Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: One Piece Personal Favorite Quotes

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member khaja_200923's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

One Piece Personal Favorite Quotes

In this thread we write our favorite one piece quotes and dialogues:

"Once you're born into this world, you're never going to be alone" - Jaguar D. Saul

"There can be no happiness in a world where the undesirables are thrown away" - Monkey D. Dragon

"I don't think he will forgive us for dying so irresponsibly, and would yell into the skies if his voice could, because of our selfish promise, THAT DEATH ISN'T AN APOLOGY......!! BECAUSE A MAN ONCE SAID..!! THAT THEY WOULD ABSOLUTELY COME BACK!!! " - Brook

"The "New Era" they talk about is shit. The age where pirates dream is over!? Eh!? Oi!? (Zehahahahaha) PEOPLE'S DREAM NEVER END! AM I RIGHT? - Marshal D. Teach

"Dogs that run away to lick their wounds have no right to speak of justice. That is a rule of this sea. Now, why don't you go back to your Marine headquarters and discuss your justice some more?!" - Sir Crocodile

"The weak can't even pick their way to die!" - Trafalgar Law

"No matter how many there are or how strong they look, if you don't fight back you're not a man! You're not a pirate!" - Monkey D. Luffy.

"When I decided to become the greatest swordsman in the world, I threw away the rest of my life" - Roronoa Zoro

"My treasure? if you want it, you can have it! Find it! I left everything this world has to offer there!" - Gol D. Roger
    Last edited by khaja_200923; October 09, 2013 at 02:36 AM.
    https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-ESa1mK9qEH4/Tqc81G0QU-I/AAAAAAAAAAg/JKUClDfeZNk/w550-h478-no/kyuubisagechakramode+by+khaja_200923.JPG

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece Personal Favorite Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by khaja_200923 View Post
    In this thread we write our favorite one piece quotes and dialogues:
    No matter how many there are or how strong they look, if you don't fight back you're not a man! You're not a pirate!" - Monkey D. Luffy
    when does he say this? @ ussop's village?
    the artist reveals and i revel.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member leiatte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Isn't there a thread like this somewhere, but oh well.

"Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!" Doflamingo

"When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No! When he suffers a disease? No! When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No! A man dies when he is forgotten!" Dr. Hiruluk

although I like to rephrase Dr. Hiruluks to A man doesn't die when he's dead, he dies when he's forgotten!

5. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member khaja_200923's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by takneeque View Post
    when does he say this? @ ussop's village?
    he says this to shanks when he was a kid in the bar.
    https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-ESa1mK9qEH4/Tqc81G0QU-I/AAAAAAAAAAg/JKUClDfeZNk/w550-h478-no/kyuubisagechakramode+by+khaja_200923.JPG

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Allow to me just show to you all the greatest quote in all of One Piece. Something that should be added to the literature they teach kids at school:

Quote Quote:
    "Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!"
    --Donquixote Doflamingo

9. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by leiatte View Post

"Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!" Doflamingo

"When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No! When he suffers a disease? No! When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No! A man dies when he is forgotten!" Dr. Hiruluk

although I like to rephrase Dr. Hiruluks to A man doesn't die when he's dead, he dies when he's forgotten!
    Doflamingo got the best sentences of the whole manga. The guy is almost always entertaining.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Without any ranking:

Rayleigh: "My apprentice is setting sail. Do as you please but I would suggest that you do no cross this line."

Sanji: "He's friends ... with that empress ...?!! OH, YOU'D BETTER HAVE BEEN TRAINING HARD!!! ... do you have any idea?!! any idea what I've ...?!!"

Buggy: "Hmph, as if pathetic snot-nosed Marines could ever ... WHO JUST SAID MY NOSE IS SNOT-NOSED!?"

Zoro: "Sight, Sound, Smell, Taste, Touch, Thought... The 6 Senses are sometimes good, evil or neutral! Each of them can be pure or tainted...!! They make up the thirty-six passions of life. As of now, you may have a pistol ... But it's a cannon I'm aiming at you! In both range andpower, my weapon is superior. You've done well, but... you're a dead man!"

Zoro: "If I can't even protect my Captain's dream, then whatever ambition I have is nothing but just talk! Luffy ... must be the man who becomes the King of Pirates!!!"

Kuzan: "Absolute Justice ... sometimes drives a man insane. ... I've decided to let you escape from this island ... A 'seed' that Saul protected .... I wonder what it'll become ... It's none of my business against whom you'll bear a grudge, but be glad that you have your life now. In the future ... try to live a life as ordinary as possible."

But still, straight on top of all is this one.

Oda: "There just happened to be a big piece of floating wood under Mr. 3's body. Mr. 3 was floating on top of it. Anyway, on average, the buoyancy of a human is about three splays. A sumo wrestler's is about five splays. But that huge piece of wood was especially magnificent and had a record buoyancy of 13 splays. That's according to Floatus Stretchington."

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Regino's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by leiatte View Post

Those two plus Shanks'
    Quote Quote:
    YListen well Bandits... You can whip food or sake at me or even spit on me. I can laugh it of.. but I don't care what reasons you have!! I won't forgive anyone who messes with my friends
    Doffy's quote being my all time favorite in all mangas. It expresses something more than just mere entertainment. It is a deeply philosophical question... Who defines what is justice/injustice or right/wrong? As easy and logic his remarks are they can make people think about their own perception of reality and justice and thats why I like this quote so much
    "It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning."

Henry Ford

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hiluluk: "Take care, stupid son"

Luffy: "I ate them all"

Sanji: "God creates food, and the devil creates the seasoning"

Bon Kurei: "You might have live wrongly as a man, or you might have lived wrongly as a woman; in the end it's still a way of human. We may part under the real blue sky, but the okama kempo will strive"

Crocodile, spanish version of the last left panel of this page: "Si vas a proteger a alguien hazlo bien; no dejes que ese hijueputa se salga con la suya". (Trans: if you're going to protect someone, do it properly; don't let this son of a bitch to get what he wants".

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MBVC's Avatar
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

Sanji said the coolest phase after he was zapped by Eneru.

I realized that I am merely a conscience programmed into a game.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member RedBerserk's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Regino View Post
    Those two plus Shanks'

Doffy's quote being my all time favorite in all mangas. It expresses something more than just mere entertainment. It is a deeply philosophical question... Who defines what is justice/injustice or right/wrong? As easy and logic his remarks are they can make people think about their own perception of reality and justice and thats why I like this quote so much
    I don't want to start an argument, but this was a quote by Deathmask from Saint Seiya... in the world of mangas at least, because it's a concept known as victor's justice irl http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victor's_justice
    Anyway, some of my favourite quotes:
    Franky: They say your very existence is a crime, but no matter what weapon you hold that alone is never a crime. IT'S NEVER A CRIME TO EXIST.
    Zoro: When the world shoves you around, you've just gotta stand up and shove back. It isn't like you can do anything just by giving excuses. If I die, then I am just a man who can only make it this far.
    Robin: If it's really okay... for me to have one little wish... then I... I WANNA LIVE! TAKE ME TO THE SEA WITH YOU!

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member enmymiguel's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Zoro-When you cross paths with a beast, are there any
    guarantees... that you won't be mauled by it

Kizaru- have you ever been kick at the speed of light.

Both badass
    I must create a real village, until i demonstrate what a real kage is. I cant Die!

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member KuroKarasu's Avatar
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

"Oi, Ben Beckmaaaaan." - Kizaru

This scene alone shows Kizaru's character. Just purely awesome.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Zoro: Nothing...nothing at all...!!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheLuffySmile's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

1. "pops gave us a place to belong to! You will never understand the old man's greatness!! Don't insult our saviour!! The name of this era!! Is called WHITEBEARD!!" - Portgas D. Ace.
    2. "I have already decided, that this will be a good place to mount my headstone!" - Jinbe
    3. Akainu, the danger potential he possesses that you're trying to kill him for right now. And the great expectations that we want to keep alive are the same, aren't they!?" - Marco the phoenix.

Those are just some of the many great speeches.
    Last edited by TheLuffySmile; October 14, 2013 at 03:12 PM.
    The three brothers

23. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast