Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 73

Thread: The Missing Nakamas

  1. #31
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bellamy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Country
    France
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    205
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Missing Nakamas

    Quote Originally Posted by BetaRuler View Post
    I remember when I first read one piece I kinda wanted Kohza to join when I was at the Alabasta arc, and was surprised'ish that he didn't, he just seemed mega cool at the time to me...

    Then when it came to Water 7 I kinda thought Paulie might join. He seemed fun and cool too, the debt jokes and SHAMELESS women always got more giggles out of me than Franky.

    Nowadays I think Kinemon would make a pretty good addition. But it seems I always like the cool characters who in the end DON'T join the Straw Hats XD
    Yes indeed ! XD
    For Kohza at least ! He was cool, but it was obvious he wouldn't join. However, for Paulie, I do remember that everyone was kind of excited about him, and the fact he used ropes, was funny, and seemed strong, telling he would be the shipwright. He was a good character, but in the end, totaly owned by a funky ero-cyborg !

    I added those two on the list, btw !

  2. #32
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Country
    Greece
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    247
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Missing Nakamas

    Quote Originally Posted by Bellamy View Post
    Yes indeed ! XD
    For Kohza at least ! He was cool, but it was obvious he wouldn't join. However, for Paulie, I do remember that everyone was kind of excited about him, and the fact he used ropes, was funny, and seemed strong, telling he would be the shipwright. He was a good character, but in the end, totaly owned by a funky ero-cyborg !

    I added those two on the list, btw !
    Franky had more potential than paulie plus he isnt just a shipwright he is more like a scientist with all those rodots and technological stuff he made.
    Last edited by Don Chinjao; October 14, 2013 at 03:58 AM.

  3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  4. #33
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner karamm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Country
    Palestine
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    33
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Missing Nakamas

    I have a feeling Momonosuke will join the SH crew. I always thought the crew was missing a Zoan user, a merman, and a giant. So with Momonosuke's artificial mythical zoan fruit and his perverted nature, I think he'd fit right in with the crew.

  5. #34
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bellamy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Country
    France
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    205
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Missing Nakamas

    Quote Originally Posted by karamm View Post
    I have a feeling Momonosuke will join the SH crew. I always thought the crew was missing a Zoan user, a merman, and a giant. So with Momonosuke's artificial mythical zoan fruit and his perverted nature, I think he'd fit right in with the crew.
    I find it possible, even if I don't want that to happen at all.
    He's a child, this would be too reckless imo. Plus he's not useful until now. He's more like a dead weight.
    And I would feel that Oda's trying to stick too much with DBZ, I don't know why.

    Anyway, added to the list !

  6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #35
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Dubai
    Country
    India
    Age
    17
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    653
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Missing Nakamas

    What will you do with the list?

  8. #36
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member leiatte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    208
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Missing Nakamas

    I don't really feel as if there are any missing nakama, Im not saying I didn't want certain characters to be strawhats but I'm not sure I necessarily like the term missing because I feel like certain characters weren't added to the crew for a reason, its like back when Robin first joined the crew, I was pretty surprised and unsure about her joining at first, but I love Robin and Im happy she joined.

    The only person who I wanted to come on the ship and be a part of the crew is Vivi and she's an honorary crew member (like I really wanted Vivi to join the main crew she was perfect for me and very interesting, and I still think they should have 1 more girl in the crew but Its hard to find another I like as much as Vivi.), Im fine with her not joining though, as she had a kingdom to take care of, and Alabasta Arc was so special because Vivi cared about her kingdom and I think it was best for her kingdom and her character development to stay behind.

    See, I also like Kinemon and I think he fits the crew very well, but I don't want him to join the crew. Its not that i don't like him, I think him and momonosuke are awesome but He has a child and thats pretty strange for both of them to join especially since he cares so much for Momonosuke's welfare. Also Kinemon is from Wano and proud to be a samurai, I doubt he's leaving his country. I think he will be this Saga's honorary Strawhat.

    Anyway, these statements are just how Im feeling.

  9. #37
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bellamy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Country
    France
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    205
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Missing Nakamas

    Quote Originally Posted by leiatte View Post
    I don't really feel as if there are any missing nakama, Im not saying I didn't want certain characters to be strawhats but I'm not sure I necessarily like the term missing because I feel like certain characters weren't added to the crew for a reason, its like back when Robin first joined the crew, I was pretty surprised and unsure about her joining at first, but I love Robin and Im happy she joined.

    The only person who I wanted to come on the ship and be a part of the crew is Vivi and she's an honorary crew member (like I really wanted Vivi to join the main crew she was perfect for me and very interesting, and I still think they should have 1 more girl in the crew but Its hard to find another I like as much as Vivi.), Im fine with her not joining though, as she had a kingdom to take care of, and Alabasta Arc was so special because Vivi cared about her kingdom and I think it was best for her kingdom and her character development to stay behind.

    See, I also like Kinemon and I think he fits the crew very well, but I don't want him to join the crew. Its not that i don't like him, I think him and momonosuke are awesome but He has a child and thats pretty strange for both of them to join especially since he cares so much for Momonosuke's welfare. Also Kinemon is from Wano and proud to be a samurai, I doubt he's leaving his country. I think he will be this Saga's honorary Strawhat.

    Anyway, these statements are just how Im feeling.
    Well, I get your point.
    But it's not really about that we wanted them to join like "this" - to me at least. I just simply think that, if Oda, for most of the added characters, decided to give extra-time, extra-effort, extra-development, it could have been great to have them as Strawhats.
    For me, the most classic example is Johnny & Yosaku. When Franky is, imo, way too often on the ship (I get it, we want to see new stuff from the Sunny-Go, but I miss the mecha-brawler so much...), when if there was J&Y to guard it (like Usopp, they would have got much stronger), that could bring extra laugh, and permits to underated characters to shine a little more.

    Btw, I will certainly try to do a little montage in the end, for the lulz, just to see what the crew would looks like with all those "missing" nakamas !

  10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  11. #38
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    364
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Missing Nakamas

    Quote Originally Posted by karamm View Post
    I have a feeling Momonosuke will join the SH crew. I always thought the crew was missing a Zoan user, a merman, and a giant. So with Momonosuke's artificial mythical zoan fruit and his perverted nature, I think he'd fit right in with the crew.
    So crew is missing a Zoan user? I forgot Chopper was a Logia..

  12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  13. #39
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bellamy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Country
    France
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    205
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Missing Nakamas

    Quote Originally Posted by llaubacher View Post
    So crew is missing a Zoan user? I forgot Chopper was a Logia..
    Haha, you've got to admit that Chopper is a tricky one, since it's the exact inverse of a Zoan. XD
    I always found weird that it was a Zoan Fruit, btw. But we're going off-topic here.

    Just a thought, but I think if Chopper didn't joined, that a Hiluluk would have been really fun in the crew. A mad scientist with a strong will, a strong dream, a little bit crazy but loving. I think that he's my favorite deceased character after Ace.

  14. #40
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member 7pac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    On Top of the World
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    149
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Missing Nakamas

    it's almost 100% sure rebecca will join but she's not on the list?

  15. #41
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bellamy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Country
    France
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    205
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Missing Nakamas

    Quote Originally Posted by 7pac View Post
    it's almost 100% sure rebecca will join but she's not on the list?
    Well, why 100% sure ?
    It could be interesting to develop, don't you think ?

  16. #42
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member 7pac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    On Top of the World
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    149
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Missing Nakamas

    i don't feel like writing right now, but i'll develop my theory for sure, why i'm so sure is that the leader of this secret alliance vs doflamingo is soldier, rebecca wants the mera mera to defeat doflamingo and protect soldier, needless to say she can't do either of them, even if she gets the mera mera, I can already see doflamingo killing soldier, and luffy going complete bonkers, defeating doflamingo and ask rebecca to join her crew since she has no more attachment to dressrosa.

    Now 2 things can happen, either she refuses and becomes the queen once again like her family of dressrosa, however this is too much alabasta style, and would be repetitive imo.

    Second Choice is that she joins the crew, well that's how I see it.

    Ok it's not 100% sure, but whats sure is that they WILL get a new nakama after this arc.

  17. #43
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,881
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Missing Nakamas

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    C'mon... Don Krieg's right-hand man? Who gave Luffy the mask to save him from the poison gas? Knocked Don Krieg unconscious once he lost to Luffy?
    Ah, I remember now. I don't mind seeing him again, but I don't want him to join either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellamy View Post
    Hey guys !
    Glad to see that this thread is well received.
    - Wiper :
    - Hachi / :
    - Kinemon :
    I don't mind these people possibly joining the crew sometimes in the future, they'd be good additions. I think Bellamy might join - rather, Bellamy is more likely to join than Rebecca, especially since she's the granddaughter of a former king who was likely ousted because of Doflamgino's nefariousness.

  18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  19. #44
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Towson
    Country
    United States
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    27,247
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Missing Nakamas

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I don't mind these people possibly joining the crew sometimes in the future, they'd be good additions. I think Bellamy might join - rather, Bellamy is more likely to join than Rebecca, especially since she's the granddaughter of a former king who was likely ousted because of Doflamgino's nefariousness.
    I agree, Bellamy makes more sense than Rebecca. He's probably going to betray Doflamingo and help Luffy, forcing him to forsake his dream. Since he can't join Doflamingo's crew, he could end up joining Luffy's instead. I'm not convinced anyone is going to join after this arc, but if anyone does, I think it will be Bellamy.

  20. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  21. #45
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bellamy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Country
    France
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    205
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Missing Nakamas

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I don't mind these people possibly joining the crew sometimes in the future, they'd be good additions. I think Bellamy might join - rather, Bellamy is more likely to join than Rebecca, especially since she's the granddaughter of a former king who was likely ousted because of Doflamgino's nefariousness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    I agree, Bellamy makes more sense than Rebecca. He's probably going to betray Doflamingo and help Luffy, forcing him to forsake his dream. Since he can't join Doflamingo's crew, he could end up joining Luffy's instead. I'm not convinced anyone is going to join after this arc, but if anyone does, I think it will be Bellamy.
    Quote Originally Posted by 7pac View Post
    Ok it's not 100% sure, but whats sure is that they WILL get a new nakama after this arc.
    I think so too. I've evoked several theories before about this subject. However, I think that someone has to join and more important, to be part of the current story. For that, there is to me until now 3 or 4 serious pretenders.

    - Rebecca, though she's indeed tied to the Kindgom imo. I don't believe that the Mera Mera no Mi will obviously get to the future Strawhat, whether it is her or a dwarf. I think that Luffy just wants the fruit to goes to someone strong and who deserves the former power of Ace.
    - Wicca, or a dwarf. (for the reasons already stated on this topic)

    - Bellamy, because of his comeback and the fact that he changed a lot. The thing is, I'm afraid that he will not join, because I think he will definitely redeemed to us and Luffy by a life-saving sacrifice, or he will join Heart Pirates. Or even worse... I'm saying that for some reasons that I'd like to develop.

    First, I think that until now, he didn't get enought screen-time. More important, he showed us his new skills. He's stronger, that's for sure. But in the end, he lost the battle like simple fodder, only to hype Bartolomeo. Sure, the King's Punch was strong as hell, and I'm certain that even Luffy would have been in troubles. The fact is, it's weird to me to reintroduce a character to make him loose. We don't want a new member who is weak. So, until Bellamy shows us his true new "change" in an outside arena fight, I will say that he would be an useless addition regarding this aspect.

    Second, I find hard to believe that he will quit his forever dream. I mean, he was beaten by Doflamingo under the hands of Sarquiss, and everyone thought the bastard was dead. He lost all his friends too. And still, he managed to bring a freaking Golden Pillar to him after all that and "destroyed countries that laughed at Dressrosa". That's something, and shows for sure how loyal he is. I honestly don't know what would make him change right now... The underground work of DD's family ? Slavery ? Smiles ? Children ? Orders to kill Luffy ? For me, will he be on Luffy's side is the great question of the following chapters.

    Third, and here it's rather a good point : he's a brawler. I miss old-Franky who's just a walking firepower weapon right now. I doubt he will Franky Boxing again... So, really, I would want another type of brawler in the crew.


    All others characters introduced will be either future allies or are simply ennemies.
    I still have a doubt about Toy Soldier, Kanjurou and Violet, but that's it. Bartolomeo, Cavendish, they will never join. They have a crew. They will be allied.
    Last edited by Bellamy; October 18, 2013 at 03:39 AM.

New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts