".

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Hectorpops's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Pastor Nick doesnt want people to find out about wall titans because, MAYBE Titans have made Humans settle in ONE area, which means all taxes and stuff like that go to the "King"
    Theory 2.0: Maybe Titans eat humans, in an attempt to re-fuse the brain into their system to become human again
    This may be why Ymir "stole" her shifting power, as she ate another shifter

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

It has to be more complex than that. Pastor nick was willing to give up his life to protect the secrets of the wall from the SL. Whatever it is Pastor nick is protecting is as far as he is concerned more important than his own life. It is something he is willing to sacrifice everything for. The only scenario in which things are so simple is that the king or something else is being worshipped like a god however even in that scenario the suggested scenarios are weird.

I also doubt the theory of ymir eating a shifter. Are you suggesting ymir ate a person while being a person herself? Its a very weird scenario lol.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post

I also doubt the theory of ymir eating a shifter. Are you suggesting ymir ate a person while being a person herself? Its a very weird scenario lol.
    I think it's meant more like:
    Ymir was a full titan herself having become the way she is now by eating a shifter.

I mean, apparently Titans are attracted to Shifters by nature.Best example is Eren getting ganged up upon by numerous Titans in Trost when normally Titans don't go after their own kind.

Besides, it certainly sounds plausible Berik (Or whatever it was) was a Shifter considering that his "Brothers" were Reiner and Bertholdt.
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Dragonstone
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    I think it's meant more like:
    Ymir was a full titan herself having become the way she is now by eating a shifter.

I mean, apparently Titans are attracted to Shifters by nature.Best example is Eren getting ganged up upon by numerous Titans in Trost when normally Titans don't go after their own kind.

Besides, it certainly sounds plausible Berik (Or whatever it was) was a Shifter considering that his "Brothers" were Reiner and Bertholdt.
    Allot of people do seem to believe that eating a shifter will turn a titan into a shifter but I have another theory....

I think that titans simply have to eat a certain amount of people to become a shifter not eat a shifter. I don't believe Berik was a shifter at the time, nor was Reiner or Bert, if they were they would have just shifted and killed Ymir. I think shifters obtain their powers through the titan serum and I think theres two types of serum one which will turn a person into a warrior titan which are the skinless ones that are designed specifically for combat.
    The other is for the coordinate type titan which is based on the ape type titan and also has a feral like appearance. I think the formula Ymir stole was the prototype for the coordinate type titan hence why she ended up being mindless till she ate berik, however that one titan that went around calling that girl "Ymir-sama" indicates she has some limited control over titans.
    I believe the serum that Eren was injected with was the perfected form of the coordinate type titan, I believe the warrior homeland was working on this and Ymir stole it from them, and somehow Grisha acquired it and perfected it. Erens titan form is also feral in appearance and also incredibly strong, not to mention when he finally used his coordinate ability he had absolute command over the titans when he used it, even the ape titan couldn't do that since that one titan wasn't really listening to him and kept chomping on Mike. And I also believe that the reason the titans kept being so aggressive toward Eren in Trost was because he was subconsciously activating his coordinate ability since he kept saying that he wanted to kill more titans and was just rampaging looking for more titans I believe he was commanding the titans to come to him and fight him.
    ANother reason I think regular titans can become shifter after eating a certain amount of humans is because of SnK: Before the Fall
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by kannazuki; November 13, 2013 at 05:21 PM.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    yeah,because this happened before they "graduated" along with eren from the academy....right?........

wonder just how long ago that event happened....5/10/20/50 yrs..........

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MajiinX View Post
    Allot of people do seem to believe that eating a shifter will turn a titan into a shifter but I have another theory....

I think that titans simply have to eat a certain amount of people to become a shifter not eat a shifter. I don't believe Berik was a shifter at the time, nor was Reiner or Bert, if they were they would have just shifted and killed Ymir. I think shifters obtain their powers through the titan serum and I think theres two types of serum one which will turn a person into a warrior titan which are the skinless ones that are designed specifically for combat.
    The other is for the coordinate type titan which is based on the ape type titan and also has a feral like appearance. I think the formula Ymir stole was the prototype for the coordinate type titan hence why she ended up being mindless till she ate berik, however that one titan that went around calling that girl "Ymir-sama" indicates she has some limited control over titans.
    I believe the serum that Eren was injected with was the perfected form of the coordinate type titan, I believe the warrior homeland was working on this and Ymir stole it from them, and somehow Grisha acquired it and perfected it. Erens titan form is also feral in appearance and also incredibly strong, not to mention when he finally used his coordinate ability he had absolute command over the titans when he used it, even the ape titan couldn't do that since that one titan wasn't really listening to him and kept chomping on Mike.
    ANother reason I think regular titans can become shifter after eating a certain amount of humans is because of SnK: Before the Fall
    Spoiler show
    you ninja-ed me.....good theory
    Last edited by kannazuki; November 13, 2013 at 05:21 PM.

"While many can pursue their dreams in solitude, other dreams are like great storms blowing hundreds, even thousands of dreams apart in their wake. Dreams breathe life into men and can cage them in suffering. Men live and die by their dreams. But long after they have been abandoned they still smolder deep in men's hearts. Some see nothing more than life and death. They are dead, for they have no dreams."

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner quoux's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I think it's very rare that you become human after eating a lot if humans. I think most titans fuse their hosts to their bodies, and then go in being mindless. Not to mention; we still don't know how to become a Titan (mindless) which means it could be that after being thrown up, you turn. We've been seeing lots of look alikes from dead people; until it's confirmed that dead people CANT turn, I maintain that dead people CAN turn, as long as the brain and spinal cord are intact. Notice most titans eat humans upper bodies first.

Also my theory on Reiner and Burt and Ymir etc; they were from the other human ships on their way to the new world that vanished. I think those people learned the secrets about titans and everything, and formed the warrior village. I think Ymir May have been a leader kind of person, and therefore titans who know her previously still react to her; or maybe, her faction learned to control titans or something whilst still being human.

Thread Closed
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast