Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma , One Piece 764 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is Don Flamingo the best villain thus far in One Piece ?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MBVC's Avatar
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Don Flamingo the best villain thus far in One Piece ?

"When luffy heard about BB in this arc, he nearly didn't react even though he is also responsible for the death of his brother & the destruction of chopper's land"

Please don't blame BB for Ace dead. Ace was killed because he was stubborn, he thought he could beat the crap out of Akainu but he wasn't powerful enough. Honestly speaking, he made huge mistakes twice, I really don't understand why Ace thought he could finish BB easily base on his inexperience in both skills and power. Of course he saved Luffy by fighting BB but he really shouldn't have fought with Akainu in that situation. Defending WB's honor makes sense if and only if he'd had the ability to win not by loosing his life meaninglessly. Luffy is only a little bit more realistic when he decided to run from smoker or ordered his crew to run away from both Aokiji and Kizaru.

Only Akainu was serious and a jack@$$ during the war, both Aokiji and Kizaru had several chances to kill Luffy but both of them just stopped him from moving forward because they all knew Garp would have hunted them down afterward if Luffy died. Aokiji could have frozen both Jinbei and Luffy on the ice (Aokiji > Jinbei on ice) and Kizaru could have aimed at Luff's big head instead of that small key.

Even gods could not be absolutely certain whether they existed at the most fundamental level of reality or were themselves simulated.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity weixiaobao's Avatar
    i am reside within a creature that is bias
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MBVC View Post
    Please don't blame BB for Ace dead.
    That part bother me a bit. But I could make some sense out of Ace, if WhiteBeard didn't sacrifice himself, then maybe things will turn out for a different. What Akainu pretty much did was spitting on Whitebeard face when WhiteBeard is making the most selfless decision. And maybe because of Ace that they got into that mess in the first place, he felt that he had to do something. I supposed that is something in the spur of the moment and you can't think clearly because you are so clouded with your emotions. When Ace die, I recall a large portion of One Piece fans in mangahelpers were piss and felt that he die for no reason. I could understand that sentiment.

The whole Akainu and Aojiki dynamic is very interesting. In the overall picture, I still have trouble seeing Akainu as a villain like Magellan. But if he keeps up his good work on Marineford, I may change this opinion.

Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

I really don't mind him defending WB's honor, but at least he had to win otherwise it's really stupid to die without any damage to the insulter. To sum it all up, Ace was an ignorant bastard, he overestimated himself and underestimated both BB and Aikainu.

Luffy did the same thing when he punched a CD, if he asked Sanji to think up a plan to kidnap that CD for saving Camie & Hacchi then it's harder for the marine to know who did it, those underlings who worked for CD were weaklings, I think Sanji, Robin and Usopp (these 3 are quite efficient doing sneaky things) were more than enough handling the rescue operation, but I guess bunching a CD is much more cooler than kidnapping one, not to mention Luffy dislikes any kind of kidnapping too.
    Last edited by MBVC; October 12, 2013 at 07:59 PM.

Even gods could not be absolutely certain whether they existed at the most fundamental level of reality or were themselves simulated.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I really don't mind him defending WB's honor, but at least he had to win otherwise it's really stupid to die without any damage to the insulter. To sum it all up, Ace was an ignorant bastard, he overestimated himself and underestimated both BB and Aikainu.
    I don't recall the exact details. When that chapter came out a lot of people share your sentiments, but funnily enough, with the passage of time, people look at Ace's death quite fondly. Part of it is within Ace's nature (the good + the bad). I meant he was reckless enough to go up against Whitebeard in the first place. Beside he isn't the smartest tool in the shed anyhow. Even now, I thought it was brilliant that Oda kill Ace before Whitebeard to f*ck with people's head. As far as characters' behaviors and if they acted natural up until the moment of Akainu killed Ace, I am leaning toward "yes, the whole thing sort of logical." But I could understand the criticism that Ace's death is flaw.

But boy, BlackBeard sure have a lot of guts. He need the government to be on his side after offending WhiteBeard. On that meant time, he fled to Paradise when WhiteBeard had much less influence in as opposed to the New World while he gather up followers. But he took so much risks too. If WhiteBeard had send Marco or Jozu or even Vista (or 2 and 3 of the commanders), then Blackbeard would be in big trouble. Though at time, I felt BlackBeard is more of a background element of the plot instead of a villain. He will be one sooner or later. Now that I think about it I don't really hate a villain in One Piece. In some series (manga/books/tv/movies), there are great villains that make your blood boil with rage and you just want to beat the shit out of them. I don't feel that way about One Piece villains.

Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

At least BB left Ace alive so that WB could rescue him, and they almost succeeded only if Ace decided to go all out revenge for WB after the war, maybe in 1-2 years then he'd have died honor with his full pride. What BB told WB was true that he didn't kill Ace only WB failed to save him, that's all.

I only dislike Spandam for being a f**head, I was quite disappointed that Robin didn't break several of his limbs but I really don't want him dead of course. Hody receives his punishment from those pills, Akainu was used by BB to create another bigger monster and he has to deal with the huge consequences afterward.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

At least BB left Ace alive so that WB could rescue him, and they almost succeeded only if Ace decided to go all out revenge for WB after the war, maybe in 1-2 years then he'd have died honor with his full pride. What BB told WB was true that he didn't kill Ace only WB failed to save him, that's all.
    Okay, this is what Mr. Seaferer didn't get in his post. Things change, characters change to adopt. BlackBeard wants the shichibukai title to get access to Impel Down. But he didn't plan on capturing Ace, and because of Ace he got to start the whole war and draw out WhiteBeard. He made a huge gamble on WhiteBeard dying but it pay off big time. Like wise, Rob Lucci and companions were dutifully follow their duty and then Nico Robin show up and speed up the whole process. If I am recall correctly, once Nico Robin show up, Spandam changed their order (which more like hurry up, maybe it may be even be in the background and not on the panels). Rob Lucci's assassination of Iceburg guy was a pretty good plan for the objective that he wanted.

Quote Quote:
    I only dislike Spandam for being a f**head, I was quite disappointed that Robin didn't break several of his limbs but I really don't want him dead of course. Hody receives his punishment from those pills, Akainu was used by BB to create another bigger monster and he has to deal with the huge consequences afterward.
    I don't think people supposed to like Spandam, he was meant to be hate with his pettiness. Meaphe pointed out something that was I overlooked about Hody. Hody is a cheater lol. But of all of the villains, Hody's original plan was doom to fail since the start and may even jeopardize fishmen even more if he succeed. Once the drugs kick in, he would be too old and weak to led the fishmen. And they would pretty much consume by Big Mam or other forces.

Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

"I don't think people supposed to like Spandam, he was meant to be hate with his pettiness. Meaphe pointed out something that was I overlooked about Hody. Hody is a cheater lol. But of all of the villains, Hody's original plan was doom to fail since the start and may even jeopardize fishmen even more if he succeed. Once the drugs kick in, he would be too old and weak to led the fishmen. And they would pretty much consume by Big Mam or other forces."

I believe he tried to erase the WG out of its existence then he went after yonkou, of course he was both ignorant and arrogant about his strength, any admiral could defeat him with one only hit. Oh well, it seems like Hody caught the same disease as Arlong about fishmen being all time powerful.

Another character with both ignorant and arrogant was Eneru, because he stayed too far way from NW that he didn't really know how to be scared by real monsters living down below. Lol, he never thought there existed another being who was his natural enemy from the start. Honestly speaking, Eneru can reach admiral level if he learns how to use CoO and CoA properly, with enough long intensive training I even think Eneru > DD.

I'm not sure about the volcano vs lighting part (with a big assumption that Eneru can use both CoO and CoA), this is an open debate for future topic when Eneru returns back to the planet.
    Last edited by MBVC; October 12, 2013 at 08:57 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jimtors's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

DD is a good Villain since he's probably the only one that is not underestimating the SHs. And he's the only one that's been actually chasing the protagonists rather than being chased. and to top it all off, He is freakishly strong.lol

oh yet there's one more, He's subordinates believe like the SHs believe luffy to become the Pirate King!wow

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 7pac View Post
    I honestly prefer Akainu tbh.
    I'm not sure if Akainu is a villain in classic sense. Though I suppose if villains are people who oppose the main characters no matter what affiliation, he could be considered one.

I think Doflamingo is one of the best villains so far. He's far more philosophical anyway, and I like it. I would love if he showed a more cruel, evil streak, but nothing like the Celestial Dragons. It's cool to see a charismatic villain who has loyal followers though, IMO it gives some sort of indication of what Luffy can do once he really masters or capitalizes on his conqueror's haki and personality.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Artists of MH 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FaustXIII's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

It's Akainu for me too.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member BetaRuler's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing I wonder about is why the different treatment between his crewmen and people like Bellamy or Disco-San'' who followed him loyally but then he suddenly abandoned them.

When it came to people like Baby-5, even though she attacked him, he let her go to rescue Caeser and even rescued their bodies later from the marines... (though as Shichibukai they would probably have been pardoned and released later anyway... maybe). Then with art lady too in the latest chapter...

But when it came to Disco and Bellamy he really treated them as nothing more than trash. Perhaps there's more to be revealed behind why he did treat some of them like trash and why his "crew" are treated as so much more special though... There's still a lot more secrets hiding behind that grin of DF's...

Artists of MH 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FaustXIII's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I think most his crewmates are his slaves growing up as a tenryuubito he had many slaves. Then eventually he ran the slave auction house.

He treat them as slaves.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure if he did treat Bellamy like crap considering Bellamy's still alive and has a chance to redeem himself. Bellamy is even taking up on that chance with no signs of anger towards Doflamingo, as far as I know or recall.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FaustXIII View Post
    I think most his crewmates are his slaves growing up as a tenryuubito he had many slaves. Then eventually he ran the slave auction house.

He treat them as slaves.
    Don't think so. Oda's drawing of him as a child shows him in rags. I think he never had the perks of Tenryuubito while he was growing up.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member senadtm87's Avatar
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

BB>DD , so NO!

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast