Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Hokage Itachi?

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hokage Itachi?

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I thought it was more like Tobirama's, considering he was willing to kill off the Uchiha for the village's health and safety. Hashirama would have tried anything to avoid that situation.

Itachi doesn't have the charisma or ability to connect with people that Naruto has, even if Itachi would have been popular. Kakashi and Naruto easily have that, and more can relate to Naruto than to Itachi.

I still stick by Itachi being too young to be hokage at 12. Even if he possessed tremendous wisdom, he wasn't as renown or experienced. Even though Gaara become a kage around 14-15, the village had no other viable candidate. Konoha does, although Itachi could have been one of them. Itachi as a hokage would have been kinda cool. No one short of Pain would dare attack the village, it'd be suicide.

Had Itachi had personality similar to Naruto or Kakashi's and their charisma, he'd probably be one of the best kage ever. Naruto is lucky he's not a villain, otherwise Itachi would have easily dispatched of almost everyone but Pain and Tobi.
    What I meant was that Itachi inherited Hashirama's will of fire before anyone else and valued the village and peace above anything else. As Sasuke said, he understood Hashirama better than anyone else without even knowing him. Add his powers and intellect with that and you have an awesome Hokage.

That's probably true, although Itachi from the events in this war could've pulled it off.

I don't think age matters, Gaara is the perfect example of that. He only acted arrogant because he was more mature in those moments than any of those Kages there which is justified.

Exactly. Everyone lacks that which Naruto has, which puts them behind him when we talk about who should be the Hokage.

---------- Post added at 08:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by badluckartist View Post
    The way no villain in Naruto has ever done on-panel. Even Madara is a big dumb pussycat now. He may as well have been brought back ancient for all the not-slaughtering he's been doing, despite the fact that he's been perfectly equipped to wipe out all opposition sense breaking his ET contract with Kabuto. Pain came the closest, but even he was only described as absolutely ruthless. The Pain we got was not the Pain Kishi claimed he would be. I guess we saw Tobi kill Biwako... and Torune and Neji, but the latter two deaths were done solely to emphasize Tobi's mustache-twirling itself, not to actually achieve any villainous end. I don't think 'just being a dick' really counts, anyways. Villains don't act like real villains in Naruto, they're kids' villains. Much more so in Part II than in Part I, at least.

Speaking of, Hiruzen doesn't even know the guy who killed his wife is just right over there. Wonder if Minato will mention that lol
    That's why Naruto would've been SO MUCH better as Seinen. The characters whose power is described as being godly can't really deliver the experience of it to us readers without killing the right amount of other characters. Also one of the major reasons we have so many complaints, along with too much talking, buildups for another 10 buildups and whatnot. But that's the main problem with Shounen in general, not just Naruto.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member nitsthegame's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Regarding itachi, i have one query:

was he truly meant to be a good guy?

kishi messed the story big time in part 2 and that to some extent included messing up itachi's character

visit me here

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nitsthegame View Post

kishi messed the story big time in part 2 and that to some extent included messing up itachi's character
    He certainly didn't seem like it in part 1. But, in my opinion, Kishi making him a good guys is okay because of the gravity of that sacrifice he made. After all, he's the one who reverted Sasuke and gave Naruto wise words before he parted.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

but Gaara proved himself first, otherwise I doubt he'd have been kazekage if people still thought he was a murderous psychopath.

What reason? Both Kakashi and Itachi have shown great intelligence and abilities.
    I'm saying the only reason it worked out at all for him was due to his interactions with Naruto, it changed him. Otherwise being the strongest in his village wouldn't have meant crap if he was still going around murdering the citizens. Thusly, the sand village would be boned.

In summation, Naruto is the reason that Gaara was a "viable option" in the first place. Which is what I meant when I said that things happen to work out where there were no heavy consequences.

The Uchiha massacre to start. Even if there are characters like Kakashi ready for the position, that would be an actual reason to pick Itachi at the time over him. Given Itachi's own personality and attitude toward the village, it would have appeased the Uchiha clan, while at the same time ensuring that Hashirama's will be carried on instead of Madara's as Tobirama seemed to believe.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KiSwordsman View Post
    The Uchiha massacre to start. Even if there are characters like Kakashi ready for the position, that would be an actual reason to pick Itachi at the time over him. Given Itachi's own personality and attitude toward the village, it would have appeased the Uchiha clan, while at the same time ensuring that Hashirama's will be carried on instead of Madara's as Tobirama seemed to believe.
    This would be a perfect scenario to ensure everyone's happy.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marshall313 View Post
    He needs naruto alive or he just cant kill naruto?

I don't see a reason for the main character to be defeated by just a merely third rate character.
    Last edited by KingOfNight; October 09, 2013 at 04:48 AM.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    What I meant was that Itachi inherited Hashirama's will of fire before anyone else and valued the village and peace above anything else. As Sasuke said, he understood Hashirama better than anyone else without even knowing him. Add his powers and intellect with that and you have an awesome Hokage.

That's probably true, although Itachi from the events in this war could've pulled it off.

I don't think age matters, Gaara is the perfect example of that. He only acted arrogant because he was more mature in those moments than any of those Kages there which is justified.

Exactly. Everyone lacks that which Naruto has, which puts them behind him when we talk about who should be the Hokage.
    Oh. I agree, Itachi would be a great hokage, I actually see him, Kakashi, and Sasuke being more like Tobirama, and willing to stop someone like Danzou. Dunno if I should liken him to Hammurabi (?), but it kinda makes sense considering both are wise and fair.

I don't think Gaara acted arrogant at all. Again, I only say age plays a part solely due to one of the damiyo's adviser pointing out Kakashi's too young to become hokage, while someone else pointed out Minato was even younger. Interestingly, no Hiruzen being brought up though it's speculated he become a hokage before 21.

Dunno, Kakashi showed he has charisma as well, and he's extremely popular, even amongst the ladies. Both have shown to be able to make friends and inspire, though Naruto's much better at that because of his personality.
    Quote Originally Posted by nitsthegame View Post

Probably not, but Kishi kind of left that open. 3c pointed out how Sasuke in Part I mentioned crying, but he never said who. In the flashback after the fight between the brothers, we saw Itachi crying. It'd also explain why Itachi never tried to kill Kurenai, Asuma, and Kakashi and preferred to spare them, and why he didn't bother fighting Jiraiya.
    I'm saying the only reason it worked out at all for him was due to his interactions with Naruto, it changed him. Otherwise being the strongest in his village wouldn't have meant crap if he was still going around murdering the citizens. Thusly, the sand village would be boned.

In summation, Naruto is the reason that Gaara was a "viable option" in the first place. Which is what I meant when I said that things happen to work out where there were no heavy consequences.

True. Naruto made it possible for Gaara to be kazekage by changing him, otherwise Gaara would never have become a kazekage.

I'm not sure if everyone would be happy. Danzou and the elders wouldn't, and they might have conspired something. But, I highly doubt Itachi would have become hokage at the time, especially due to Danzou.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh. I agree, Itachi would be a great hokage, I actually see him, Kakashi, and Sasuke being more like Tobirama, and willing to stop someone like Danzou. Dunno if I should liken him to Hammurabi (?), but it kinda makes sense considering both are wise and fair.

I don't think Gaara acted arrogant at all. Again, I only say age plays a part solely due to one of the damiyo's adviser pointing out Kakashi's too young to become hokage, while someone else pointed out Minato was even younger. Interestingly, no Hiruzen being brought up though it's speculated he become a hokage before 21.

Dunno, Kakashi showed he has charisma as well, and he's extremely popular, even amongst the ladies. Both have shown to be able to make friends and inspire, though Naruto's much better at that because of his personality.
    This sounds kinda silly, but if they made Itachi a Hokage instead of Minato, the Uchiha massacre and Coup would've probably never come to action. If he had a reasoning of a Kage already then, he could've set in motion things that would prevent any ill intentions coming from the Uchiha. But yeah, that's another story.

Someone said he was arrogant so I replied. He actually proved to be wiser during that summit than any other Kage, despite the age. I think that with "young" they just meant that he wasn't ready. Otherwise, the other mentioned characters becoming Hokage at even younger age wouldn't make any sense.

Sure, but hey, are you really putting "being popular with the ladies" as a beneficial characteristic for becoming a Hokage? Haha. He's popular, but no one can be at the same level Naruto is, not by a long shot.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Sure, but hey, are you really putting "being popular with the ladies" as a beneficial characteristic for becoming a Hokage? Haha. He's popular, but no one can be at the same level Naruto is, not by a long shot.
    This isn't necessarily directed at your Roman but everyone in general. I think it needs to be understood that popularity =/= acknowledgement by the people.

Acknowledgement proves that you are seen as a strong, wise, intelligent and good candidate for Kage, something all Kage's need. This was Danzou's biggest downfall. He obviously had the power, intelligent and wisdom, but he lacked support.

Itachi for all intents and purposes would have of had A LOT of support, mainly from all of the Uchiha clan, ANBU, the past Hokage and any shinobi worth a damn in Konoha.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

True. Naruto made it possible for Gaara to be kazekage by changing him, otherwise Gaara would never have become a kazekage.

I'm not sure if everyone would be happy. Danzou and the elders wouldn't, and they might have conspired something. But, I highly doubt Itachi would have become hokage at the time, especially due to Danzou.

I have a feeling that this will spark an entirely different discussion, however, I'll say it anyway. Danzo is not Lucifer. Yes, the guy was selfish to an extent. However, his ultimate goal was the safety of the village, which even Sasuke was able to acknowledge. Danzo saw the Uchiha as a threat due to the information that Itachi provided, and acted accordingly. Even if he would've been pissy about it, there's nothing to suggest that he would've done anything about it anymore immediately than he did with Tsunade. Especially given the fact that this is Itachi were talking about. Who Based simply on the fact that he was doing what he was doing for the village, was not within the same category as his relatives.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

This sounds kinda silly, but if they made Itachi a Hokage instead of Minato, the Uchiha massacre and Coup would've probably never come to action. If he had a reasoning of a Kage already then, he could've set in motion things that would prevent any ill intentions coming from the Uchiha. But yeah, that's another story.
    Itachi was far too young to be the hokage though, and his power at the least wouldn't have been even on the jounin level. If the political power got taken away for no reason, the coup could have likely been planned; not even Itachi being a hokage could prevent the coup if the Uchiha felt cheated. Plus, Tobi could have likely succeeded with his attack on the village, and Itachi, being 5, wouldn't be able to do anything.

Quote Quote:
    Someone said he was arrogant so I replied. He actually proved to be wiser during that summit than any other Kage, despite the age. I think that with "young" they just meant that he wasn't ready. Otherwise, the other mentioned characters becoming Hokage at even younger age wouldn't make any sense.
    How old were the other characters when they became hokage? I think all we know is that Minato was younger than 31 when he became hokage and was only selected because Orochimaru was too suspicious to be trusted.

Quote Quote:
    Nope, just an example.
    I have a feeling that this will spark an entirely different discussion, however, I'll say it anyway. Danzo is not Lucifer. Yes, the guy was selfish to an extent. However, his ultimate goal was the safety of the village, which even Sasuke was able to acknowledge. Danzo saw the Uchiha as a threat due to the information that Itachi provided, and acted accordingly. Even if he would've been pissy about it, there's nothing to suggest that he would've done anything about it anymore immediately than he did with Tsunade. Especially given the fact that this is Itachi were talking about. Who Based simply on the fact that he was doing what he was doing for the village, was not within the same category as his relatives.
    Danzou seems to have wanted power though, otherwise why would he have Hiruzen killed, not care about Tsunade dying, and be wiling to sacrifice a lot of Konoha citizens? Danzou even prevented SHisui from using his Mangekyo to try and sway the Uchiha leaders into not doing a coup.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Danzou seems to have wanted power though, otherwise why would he have Hiruzen killed, not care about Tsunade dying, and be wiling to sacrifice a lot of Konoha citizens? Danzou even prevented SHisui from using his Mangekyo to try and sway the Uchiha leaders into not doing a coup.
    When did he have Hiruzen killed? just because he and Orochimaru were associates doesn't mean he arranged the attack or collaborated with him during. The Tsunade and Shisui bit, like I said, selfish to an extent. Plus Shisui wasn't doing what Itachi was, being a double agent. Thus proving that he wasn't one of those insane o flex Uchihas. And like I said, even if he would have been pissy about it, there isn't anything to indicate that any action taken would have been any more immediate than with Tsunade.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it's implied by the Raikage that Danzou had something to do with Orochimaru's attack on Konoha and ultimately HIruzen's death. Danzou's refusal to have Shisui try to solve problems basically showed that Danzou was planning to and did want to exterminate the Uchiha. Why would he otherwise try to take Shisui's eye forcibly?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Why would he otherwise try to take Shisui's eye forcibly?
    Because it's unimaginably haxxed?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it's implied by the Raikage that Danzou had something to do with Orochimaru's attack on Konoha and ultimately HIruzen's death. Danzou's refusal to have Shisui try to solve problems basically showed that Danzou was planning to and did want to exterminate the Uchiha. Why would he otherwise try to take Shisui's eye forcibly?
    Ei Also believed that Orochimaru was still a part of the Akatsuki; we know that couldn't be further from the truth. So yes, it's implied but all it is is outside intuition of what's going on within another village, it's by no means fact at all. Danzo's refusal to try and let Shisui solve the problem had everything to do with him being a "crazy Uchiha" who had unlocked the mangekyo sharingan (according to Tobirama, he had to be insane by then right?) and could have just as easily said "my family is more important" and used that unbelievably broken power against the village. Like I said, he wasn't doing what Itachi was to prove himself. Thusly, why would he trust him?

I know it's easy to see Danzo as Satan, but he's really not. And I'll say it once again, even if he had a problem with Itachi becoming Hokage, there is nothing to indicate that he would have done anything more immediately than what he did with Tsunade, which took a number of years.
    Last edited by KiSwordsman; October 10, 2013 at 04:19 PM.

New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast