Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Tower of God Chapter 163 Discussion/164 Predictions

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Chapter 163 Discussion/164 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoa View Post
    what I really didn't like was... Why Novick spilled everything to Poken already?
    I mean... FUG has resources, he should keep his mouth shut and wait for Baam to get the thorn first
    Gloating is hard to resist. Plus, the whole thing was set up for audience benefit. Just like those classic villain monologues.

And to be honest I don't thing there's much left FUG can do. Even assuming they are hellishly strong. They are stuck dealing with Mad Dog's full team without Novik, Ran, or Baam. Now I'm assuming FUG will win so they can have their big showdown with Koon's team but getting there could be a little interesting. And if they lose then they lose that internal bet in FUG for control over Baam. So they can't afford to drop everything and run after him.

That pretty much leaves some kind of preprepared trap type thing at the thorn but that's bound to be there regardless of what Novik tells Reflejo.

So while monologuing is never wise. I think it's fairly harmless here. Besides if I were Novik I don't think I'd be able to resist twisting the knife about the sheer scope of this screw up.

---------------------------------------------

FUG's plan was always a disaster waiting to happen because it was reliant on Baam cooperating while they give him every incentive to turn on them at the first opportunity. Now that opportunity has presented itself and Reflejo, in ordering the hit on Baam's friends, set fire to his last chance at coercing Baam.

The plan has gone from disaster waiting to happen to just plain disaster and I don't really thing there is anything Reflejo or Poken can do to stop it.
    Last edited by Jammin; October 22, 2013 at 12:05 AM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Even if there isn't much to worry about Reflejo, there's still a matter of those FUG Rankers that were mentioned. I suppose Lero-ro and the guys could help out, but depending on how many there are, things could get really tough.

And I sure hope they will

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Even if there isn't much to worry about Reflejo, there's still a matter of those FUG Rankers that were mentioned. I suppose Lero-ro and the guys could help out, but depending on how many there are, things could get really tough.

And I sure hope they will
    Wingtree is observing Baam, I guess FUG Rankers wouldn't be able to do much.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    Wingtree is observing Baam, I guess FUG Rankers wouldn't be able to do much.
    Lero-ro and the guys (Quant and Hachuling) are the ones who are observing and representing Wingtree. I thought it goes without saying. Also, we don't even know if there's anyone but Lero-ro and Quant there, since Hachuling sent them to do what he was supposed to. But I'm sure he's there, since it was his task and he's the one responsible. So it makes 3 of them, probably. Any more Wingtree members is pure speculation at this point.

That's why I said things could get rough depending on how many FUG Rankers there are.

Frankly, FUG being duped and dealt with easilly would be shitty writing. After all the trouble they went through in raising their new Slayer, they are supposed to just let him go to bunch of Regulars. I thought those FUG Rankers were mentioned so we know it won't be a walk in the park and others, like Lero-ro, will have to be involved in fighting.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

TheCompany version: http://www.batoto.net/read/_/202308/...by_the-company

The note written by the Company at the end is interesting. I think they are right in not changing their names. Good books have many translations, and the one called 'official' here doesn't have to be the better only because is financed by Naver. Sure they will have more chances to ask SIU about the translations than the guys from TheCompany have had in the past, but TC has been doing a great job. I'm particularly interested in keeping the track to the official use of 'regular/irregular' concept, and in making a comparison between them.

Wow, this end of the arc is getting more and more exciting! The reading of today gave the strong impression that the thorn is not an inanimate object or something harmeless, but something that, by itself, can be even dangerous for Baam. It would be consistence with the plot line about Emile. I guess, in that chamber those plot lines (Emile' and Baam') will converge.

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3