Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Hokage Itachi?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member RomeCity's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nurarihyon no Mago Hokage Itachi?

What if Itachi could have stopped the Uchiha's planned takeover by becoming the 4th Hokage instead of killing them all?

Wow. Sasuke would be sooo different.

Over 9000!!

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hokage Itachi?

Itachi was to young to be the 4th hokage.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Itachi would have been the 5th Hokage, Minato was dead before the Uchiha Massacre happened.

As for how things would have been, I think it's safe to say if Itachi was still alive and the Uchiha clan was as well, the Naruto world wouldn't be the way it is now for a lot of reasons, but to me, the two biggest things that would have happened would

1) Obito, Orochimaru, and Kabuto would have never been able to do what they have done, and

2) Naruto would have never been in a situation to do what he's done.

Simply put Itachi being Hokage changes the entire dynamic that is Konoha and the ninja world in such a way that everything from Naruto's upbringing, to his training, to his rivalry with Sasuke, to the battles that have been fought in the world would have all changed dramatically. There is no telling what would truly have happened.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Itachi would be perfect for Hokage. His destiny was screwed up though. :/

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Itachi's ideals were the same as Hashirama's. While he'd be almost a perfect Hokage, he didn't have "that" something that Naruto has.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member nitsthegame's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    Itachi's ideals were the same as Hashirama's. While he'd be almost a perfect Hokage, he didn't have "that" something that Naruto has.
    He lacked the hatred

visit me here

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

He wasn't the main character?

8. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member badluckartist's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    Itachi would have been the 5th Hokage, Minato was dead before the Uchiha Massacre happened.

As for how things would have been, I think it's safe to say if Itachi was still alive and the Uchiha clan was as well, the Naruto world wouldn't be the way it is now for a lot of reasons, but to me, the two biggest things that would have happened would

1) Obito, Orochimaru, and Kabuto would have never been able to do what they have done, and

2) Naruto would have never been in a situation to do what he's done.

Simply put Itachi being Hokage changes the entire dynamic that is Konoha and the ninja world in such a way that everything from Naruto's upbringing, to his training, to his rivalry with Sasuke, to the battles that have been fought in the world would have all changed dramatically. There is no telling what would truly have happened.
    Eh. Uchiha massacre happened after Obito became Tobi- Tobi, Madara, and Zetsu would all still be behind the scenes. We still don't know the absolute source of Oro/Kabuto's certain knowledge about things that are written on the Uchiha tablet, but I'm going to assume they could still learn all the things regardless of a massacre. In fact they'd have a much easier go of it with the whole clan still alive. Sasuke would be 99% less angsty. Danzou wouldn't have had a boring crutch in Izanagi.

Itachi never made much sense to me in canon anyway. Any time I read Part I it's like a totally different character, not the tortured, heroic soul he's portrayed as in Part II. This doesn't strike me as depth, it strikes me as Kishi changing his mind about a main villain way too far into the game. Like he seems to be doing now with Tobi.

Lets' turn this thread on it's head: what if Itachi had stayed a villain and there was never this whole 'actually a good guy' BS that Part II gave us?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto2011's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Exodi View Post
    No he didnt posses Talk no Jutsu

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member badluckartist's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Itachi described to Sasuke what happens to those who gain fantastic power: they become arrogant, distant, cold, etc. It's pretty clear he was describing himself at the time. Even more poignantly, I'm pretty sure that was chronologically just after he got his MS. "That" is simply the personality for the job- he didn't seem to want to lead and he made people fearful rather than inspired.

He and Nagato were perfect tools because they were followers who only found individuality during/after their respective deaths. Itachi had kage-level power and wisdom, but none of the heart. Guy turned his little brother into a hate-fueled dickbag because of his own guilt complex.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Exodi View Post
    The troll has spoken again.

---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by badluckartist View Post
    Itachi described to Sasuke what happens to those who gain fantastic power: they become arrogant, distant, cold, etc. It's pretty clear he was describing himself at the time. Even more poignantly, I'm pretty sure that was chronologically just after he got his MS. "That" is simply the personality for the job- he didn't seem to want to lead and he made people fearful rather than inspired.

He and Nagato were perfect tools because they were followers who only found individuality during/after their respective deaths. Itachi had kage-level power and wisdom, but none of the heart. Guy turned his little brother into a hate-fueled dickbag because of his own guilt complex.
    Your response is actually a perfect response for defending Naruto's Kage position in general. Although I agree with what you said, his attitude and personality obviously changed after clashing a few times with Naruto. That Itachi could pull it off, as well as any other character who gets some sort of enlightenment.
    Last edited by Roman; October 08, 2013 at 08:47 AM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto2011 View Post
    No he didnt posses Talk no Jutsu
    Actually he managed to talk no jutsu Naruto, same as Shikamaru did. Itachi's logic and wisdom knows no bounds, he was just far too cool to be kept alive.

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by badluckartist View Post
    Lets' turn this thread on it's head: what if Itachi had stayed a villain and there was never this whole 'actually a good guy' BS that Part II gave us?
    If Itachi was a villain this whole manga would have ended already, adding him to the list of bad guys would have been overkill.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post

If Itachi was a villain this whole manga would have ended already, adding him to the list of bad guys would have been overkill.
    Aside from Sasuke dying, I don't see how this manga would've changed THAT much.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

If Itachi stayed the bad guy, anyone who he faced would probably be dead. That means Naruto too, which means the manga ending a lot sooner.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

He needs Naruto alive though. He also never faced him head on, until he was an Edo at least.

New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast