Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: The Missing Nakamas

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Missing Nakamas

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Do you really think the Merry counts as one of his "10 Nakama?" lol its was a ship that they loved sure, but I really doubt that he counted the ship towards his 10 nakama.
    Since in that same conversation with Zoro about having 10 nakama, he and Zoro discuss not having a ship in the sense that it was an item, and not as if a Ship is a Nakama.
    Yes, they saw Merry as a nakama, still, it doesn't require the inclusion of it into the members count, in particular if deceased. But because of all those ways to count the crew members and interpretations of Luffy's statement, exactly ten, about ten, only if 15 or more have joined, or Oda gives us a direct answer the discussion can be over.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Do you really think the Merry counts as one of his "10 Nakama?" lol its was a ship that they loved sure, but I really doubt that he counted the ship towards his 10 nakama.
    Since in that same conversation with Zoro about having 10 nakama, he and Zoro discuss not having a ship in the sense that it was an item, and not as if a Ship is a Nakama.
    Yes! Oda told us it counts, right?! To Straw Hats, ships are nakamas.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bellamy's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alelucas View Post
    Yes! Oda told us it counts, right?! To Straw Hats, ships are nakamas.
    I consider myself that Merry was a Nakama. Not to most of the readers, but in our pirates hearts at least. But, Merry was replaced, or revived in the Thousand Sunny, somehow. To me, it would be like to still count Vivi as a part of the actual Strawhats. Johnny, Yosaku, Vivi, Merry, to me, are considered Former Nakamas, simply because they sailed along Luffy's side for some adventures, and the captain was okay with that.

Still, I'm sure that there will be at least 2 more Nakamas.

And, a, funny thing.
    Maybe what J&Y said back then is a foreshadowing of a future encounter ? Who knows ?
    http://www.mangareader.net/103-2202-...hapter-95.html

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

if Wicca ate the Mera-Mera she is a good companion of Zoro because she will be like a Will-O-Wisp that will light up if Zoro unsheathe his katana

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah.
    That would be fun to know which is your favorite "nakama material" dwarf until now; guys !
    Whether it's Wicca, Leo, or the Princess ! (frankly, I had forgotten about her...)
    (or maybe you are a little weird and you think it will be the old man, which could be in fact extremely funny, like a Master Roshi)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member 7pac's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to consider violet too!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Rebecca is too young, Dorde is too old and Viola is the only one capable of taking the reign after the revolution. Even if Riku III wasn't the one at fault, his stigma within the citizens must still be pretty big.

And would you please use the right thread for potential crew members, this one is for those that aren't part fo the current plot anymore.

-> The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama... - 2nd edition

Quote Originally Posted by Bellamy View Post
    I consider myself that Merry was a Nakama. Not to most of the readers, but in our pirates hearts at least. But, Merry was replaced, or revived in the Thousand Sunny, somehow. To me, it would be like to still count Vivi as a part of the actual Strawhats. Johnny, Yosaku, Vivi, Merry, to me, are considered Former Nakamas, simply because they sailed along Luffy's side for some adventures, and the captain was okay with that.
    Quote Quote:
    1. nakama = associate
    2. nakama = circle of friends
    3. nakama = group
    4. nakama = partner

www.kanjijapanese.com
    All the people Luffy meets during his journey and that become his friends are nakama.
    Last edited by Schabrak; November 14, 2013 at 07:31 AM.
    Firm but Fair

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

A little montage I made of what should and could have been the Strawhats, héhé.
    Donquixote Pirates all day, son.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Deus Machina's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

I do not count the Merry as a nakama.
    The ship was never recruited but given as a token of appreciation. It did grown onto the crew members and became as much of their family as any living member but at the end of the day it was just a ship. WB himself is shown feeling sad after the death of the Moby.

IMO Luffy is going to recruit two or three more members into the crew.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Indeed.
    Well, like someone said, nakama also means circle of friends.
    In some extent, we can say that ships can be considered as nakamas very seriously in the hearts of pirates. To me, Merry and Sunny are nakamas.
    But let me get this straight, this subject concerns actual human beings and not entities.
    Also, just a reminder, avoid to speak about who SHOULD be Strawhat in the future. This topic is focused on who SHOULD HAVE BEEN a nakama, or was and didn't stayed.

If you want to talk about newconers, I suggest you to go here : http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth.....-2nd-edition
    Donquixote Pirates all day, son.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member chrizzl's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally think that the next character to join will me Momo as he adds both humour and has the potential to become very strong I mean he is a dragon after all. Also I think he looks very similarities to the little guy drawn in the Green Data book on the original design for the crew. Although I can explain the net he's holding but from what I can see/ imagine in my head is a sword on his back?

The Character that I have always wanted to join I Akojii as I just think he's the boy and in my opinion he respects Garp allot and might see some of his free will in Luffy. (as in he got to VA and was like cant be arsed anymore I can do what I want now). Plus now as he's weakened from losing a leg he wont be so overpowered though still crazily strong. well this is my wish if sanjii dosent get the mera mera fruit.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Jabman's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

- Rayleigh (would awesome but he's retired so better if he just stays as he is now)

- Trafalgar Law (also would be awesome but an official alliance with his WHOLE crew and the mugiwaras would be awesomer)

- Jinbei (Just a cool character with a cool design that would heighten the rep of the mugiwaras.)

- Momonosuke (loving this kid and would love to see him grow up on the thousand sunny. Perhaps could learn from zoro how to fight with a sword and also turn into an epic dragon in the future

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

As for Jinbei, Kinemon, and his son, the three of them, are already half way of becoming Strawhat. As for other:

I actually prefer the toy soldier after eating the mera-mera fruit. But it seems he will be back to normal human and will not get that mera-mera fruit. As for others, I haven's see any special personality with special unique skill that gets highlight in this dressrosa arc.
    Could it be one of the enemy (DoFla crew) become a member as well? Sure, but I'm pessimistic about it. They are, however, very unique and considerably strong.

But I'm guessing there won't be any new crew until Jinbei, Kinemon, and Momo are clear to become members or not. Doesn't seems like Oda is in a hurry to get a new crew for strawhat. So maybe the new crew will be from another arc, that is if Oda decides to add more crew after Jinbei, Kinemon, and Momo.
    Last edited by isenk; January 13, 2014 at 03:43 PM.

New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5