Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 73

Thread: The Missing Nakamas

  1. #16
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ace4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Country
    Switzerland
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    137
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Missing Nakamas

    I think we can't rely on the pictures as you mentioned Oda drew also Shirahoshi etc. with the crew so it doesn't mean anything. On the other hand Robin joining was a nice twist and I don't think Oda will repeat that but with Oda you never know. With Jinbei they would be the magic 10 people that Luffy said in the beginning but still they could have more people. Kinemon is still a hot contender in my opinion because I think the Mera Mera No Mi won't be consumed by anyone.

  2. #17
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bellamy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Country
    France
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    210
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Missing Nakamas

    I have really an hard time picturing Jinbei, because of his answer, still.
    What he had to do, already ? I forgot when and what did he said about joining the SH. I remember that it was a "yes" but the way it was announced, I'm sure that he will not join for some reasons. I would find that really weird and disapointing that, for one of the most important arcs, the last nakama isn't even there.
    Or, yo ho ho ho, twist ! Jinbei comes to save the day at Dressrosa ! Then, that would be pretty cool.

    But if we want to go a little bit further, I think Jinbei is a nice guy, but his personnality isn't very original, imo at least. He's the serious guy, mature, with strong experiences. But for the seriousness, I think we already have Robin, even Zoro when necessary.

  3. #18
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Dubai
    Country
    India
    Age
    17
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    655
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Missing Nakamas

    Wicca, zoro and kinemon are going into the colliseum right? What if wicca gets seperated and feels hungry? And as she is searching for something to eat, she finds the mera mera no mi and eats it? Luffy would want her to join the crew cause she would probably be the first dwarf he had ever seen plus she ate aces fruit by mistake. After she joins the crew, she could be the person always on zoros shoulder and telling him directions. Zoro also kinda likes her cause she has immense strenght though her size is small.
    Last edited by sameel; October 09, 2013 at 06:56 AM.

  4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  5. #19
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bellamy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Country
    France
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    210
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Missing Nakamas

    Quote Originally Posted by sameel View Post
    Wicca, zoro and kinemon are going into the colliseum right? What if wicca gets seperated and feels hungry? And as she is searching for something to eat, she finds the mera mera no mi and eats it? Luffy would want her to join the crew cause she would probably be the first dwarf he had ever seen plus she ate aces fruit by mistake. After she joins the crew, she could be the person always on zoros shoulder and telling him directions. Zoro also kinda likes her cause she has immense strenght though her size is small.
    That is a very interesting thought, sameel ! Props to you !
    You managed to gather all the good elements : She's a dwarf, she's original, she's a lady, she's strong, she was the first dwarf shown, she makes a good duo with Zoro, and you scenario is highly possible eventually. And would be very funny to see. I love it. She's even kinda of cute, you know. Like a mini-Perona !!!


  6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  7. #20
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member 7pac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    On Top of the World
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    149
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Missing Nakamas

    Quote Originally Posted by Bellamy View Post
    I have really an hard time picturing Jinbei, because of his answer, still.
    What he had to do, already ? I forgot when and what did he said about joining the SH. I remember that it was a "yes" but the way it was announced, I'm sure that he will not join for some reasons. I would find that really weird and disapointing that, for one of the most important arcs, the last nakama isn't even there.
    Or, yo ho ho ho, twist ! Jinbei comes to save the day at Dressrosa ! Then, that would be pretty cool.

    But if we want to go a little bit further, I think Jinbei is a nice guy, but his personnality isn't very original, imo at least. He's the serious guy, mature, with strong experiences. But for the seriousness, I think we already have Robin, even Zoro when necessary.

    You know I actually thought about it, jimbei appearing at dressrosa!!

    But I think you're mistaking on the final nakama. I believe more then 1 nakama will still join the strawhats.

  8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  9. #21
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Missing Nakamas

    Quote Originally Posted by 7pac View Post
    But I think you're mistaking on the final nakama. I believe more then 1 nakama will still join the strawhats.
    Agreed.
    I still think Oda wants to balance the genders slightly and will add a couple females to keep female fans happy or something.

  10. #22
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bellamy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Country
    France
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    210
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Missing Nakamas

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Agreed.
    I still think Oda wants to balance the genders slightly and will add a couple females to keep female fans happy or something.
    Sorry, I didn't express myself well enough.
    What I meant was : the last nakama so far, so the next one after Brook, if you know what I mean. Not the last there will ever be.
    I apologize for the confusion !
    I too think, and whish, that there will be more that 1 nakama who will join.

    Anyway, I thought that I could do a list on the original post, regrouping each character that everyone have mentionned. What do you think about that guys ?

  11. #23
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,552
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Missing Nakamas

    well its amazing to me that this list made it this far without mentioning jimbei



    he would be an excellent crew member, being perhaps the strongest fishman, a great swimmer and strong fighter

    with plenty of connections on land and water

    and the ability to communicate with schools of fish/sharks could be beneficial

    also his experience on a pirate ship would be very helpful, considering most of the straw-hats are still learning on the fly and lack expert experience




    also i would love to see boa join the crew

    her love for luffy would be a fun thing to see all the time especially because she would probably act jealous towards nami and robin all the time even though they arent dating luffy



    of course the bad news is sanji would always be a stone statue
    Last edited by REN KOUEN; October 09, 2013 at 01:35 PM.

  12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  13. #24
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bellamy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Country
    France
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    210
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Missing Nakamas

    I can see everyone seems OK with Jinbei. Funny thing !
    About Boa Hancock, personnaly I think it would be annoying eventually. Like Bartolomeo for example. The running gag is sweet, but not EVERYTIME, you know. And with two obsessed people like them, I have the feeling that most of us wouldn't be happy with their reactions. (like Sanji in FI with the mermaids, you know ?)
    But OMG, just for the fun, it would be so hilarious to see Bartolomeo AND Boa aboard together in front of Luffy. Who will be the most emotive ?? XD

    Anyway, guys, I've made the list !
    Don't hesitate to tell me if I forgot somebody we evoked.

  14. #25
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Missing Nakamas

    Quote Originally Posted by Bellamy View Post
    me as Perona. But she had a bow and arrows, was skilled, cool design of a sexy amazon, link with Boa Hancock... What do you want else, Oda ? You should have digging her a bit more. I think the period of the meeting was just bad timing. No way that Luffy could recruit somebody during Ace's arc. Otherwise, she could have been our new nakama we seeking for.
    She would have been a great crew member too I think.
    I thought she was going to end up as Luffy's wife first time we see them interact lol.

  15. #26
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,552
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Missing Nakamas

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    She would have been a great crew member too I think.
    I thought she was going to end up as Luffy's wife first time we see them interact lol.
    That laugh would have the straw hats all wanting to walk the plank after a few days

  16. #27
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bellamy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Country
    France
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    210
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Missing Nakamas

    After all, she kinda took a bath with him, naked... And not a fuck was given this day by Luffy. XD
    This man only knows how to love meat and adventure !

  17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  18. #28
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Dubai
    Country
    India
    Age
    17
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    655
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Missing Nakamas

    True dat

  19. #29
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member BetaRuler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    285
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Missing Nakamas

    I remember when I first read one piece I kinda wanted Kohza to join when I was at the Alabasta arc, and was surprised'ish that he didn't, he just seemed mega cool at the time to me...

    Then when it came to Water 7 I kinda thought Paulie might join. He seemed fun and cool too, the debt jokes and SHAMELESS women always got more giggles out of me than Franky.

    Nowadays I think Kinemon would make a pretty good addition. But it seems I always like the cool characters who in the end DON'T join the Straw Hats XD

  20. #30
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    308
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Missing Nakamas

    About Jinbei my thought is that Big Mom will capture him after he left her and Luffy will come to save him. Then he'll be in the crew since he had to cut his links with the female Yonkou before entering the SH ! And the next cover story may be on that, Jinbei getting captured.

    And for wicca : big +1

  21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts