Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Outbreak Company

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Outbreak Company

Outbreak Company

Episodes: ?
    Aired: Oct 4, 2013 to ?
    Producers: Feel, Pony Canyon
    Genres: Fantasy

Synopsis
    Having a light novel author father and an eroge illustrator mother, Kanou Shinichi is a thoroughbred otaku. However he does not have any special power except for his broad knowledge, sharp insight, and impeccable instinct about "MOE" and its products, from manga to anime to games to light novel to figures. One day he found himself transported to a fantasy world where elves live and dragons fly. And he is given a task—not to fight monster or embark on a quest, but to enhance cultural exchange by becoming a "moe missionary" in this fantasy world! He meets a palace guard who has a bit of fujoshi taste, a half-elf maid, and the empress who is a little girl. He comes up with the idea of building a school. At first it runs as a comedy but later there are serious matters that Shinichi needs to face: ethnic discrimination, social problems, conflict with neighboring countries, sabotage by opposition elements including Japanese government, etc. Can he overcome the obstacles, successfully bring "moe" culture to the fantasy world, and help the people there as well?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Outbreak Company

Episode 1:

This guy is living the dream... Where can I get that job? An ultra cute half-elf maid... a lizard man as a gardener...
    I'm so jealous right now...

Anyway... Bringing Otaku culture to a fantasy world... And here I thought I've seen everything.

But holy cow that guy was way too exited...

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Holy cow, Musiel is so CUTE!!!!! And i too am freaking jealous of Shin!!!!
    Ahem.....sorry for the overload of excitement. LOL
    Anyway it seems this anime will be funny as hell, but also serious considering that in the plot summary are mentioned really delicate themes.....
    All in all I can't wait to see how the story will develop and thus I'll be looking forward to seeing the next episode.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

So, an otaku gets a job to be an ambassador of otaku culture? Perfect.
    A cute maid, and a loli empress.. The cast is nothing short of ridiculous and looks really fun. I wonder if this anime will end up as the Japanese get kicked out of that realm after all that excited pervert will have done through time

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    So, an otaku gets a job to be an ambassador of otaku culture? Perfect.
    A cute maid, and a loli empress.. The cast is nothing short of ridiculous and looks really fun. I wonder if this anime will end up as the Japanese get kicked out of that realm after all that excited pervert will have done through time
    That would be epic and funny. LOL
    But what made me laugh more is the fact that, despite being told not to say anything disrespectful, he did it by saying little girl to the supreme ruler. LOL
    Guess it was inevitable. XD

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

First episode was okay. I'm short on comedy this season so I'll watch a few more episodes. Not tremendously funny, I'm not overly impressed.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Lucky bastard! A cute and innocent half-elf maid, I want to see a catgirl with cute fangs now. Good first episode.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn, Petrarca pissed me off when she insulted Musiel; how dare she!!
    Anyway I quite enjoyed this episode and Shinichi will have to work hard in order to spread the Otaku culture (and survive in this world considering that there will be enemies). LOL
    Looking forward to the next episode.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

A strong episode. The children who have no time to have fun and servants who are bound to get beaten by masters made it good. It turned out to be a nice drama element. I mean, if they completely overlooked the inequality and went along with absurdity, I'd still feel okay, but somehow, now that this topic is being touched, I feel more satisfied overall.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow this Anime got depth! Hard to see that this world is stuck in medieval times. Those poor kids who can't enjoy the wonders of moe... That really makes me sad...

"Why is she undressing?" "Well she is a servant and..." Damn you Petrarca for destroying that moment...

It will be really tough to bring the Otaku culture to this wolrd... They aren't really ready for it yet...

I wonder what kind of the evil the bad guys are plotting...

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Too much references! Shinichi is too impulsive, I can't believe he responded to that knight like that. To bring the Otaku culture here will be difficult, they need to learn how to read, learn Japanese, children haven't free time... Petrarca is a spoiled brat but it's normal in their world. How will he find enough time to do all this work? Myusel won't read with him alone anymore, maybe Petrarca will live with them?

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Eh, so Petrarca actually cares for Musiel.......she's changing her attitudes towards the others after all.
    Nice episode and poor Musiel, that must have hurt; luckily she will be all fine next week and I can't wait to see what will happen from this point onward.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome! That episode had everything, comedy, action, romance, drama, fanservice. Best episode of this fall.

SNK references again and Miusel is speaking Japanese already, cuteness overload. Shinichi was funny and badass(saving the school with an extinguisher) but it' true he was favoring Miusel. And dat Minori with her Fujiko tactic, the villain and the conversations were great too.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This weeks episodes of Strike the Blood reminded me of Outbreak Company. I'm pretty sure that is the last time this season i am going to say something like that.

I thought about dropping this show. I had planned on deciding based on episode three. Episode three was very good, so I am going to keep watching. Miusel is very cute, I definitely will be rooting for her. Petrarca is also cute, but a little too tsundere for my taste. I still like her, but Miusel is better. I hope she's okay, I'm sure she will be, but I'm still worried for her.

The manga/anime/LN references in this show are too easy
    I liked the Hataraku Maou-Sama references in episode two.

16. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 4:

This show keeps getting better and better. Even more funny Anime references and "Holy Cow" is back too.
    Shinichi should really understand that our little Tsundere empress is in love with him...

Minori and her BL love... I had to laugh really hard when Galious blushed...

Now we even have an animal girl... Awesome...
    I really want to see more of my favourite lizardman gardener though...

New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast