Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Is Don Flamingo the best villain thus far in One Piece ?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Don Flamingo the best villain thus far in One Piece ?

Quote Originally Posted by weixiaobao View Post
    That part bother me a bit. But I could make some sense out of Ace, if WhiteBeard didn't sacrifice himself, then maybe things will turn out for a different. What Akainu pretty much did was spitting on Whitebeard face when WhiteBeard is making the most selfless decision. And maybe because of Ace that they got into that mess in the first place, he felt that he had to do something. I supposed that is something in the spur of the moment and you can't think clearly because you are so clouded with your emotions. When Ace die, I recall a large portion of One Piece fans in mangahelpers were piss and felt that he die for no reason. I could understand that sentiment.

The whole Akainu and Aojiki dynamic is very interesting. In the overall picture, I still have trouble seeing Akainu as a villain like Magellan. But if he keeps up his good work on Marineford, I may change this opinion.
    well techinically akainu and magellan are just doing their job

so i agree that they arent really villains

however i feel akainu will be a villain in the future

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by senadtm87 View Post
    BB>DD , so NO!
    overall BB will be the ultimate villain in this show

however i actually view blackbeard as just a true pirate

and he has not been the focus or the main villain of an arc yet

BB will have his day soon enough

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I'm not sure if he did treat Bellamy like crap considering Bellamy's still alive and has a chance to redeem himself. Bellamy is even taking up on that chance with no signs of anger towards Doflamingo, as far as I know or recall.
    he definitely put bellamy in his place

but i believe DD is good to those who work for him and do their jobs well

look at how he reacted when law had that art lady hostage, he actually cares for his underlings

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member rampeg's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

the greatest villain ever in one piece is the "god" Enel.

Artists of MH 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FaustXIII's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

My ranking would be (so far)

1. Akainu
    2. Eneru
    3. Crocodile
    4. Doflamingo
    5. Blackbeard

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

This may sound biased because Doflamingo is one of my favourite characters, but I really do think he's one of the most complex antagonists we've had so far.

At first he was shown pitting Bellamy and Sarkies against each other, which made people believe he's just like all the other villains... until we were shown several examples of how he actually cares for his subordinates later on. Even in the latest chapters, he was trying not to have Jora be harmed by Law. I find it interesting why he would be portrayed as a good leader all of a sudden. Perhaps there's a deeper meaning behind this?

His past is also something to take note: he was born a Tenryuubito who later discarded that status but somehow still has the same privileges as a pirate. If there's a flashback to his past, I think his will be the first where we get a glimpse into the childhood of a villain. It will hopefully answer why he stopped being a World Noble, why he seemed to have ended up on the streets, and why he holds the worldview he has. ("Only the strong survives" and "kids who know war and kids who don't have different values")

Blackbeard and Akainu are cool characters, but they're your typical villains with little to no redeeming qualities. With Doflamingo, I hate to label him as a "villain" because I think he's much more than that.

5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Crocodile was pretty bada**, I thought. Doflamingo hasn't been that interesting to me. I hope, Oda reveals Kaidou next year.

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3