Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vergo

7 58.33%
  • Franky

5 41.67%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vergo VS Franky (shogun included)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheLuffySmile's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Vergo VS Franky (shogun included)

Donquixote pirates first mate: Vergo

vs

Strawhat pirates shipwright and fighter: Franky
    Last edited by TheLuffySmile; October 12, 2013 at 08:43 AM.
    The three brothers

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vergo VS Franky (shogun included)

You really care about Vergo, huh?

Anyway, I think that Vergo wins this one.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Well, at the moment I'm going with the theme "Vergo VS".
    Yeah me 2, but I wonder how the shogun's special alloy would fair against Vergo's haki imbued bamboo. Vergo is really fast, But as Bellamy stated, Franky hasn't shown us his all yet. If Vergo gets hit by the radical beam it's goodnight Vergo San.
    Last edited by TheLuffySmile; October 14, 2013 at 12:55 AM.
    The three brothers

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Bellamy's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Vergo is strong. Franky is a Strawhat. He's a cyborg. He hasn't show yet his full potential, not even close, I'm sure of that. He's less funky since time-skip, but he's still one of my favorites by far. I'm sure one laser beam could do it. So, Franky without any hesitation.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tonix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Vergo loses to Franky's beam? Does he lose to pacifistas as well then? :
    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    PS. To bad you are not 4 years older and living in my country as i would love to exchange ideas over a drink :P
    Tell the emperor that my hall has fallen to the ground. Phoibos no longer has his house, nor his mantic bay, nor his prophetic spring; the water has dried up.- Pythia of Delphi

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think there actually exists a proper defense for the beam so far. The issue with the beam is not the enemy physically resisting it IMO but rather hitting the enemy with it. I don't think a pacifista would actually ever hit someone of actual power with the beam. I would lean towards franky being well stronger than a pacifista for that matter. I don't really have a clue of this one although I admit I lean towards vergo. Vergo is pretty strong and actually had an edge over sanji who is supposed to be franky's superior at the crew. Then again sanji was pretty hurt. I don't think the general is that big a deal to be honest though. It certainly packs a punch but I don't think it has shown to be that huge an asset and most of the actual firepower it has comes from franky himself.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

^this
    The three brothers

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tonix View Post
    Vergo loses to Franky's beam? Does he lose to pacifistas as well then? :
    Did you saw Franky after the timeskip against a Pacifista ? I didn't.
    I strongly think that every Strawhat is now able to take on a Pacifista, some most easily than others. Some by powers, some by strategy and new abilities. It would be foolish to think that we saw all the new powers of our Strawhats simply in Punk Hazard or Fish Island. This was simply a glimpse of their new powers.

Vergo is strong as hell, sure. But imo, way overrated. Like all members of DD's family, he was beaten because of his confidence.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bellamy View Post
    Did you saw Franky after the timeskip against a Pacifista ? I didn't.
    I strongly think that every Strawhat is now able to take on a Pacifista, some most easily than others. Some by powers, some by strategy and new abilities. It would be foolish to think that we saw all the new powers of our Strawhats simply in Punk Hazard or Fish Island. This was simply a glimpse of their new powers.

Vergo is strong as hell, sure. But imo, way overrated. Like all members of DD's family, he was beaten because of his confidence.
    Like was said before, it isn't about the destructive force of pacifistas and frankys beam. There was a reason Luffy evaded the pacifista's beam attack. So far Franky hasn't shown a major speed increase in his fights and vergo can use soru, geppo and his quite fast + all his haki abilities.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crazytype View Post
    Like was said before, it isn't about the destructive force of pacifistas and frankys beam. There was a reason Luffy evaded the pacifista's beam attack. So far Franky hasn't shown a major speed increase in his fights and vergo can use soru, geppo and his quite fast + all his haki abilities.
    Even with that, it would be unreasonnable imho to think that Franky only would have a beam against Vergo, and in fact, all his future opponents. To me, there is plenty attacks that Oda planned for earch Strawhat and didn't showed yet, because he saved it for the big time, and I think we will have the confirmation during Dressrosa Arc, actually.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Franky has never really been the type to show speed feats however I don't think that is an issue here. Franky as far as we know is supposedly extremely resistant to damage considering his new body should be made from stronger materials. He is at least as resistant as his shogun IMO, which should be quite a bit. Realistically speaking franky has no need for something like tekkai. His strength should be quite considerable too. Of course the main issue here is that franky has not actually had a serious fight since the timeskip so we have no clue of his capacities. Still, if we assume he has significantly improved versions of what he showed in the past he should be quite fearsome even for vergo.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes kkck !

And I really hope that Oda will redeemed Franky and honor him at last during Dressrosa Arc ! I was so happy during FI when he arrived with his old haircut on his funky rhino-bike ! That. was. Awesome ! So I expect a Franky VS Picca and an enormous fight who will definitely show his NEW strenght ! Then, I think it would be fair to compare those two fighters here.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member vagabond87's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bellamy View Post
    Yes kkck !

And I really hope that Oda will redeemed Franky and honor him at last during Dressrosa Arc ! I was so happy during FI when he arrived with his old haircut on his funky rhino-bike ! That. was. Awesome ! So I expect a Franky VS Picca and an enormous fight who will definitely show his NEW strenght ! Then, I think it would be fair to compare those two fighters here.
    Pica has too much hype around to be Frankys enemy also Pica is strongest out of sets of cards. I expect him to be Zoros main reason to show us new version of Asura at end of this arc.
    Franky is quite strong but I dont expect him to fight one of main bad guys of this arc.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member KuroKarasu's Avatar
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Uh, my vote made Vergo the leader. My reasoning for voting him is simple though:

I think Vergo is faster and has stronger close range attacks than Franky. I think in an all out fight Sanji would be an equal opponent to Vergo and I see Sanji above Franky. Vergo's attack could probably bypass Franky's defense and if Franky lands an attack Vergo could probably withstand it. His huge attack that hit Baby 5 and Buffalo couldn't even knock those two out - and we hopefully all agree that their defense is nothing against Vergo's CoA.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ish3's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KuroKarasu View Post
    Uh, my vote made Vergo the leader. My reasoning for voting him is simple though:

I think Vergo is faster and has stronger close range attacks than Franky. I think in an all out fight Sanji would be an equal opponent to Vergo and I see Sanji above Franky. Vergo's attack could probably bypass Franky's defense and if Franky lands an attack Vergo could probably withstand it. His huge attack that hit Baby 5 and Buffalo couldn't even knock those two out - and we hopefully all agree that their defense is nothing against Vergo's CoA.
    This is going by what we've seen so far. This is why I had threads like this we shouldn't have an idea of how strong the crew is until this year actually. It's been three years and we haven't seen them use their strongest techniques let alone all they had. It's all hearsay.

I'd say Franky. I don't think him nor the monster trio would have problems with him especially serious.
    Mr. Wonderland
    Psn: verbalinter39

myanimelist.net/Ishmael

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast