Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Fanservice in Fairy Tail

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fanservice in Fairy Tail

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    i will agree that this was poor choice in timing for fan service

not complaining about seeing flares boobies, as i believe most male fans , (and probably alot of female fans) all share this opinion

however it certainly takes away from the seriousness of the moment when something dramatical is happening

this is mashimas choice , and he certianly has that right because he is the mangaka

but we arent all going to agree with everything our favorite authors do, honestly FT is still one of my favorites even with the occasional poorly timed and placed FanService
    What people totally look past is that this is not some random poorly timed fanservice. Its his intention. He captured 2 intentions in 1 scene, her face really does show the sad/happy face about being home etc. While at the same time showing off her chest. But then again she was already wearing that dress. So what should he do? Make a face only shot?? any angle would be wrong so he just took the 1 he got 2 intentions at the same time. Its nothing bad.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tonix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ca12nag3 View Post
    What people totally look past is that this is not some random poorly timed fanservice. Its his intention. He captured 2 intentions in 1 scene, her face really does show the sad/happy face about being home etc. While at the same time showing off her chest. But then again she was already wearing that dress. So what should he do? Make a face only shot?? any angle would be wrong so he just took the 1 he got 2 intentions at the same time. Its nothing bad.
    She's staring upwards at the giants, but Mashima is showing us under boob. Why are her breasts being pressed upwards like that when she's just standing there? It looks like she is hanging upside down. The panel doesn't even make physical sense, if Mashima was trying to do anything but show as much breast as he possible, he would have used a sensible angle, and we would have seen top boob instead of under boob, the most ecchi of all boob. Instead we somehow see the bottom of Flare's breasts while simultaneously seeing the top of her face.

Again, this isn't fanservice, its an ecchi author putting ecchi panels into his ecchi manga. Nothing wrong with it, but lets stop pretending here.
    Last edited by Tonix; November 13, 2013 at 05:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    PS. To bad you are not 4 years older and living in my country as i would love to exchange ideas over a drink :P
    Tell the emperor that my hall has fallen to the ground. Phoibos no longer has his house, nor his mantic bay, nor his prophetic spring; the water has dried up.- Pythia of Delphi

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tonix View Post
    She's staring upwards at the giants, but Mashima is showing us under boob. Why are her breasts being pressed upwards like that when she's just standing there? It looks like she is hanging upside down. The panel doesn't even make physical sense, if Mashima was trying to do anything but show as much breast as he possible, he would have used a sensible angle, and we would have seen top boob instead of under boob, the most ecchi of all boob. Instead we somehow see the bottom of Flare's breasts while simultaneously seeing the top of her face.

Again, this isn't fanservice, its an ecchi author putting ecchi panels into his ecchi manga. Nothing wrong with it, but lets stop pretending here.
    ?

Shes crying looking down. Its her in crying position.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

that is a very politically correct way to look at it

gotta love the optimistic perspective on cleavage exposure

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

that is a very politically correct way to look at it

gotta love the optimistic perspective on cleavage exposure
    Its not its just that you see both the emotional + the fanservice in 1 picture. Its a observance rather then just seeing 1 or the other. If you got a problem with seeing cleavage i suppose manga isnt your forte

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Its not its just that you see both the emotional + the fanservice in 1 picture. Its a observance rather then just seeing 1 or the other. If you got a problem with seeing cleavage i suppose manga isnt your forte
    yea but the argument is that one takes away from the other

panels about fan service should be light hearted or humorous moments

and crying in the dramatic fashion that flare was crying should be more serious

however with that being said mashima does a great job (especially this current arc) and i love his writing

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

yea but the argument is that one takes away from the other

panels about fan service should be light hearted or humorous moments

and crying in the dramatic fashion that flare was crying should be more serious

however with that being said mashima does a great job (especially this current arc) and i love his writing
    If thats your opinion, dont read manga? Buy some novels, and then buy some art books for the art. Point is were reading manga, its written and drawn. If the author wants to show us something he/she just does. No questions asked. I buy my manga even tho i can read it online for free. Seems appreciating it for what it is is not good enough and we as readers should be overly critical on something we all know will be in it (namingly fanservice on odd places) Its his choice to do so. Dont want to read then dont.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If thats your opinion, dont read manga? Buy some novels, and then buy some art books for the art. Point is were reading manga, its written and drawn. If the author wants to show us something he/she just does. No questions asked. I buy my manga even tho i can read it online for free. Seems appreciating it for what it is is not good enough and we as readers should be overly critical on something we all know will be in it (namingly fanservice on odd places) Its his choice to do so. Dont want to read then dont.
    there is absolutely no chance of me not reading the FT manga!!!

i never said the Fanservice bothered me that much, all i am doing is playing devils advocate by presenting why the people against the fanservice feel the way they do

i dont like it in certain scenarios, however i am a fan of the female body, and i am a fan of mashimas artistic ability

---------- Post added December 06, 2013 at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was November 19, 2013 at 09:16 AM ----------

new approach to this thread

instead of talking about the negative aspects of fan service

how about we celebrate it!!!

ok here is a nice shot of our beloved lisanna strauss in this weeks current chapter (tagged per 24 hour rule)

Spoiler show

this demon from tartaros also has a nice panel

Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Celebrate Fan Service? How dare you!!!!

Haven't we learned in this thread, that we're just a bunch of pervs who shouldn't live out something that needs to be damned at all costs? Naked skin, big breasts. Disgusting! I mean, everywhere Fan Service comes up, the story becomes extremely horrible no matter what actually happens. Fan service panels are really disgusting and show nothing but boobs. And we all need to cry out loud as if there was nothing else to whine about anywhere else.

BTW, you missed out Lucy's torn clothes ...

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    Celebrate Fan Service? How dare you!!!!

Haven't we learned in this thread, that we're just a bunch of pervs who shouldn't live out something that needs to be damned at all costs? Naked skin, big breasts. Disgusting! I mean, everywhere Fan Service comes up, the story becomes extremely horrible no matter what actually happens. Fan service panels are really disgusting and show nothing but boobs. And we all need to cry out loud as if there was nothing else to whine about anywhere else.

BTW, you missed out Lucy's torn clothes ...
    Ok ill go back and add it to my post!!!

Im probably gonna go back and get some of my favorite awesome panels from the past and make a meseum of mashimas awesome art out of this thread

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing about fanservice this week?!
    Honestly, after this week chapter, I was expecting 3 more pages in this thread!

I guess it was kinda working with the plot this time, so it isn't that bad.
    Last edited by THM Nindo; December 29, 2013 at 12:43 AM.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    Nothing about fanservice this week?!
    Honestly, after this week chapter, I was expecting 3 more pages in this thread!

I guess it was kinda working with the plot this time, so it isn't that bad.
    i was loving the naked eraz panels

wow that was awesome hopefully natsu sees her like that and says something about it

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

i was loving the naked eraz panels

wow that was awesome hopefully natsu sees her like that and says something about it
    I doubt it. It is not a comical scene. Shes naked with scars all over her, pissed herself and is crying out in pain. What we will see is Natsu in rage x10. If anything could get him angry its his *sister* being hurt and humiliated like this.
    Hes gonna kill some people if he had the ability to do so but that i doubt atm.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I like it. It brings about more attention to the manga and humor to the comedy relief.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Nonlife's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a bit more excessive than in Hiro's earlier works, and who knows how much he'll take it in his next 'masterpiece.'

New Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7