Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tower of God Chapter 163 Discussion/164 Predictions

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Chapter 163 Discussion/164 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Well, there are three (or four) possible outcomes here:

1. Beta is doing this to ensure that FUG keep control over Baam and everything.
    2. Beta wants the Thorn for himself.
    3. Baam gains the Thorn and leaves FUG.
    4. Baam discovers what horrible atrocities were committed to create the Thorn and either doesn't take it (it may require him to activate it, somehow) or destroys it.
    5. The thorn is Emile in disguise; a sentient being who surprises everyone by revealing against FUG and/or Baam and/or Beta; she has been scheming all the time. Emile factor is started and working.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member strixflash's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt that Beta wants the thorn for himself. He propably wants to bring despair to FUG and that lady scientist by spoiling their plan and allowing Baam to control his own fate...

Noblesse Forever!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't a fan of Anak going out of her way to tell team Mad Dog of all people about Baam, I figured she would entrust that only to Season 1 people.
    Wangnan's victory while trying to be humorous was kinda lame.
    Just who/what is Beta, he knows way too much about everything.
    Is the fight SIU said where Baam will finally showcase all of his skills against an opponent who isn't way weaker or way stronger than himself going to be Reflejo now, and not Mad Dog as we all had previously guessed?
    I wonder when all these Gamblers FUG snuck in will make there move, and when will the Rankers connected to FUG make a move?

One question, when Tangsooyook passed it said time to wait, but last chapter when the big green guy without a head took out the other guy on the bridge and passed it then said he would go about taking out more competitors and what not. Whats the case here, can Tangsooyook still be taken out or not until the next round?
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LoS View Post
    One question, when Tangsooyook passed it said time to wait, but last chapter when the big green guy without a head took out the other guy on the bridge and passed it then said he would go about taking out more competitors and what not. Whats the case here, can Tangsooyook still be taken out or not until the next round?
    I'm not sure to understand your question but, Green guy team doesn't say they are taking out more competitors; only that they are taking a walk there. By the rules, we know Tangsooyook is granted for the next round, so it can't be eliminated until then.

The chapter leaves me the impression that Mad Dog is great guy. He seems to be a reasonable guy, ready to help FUG's enemies.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

If i remember correctly SIU said something about Baam fighting people his equals now, i mean we thought it would be mad eye now who do you guys think will be the guy?
    And why the hec is rak in his little form still?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shaheer View Post
    If i remember correctly SIU said something about Baam fighting people his equals now, i mean we thought it would be mad eye now who do you guys think will be the guy?
    At this point, it appears that Baam's going to fight Riflejo, who's apparently Poken, which a lot of us had theorized.

With Rak, who knows. It might be because it's easier to get around when you're small. Although, it could also be that when he's small, he's easier to use for comic relief.

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if we will see some bad guys from S1 making their appearance in next chapters. Reflejo seems to be not a rival for Baam. And it would be weird to see Mad Dog and Androssi sitting there just watching the fights. On the other hand SIU hasn't introduced more characters, and we know there are powerful rankers belonging to FUG hidden in the 30 F. Yu Han Sung maybe?

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Could be Beta, could be Reflejo, or it could be Mad Dog imo. For Beta, we haven't seen the full extent of his abilities, other than an implication that he is above Cassano and Horyang who are pretty close to being top 5 regulars and he did take out one of those workshop guards. Reflejo (who many people here think is Poken) could be around Baam's level. Initially I thought that if he was Poken then he would be a ranker, or at the very least a high floor regular, thus putting him above any regular in the tourney, but if Novik can hold him off for a bit then that doesn't appear to be the case. Mad Dog could still turn around and betray Baam, it would be pretty handy for him to have something as powerful as the thorn in his quest for revenge against FUG.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    With Rak, who knows. It might be because it's easier to get around when you're small. Although, it could also be that when he's small, he's easier to use for comic relief.
    I think I remember SIU saying that Rak is easier to draw that way. That's probably the main reason. Fact that he can move easier is probably an excuse, lol.

Gotta hand it to Rak though. He probably learned it on his own after being minimized by Yu Han Sung. Don't doubt he'll burst into his real size when serious fighting starts.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member s2k03's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder what rifelgio meant by being arrogant..... is that not the real thorn or something?? Im confused

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

You have to absolutely love Mei's attitude.

Mei being Mei!
    Spoiler show

Other than that the chapter was solid. I'm glad that SIU didn't drag Wangnan's fight any further, while it's getting more and more important elsewhere.

I hope Baam doesn't let his guard down. Beta can't be trusted blindly. I wonder where and what Varagarv's role is in the plan. I wonder against whom Varagarv will fight.

Quote Originally Posted by s2k03 View Post
    I wonder what rifelgio meant by being arrogant..... is that not the real thorn or something?? Im confused
    Well, the thorn is still a mystery. Not only for us readers, but also for the characters who have heared about it. Not to mention that FUG still have their rankers ready to interfere and SIU can still turn Reflejo into an high tier opponent. Like Lasix said, things go too smooth for our protagonists right now.

As a side note:
    I'm kinda disappointed that SIU didn't write about his impressions at the Book Fair in the afterwords. It was his first signing event after all. I really expected him to write a few lines about Germany and the Book Fair.

Maybe we made a very bad impression and he hates us all?
    Last edited by syx; October 20, 2013 at 09:06 PM.
    • ⁞ Signature by ThePowha ⁞ •

• ⁞ Tower of God Section136th FloorToG Section's Lighthouse ⁞ •

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe SIU will write about the book fair somewhere else later. I doubt he'd cut it out completely.

I say that is not the real thorn. It looks too... normal. It doesn't differ much from the first thing you imagine as a "thorn", but I'd expect something SO hyped to look much more bizzare. Something along the lines of Emily's giant acorn.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Reflejo is a bit scary. Beta is probably going to decide to be a major challenge at this point. With Koon summoning quite a team, they should be better prepared for the semi-finals. Wangnan's fight was kind of hilarious, but it's going to be good to see what the top regulars are capable of.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheMoa's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

what I really didn't like was... Why Novick spilled everything to Poken already?
    I mean... FUG has resources, he should keep his mouth shut and wait for Baam to get the thorn first

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    Reflejo is a bit scary.
    Sure Novick can say it. He was scared about Reflejo in their first exchange and now he's dancing around him.

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast