Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Hokage Itachi?

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hokage Itachi?

He faced him when he and Kisame were using those bodies as themselves. But that aside, if he was genuinely evil, he would've used that intellect and power in a more quickly dispatching manner. He would remove all those who stand in the way of his plans, whatever those may be, as opposing to this version where he used a fraction of his powers without almost any desire to fight.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps. Well, considering Kishimoto's writing I doubt anyone would've died even if Hashirama was a villain.

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course, that's all mere speculation. Not to mention that if he truly wanted to acquire EMS, then the shit would truly hit the fan. Gotta say I agree, but if the manga was more of a Seinen than Shounen, more killings would be applied and this manga would be a lot better, in my opinion.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

It's true. The manga would've been far better if it was a Seinen.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    Itachi's ideals were the same as Hashirama's. While he'd be almost a perfect Hokage, he didn't have "that" something that Naruto has.
    I thought it was more like Tobirama's, considering he was willing to kill off the Uchiha for the village's health and safety. Hashirama would have tried anything to avoid that situation.

Itachi doesn't have the charisma or ability to connect with people that Naruto has, even if Itachi would have been popular. Kakashi and Naruto easily have that, and more can relate to Naruto than to Itachi.

I still stick by Itachi being too young to be hokage at 12. Even if he possessed tremendous wisdom, he wasn't as renown or experienced. Even though Gaara become a kage around 14-15, the village had no other viable candidate. Konoha does, although Itachi could have been one of them. Itachi as a hokage would have been kinda cool. No one short of Pain would dare attack the village, it'd be suicide.

Had Itachi had personality similar to Naruto or Kakashi's and their charisma, he'd probably be one of the best kage ever. Naruto is lucky he's not a villain, otherwise Itachi would have easily dispatched of almost everyone but Pain and Tobi.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    He needs Naruto alive though. He also never faced him head on, until he was an Edo at least.
    He needs naruto alive or he just cant kill naruto?

Naruto can't be killed by anyone, even if t'was itachi. I don't see a reason for the main character to be defeated by just a merely third rate character.

Yea, yea, itachi is awesome, but if he's a true villain then naruto will gonna kick his ass, no doubt and he'll be defeated in a fodder/ridiculous way. That's what anyone would get as naruto's enemy. It doesn't matter if they're stronger and awesome than naruto, they can't and they never will defeat/killed naruto. So meaning, this manga wouldn't end so soon just because itachi is bad villain.

Well, in fact, t'was the opposite, itachi will be defeated by naruto in a disgrace and ridiculous way. After all, itachi's abilities are no match to naruto's plot armor. And the fact that kishi would just let itachi to be dumb and stupid if he were to fight naruto to death like exactly obito and nagato.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I thought it was more like Tobirama's, considering he was willing to kill off the Uchiha for the village's health and safety. Hashirama would have tried anything to avoid that situation.

Itachi doesn't have the charisma or ability to connect with people that Naruto has, even if Itachi would have been popular. Kakashi and Naruto easily have that, and more can relate to Naruto than to Itachi.

I still stick by Itachi being too young to be hokage at 12. Even if he possessed tremendous wisdom, he wasn't as renown or experienced. Even though Gaara become a kage around 14-15, the village had no other viable candidate. Konoha does, although Itachi could have been one of them. Itachi as a hokage would have been kinda cool. No one short of Pain would dare attack the village, it'd be suicide.

Had Itachi had personality similar to Naruto or Kakashi's and their charisma, he'd probably be one of the best kage ever. Naruto is lucky he's not a villain, otherwise Itachi would have easily dispatched of almost everyone but Pain and Tobi.
    I honestly don't think personality has anything to do with being a Kage, there have been plenty of Kage's who are outright pricks and assholes but because they were powerful, wise, etc, they were respected and were made Kages.

Itachi had great wisdom, power, intelligence, and came from the Uchiha clan. He was an ANBU captain. The only knock on him was his age, but frankly given how intelligent and wise he was age was nothing but a number.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

8. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    I honestly don't think personality has anything to do with being a Kage, there have been plenty of Kage's who are outright pricks and assholes but because they were powerful, wise, etc, they were respected and were made Kages.

Itachi had great wisdom, power, intelligence, and came from the Uchiha clan. He was an ANBU captain. The only knock on him was his age, but frankly given how intelligent and wise he was age was nothing but a number.
    I agree with this. Given the fact that the guy had the Kage mentality at age 7, in his case, age would have been exactly that nothing but a number.

I mean I know that it's already been said, but Gaara became a Kage at what 13? Even if it is said that the sand village had no viable options, giving a 13-year-old that position, especially one of Gaara status, is a bit risky. Things just happen to work out in a way that didn't have drastic consequences.

So as much as the age argument is a thing when discussing whether or not Itachi would've made a great Kage, it really shouldn't be. Especially after these past few chapters.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I was answering Roman's question as to what Itachi was lacking. I think Danzou was the only downright horrible kage in the story.

Given Kakashi's intellect and wisdom, along with power, age should have been a number as well, unnecessary to point out.

Quote Originally Posted by KiSwordsman View Post
    I agree with this. Given the fact that the guy had the Kage mentality at age 7, in his case, age would have been exactly that nothing but a number.

I mean I know that it's already been said, but Gaara became a Kage at what 13? Even if it is said that the sand village had no viable options, giving a 13-year-old that position, especially one of Gaara status, is a bit risky. Things just happen to work out in a way that didn't have drastic consequences.

So as much as the age argument is a thing when discussing whether or not Itachi would've made a great Kage, it really shouldn't be. Especially after these past few chapters.
    As we saw at the Summit, Gaara didn't have as much respect, but he was the most powerful in the village while caring about his village. Itachi wasn't the only choice to become a hokage, we still had Kakashi and Shikaku.

Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

I was answering Roman's question as to what Itachi was lacking. I think Danzou was the only downright horrible kage in the story.

Given Kakashi's intellect and wisdom, along with power, age should have been a number as well, unnecessary to point out.
    Muu, The Third Raikage, 4th Kazekage, and what ever Mizukage's started the bloody mist ideals were all horrible people in one way or another. Tobirama wasn't exactly a saint either.

Point is, Itachi would be far from the worst. Just because he isn't a Care Bear doesn't mean much, he's more qualified than the majority of people who have been made Kages IMO.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

How were they horrible? They all still cared about their village and wanted it to prosper. Their actions were for the village, not necessarily for themselves. Didn't Madara have something to do with the Bloody Mist ideals?

But can he connect with people? Being nice or an ass doesn't matter, it's important to connect if one is truly to accept Itachi as hokage.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member badluckartist's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    He would remove all those who stand in the way of his plans, whatever those may be
    The way no villain in Naruto has ever done on-panel. Even Madara is a big dumb pussycat now. He may as well have been brought back ancient for all the not-slaughtering he's been doing, despite the fact that he's been perfectly equipped to wipe out all opposition sense breaking his ET contract with Kabuto. Pain came the closest, but even he was only described as absolutely ruthless. The Pain we got was not the Pain Kishi claimed he would be. I guess we saw Tobi kill Biwako... and Torune and Neji, but the latter two deaths were done solely to emphasize Tobi's mustache-twirling itself, not to actually achieve any villainous end. I don't think 'just being a dick' really counts, anyways. Villains don't act like real villains in Naruto, they're kids' villains. Much more so in Part II than in Part I, at least.

Speaking of, Hiruzen doesn't even know the guy who killed his wife is just right over there. Wonder if Minato will mention that lol

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

As we saw at the Summit, Gaara didn't have as much respect, but he was the most powerful in the village while caring about his village. Itachi wasn't the only choice to become a hokage, we still had Kakashi and Shikaku.
    Pffft and? The only reason that everything worked out for Gaara was because of Naruto. Hard it not been for their interaction, the sand would have been boned. So even if Gaara was the only viable option the sand had you're not gonna let a murderous psychopath run things just because he's the strongest in the place , right?

You could also take it from the angle of a prevention of the massacre. the fact that Itachi stood out to Hiruzen aswell. I mean we have reasons as to why Itachi would be picked over Shikaku and Kakashi. It wouldn't be some random choice when those characters still exist.

Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

How were they horrible? They all still cared about their village and wanted it to prosper. Their actions were for the village, not necessarily for themselves. Didn't Madara have something to do with the Bloody Mist ideals?

But can he connect with people? Being nice or an ass doesn't matter, it's important to connect if one is truly to accept Itachi as hokage.
    Itachi has shown he can connect with people, he did so with Sasuke, Naruto, Shusui, and even Kisame. Just because he was two faced and was playing himself as a cold blooded killer doesn't mean he can't connect. The fact he was an ANBU captain and had friends and could be loving shows all we need to know I think.

My point was the other Kages that I mentioned were hard asses who didn't bend and would often seem scary to those under them. Itachi's power was well known but he was a kind hearted man, unlike many of the other Kages.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KiSwordsman View Post
    Pffft and? The only reason that everything worked out for Gaara was because of Naruto. Hard it not been for their interaction, the sand would have been boned. So even if Gaara was the only viable option the sand had you're not gonna let a murderous psychopath run things just because he's the strongest in the place , right?

You could also take it from the angle of a prevention of the massacre. the fact that Itachi stood out to Hiruzen aswell. I mean we have reasons as to why Itachi would be picked over Shikaku and Kakashi. It wouldn't be some random choice when those characters still exist.
    but Gaara proved himself first, otherwise I doubt he'd have been kazekage if people still thought he was a murderous psychopath.

What reason? Both Kakashi and Itachi have shown great intelligence and abilities.

Itachi has shown he can connect with people, he did so with Sasuke, Naruto, Shusui, and even Kisame. Just because he was two faced and was playing himself as a cold blooded killer doesn't mean he can't connect. The fact he was an ANBU captain and had friends and could be loving shows all we need to know I think.

My point was the other Kages that I mentioned were hard asses who didn't bend and would often seem scary to those under them. Itachi's power was well known but he was a kind hearted man, unlike many of the other Kages.
    I dunno if he connected with Naruto or even Sasuke, considering Sasuke got annoyed at how he was treated when he was younger, but Shisui is the only true connection we know. One could argue Itachi and KIsame's relationship was based on respect, where Itachi was seen more like a leader of the duo when needed.

I don't know how most other kage were hard asses who didn't bend. I don't think anyone was scared of them either, from the looks of it.

New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast