Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Hajime no Ippo: Rising

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Hajime no Ippo: Rising

Hajime no Ippo: Rising

Episodes: 25
    Aired: Oct 6, 2013 to ?
    Producers: Madhouse Studios, VAP, MAPPA
    Genres: Comedy, Drama, Shounen, Sports

Synopsis
    The third series of Hajime no Ippo.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_23.gif

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hajime no Ippo: Rising

Finally watched it. Absolutely loved the intro with Ippo's wins, they are using the old soundtracks more this fall. We finally see his father's death, Ippo had a great strength even before helping his mother apparently. Already a match, I expected Iwao to have a move related to sharks, he used Gazelle Punch instead and is cleverer than I thought. Kamogawa's voice is good but Kenji's voice is still stuck in my head. OP is OK, ED is excellent.

---------- Post added October 14, 2013 at 06:42 AM ---------- Previous post was October 07, 2013 at 01:03 PM ----------

Damn, all these body blows!
    Shimabukuro's tactic to beat the Dempsey Roll was just pure strength, I could do something like that too. Ippo uses his DR too much now, he needs to another technique otherwise Miyata will beat him with his out boxing techs. With a tittle like that, the next ep will probably be a comic one. I want to see Kumi-chan and Tomiko again .

---------- Post added October 22, 2013 at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was October 14, 2013 at 06:42 AM ----------

EPIC ENDING.

Ippo is a lady killer now, Kumi didn't say she was his GF, which is odd, I would remember if they had broke up. These 3 are still no match for his mom.
    Second part was hilarious, Aoki has his chance to shine, I understand why some of them think it would be better if he looses but can he really be more insufferable than Takamura? :xd

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Great fight! Sawamura counters are awesome even if doesn't play fair. I am really impressed by Ippo, he shown him why he is the champion.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Magnus's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Holy shit, the episode 12 that just came out is definitely the best one as of now. It's been years since I read this fight in the manga, I totally forgot how intense it is. Ippo struggling during one of the worst pinches he's ever been through, his boldness and determination is truly inspiring. Good animation, smart choice of music and the voice actors outdid themselves (especially Sawamura's, he nailed the madness of this character).

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Anti-Anti-Anti-Anti Dempsey. Great animation, OST, vocie acting, Miki is really fabulous, I should have nominated him, I don't think a fight has ever been that brutal. Now it's supposed to be Takamura story, can't wait.

---------- Post added January 19, 2014 at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was January 05, 2014 at 11:57 PM ----------

Never thought I would see Yagi with a troll face . Takamura's fight is finally scheduled, he really is a boxing genius. It seems Ippo won't fight for a while, I hope to see at least a Miyata fight before the end of this season.

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 15
    Spoiler show

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Aoki fights are always entertaining "XD. Miyata will fight sooner than I expected, good but I was ready for Takamura...

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Miyata is as badass as always, but I'm glad his opponent was fleshed out enough.
    The end really got me pumped up with the use of the track "Vagabond" from the old OST. Next episode willl be glorious.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Perfect victory for Miyata, he is lightning fast and his counters are precise and neat. His boxing style really is a pleasure to watch, I absolutely loved the ending with the fans screaming and Takamura.

But Ippo VS Miyata won't happen unless there is a 4th season I think. I hope to live enough to see the manga adapted entirely even if it's not completed yet.

---------- Post added February 16, 2014 at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was February 09, 2014 at 08:12 PM ----------

Basically brain vs brawns, I am impressed by Eagle's composure, he is definitely the worst opponent for Takamura. We had yet to see Takamura fighting against someone who is good with counters, it's interesting to see him with psychological damage.

---------- Post added February 23, 2014 at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was February 16, 2014 at 06:17 PM ----------

Eagle wanted to be an honorable fighter, it will lead him to his loss. I didn't expect Takamura to give him a headbutt, it was awesome. Kamogawa-Takamura interactions are always a pleasure to watch, I like their bond.

---------- Post added March 02, 2014 at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was February 23, 2014 at 09:57 PM ----------

Takamura is a monster, never ceases to amaze me, his victory was epic! I wonder if he will fight Ippo someday.

---------- Post added March 09, 2014 at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was March 02, 2014 at 03:20 PM ----------

Kamogawa and Nekota are a great duo, both were so passionate. This episode reminded me of Rainbow, their rivalry became more serious because of a woman but we all know they won't get her.

---------- Post added March 19, 2014 at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was March 09, 2014 at 07:56 PM ----------

I really like this new arc, Kamogawa, Nekota and Yuki are cool, I like the love triangle too, good drama. What Nekota did was dangerous but that ending... It will probably shake Kamogawa who is too rational.

---------- Post added March 30, 2014 at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was March 19, 2014 at 07:57 PM ----------

Kamogawa and Nekota's carriers were really short, they were so strong. Kamogawa's punches are so powerful, only one hit can destroy ribs , he is badass even when rejecting someone.

Great finale for a great series, 9/10 easily. Hoping for a long running series someday.

New Reply