Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tower of God @ Frankfurt Book Fair 2013

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Tower of God @ Frankfurt Book Fair 2013

Decided to make this a single thread, in case others have something to share as well. Things won't get lost that easily this way too.

Now the pictures:

Advertiser

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

ToG Fancrowd

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Notice the epic pictures in the background btw, the woman right below the girl with the cam translated for SIU and God of Highschool author.

Spoiler show

I was standing on a stair (with places to sit down and read manhwa), the signs you see at the end

SIU

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Not the best shots, but the best I could manage I reacted too late when he was about to finish my drawing, so you can only see half his face because he suddenly went up and gave me the book.

Manhwa Window

Spoiler show

You could just take the webtoons you see in one of the windows. Took me some time until I realized lol T_T because of that I couldn't get that many webtoons

Lifesize Baam

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

SIU drawing another Baam

Crappy quality because I had to zoom, but I thought maybe you would like to see

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Not the Baam he drew for me, that one will follow later.

God of Highschool author

Spoiler show

On the outer left side

Spoiler show

A bit more will come later, and I guess I will post the Noblesse stuff at the Noblesse section.
    Should I go again tomorrow, or not? Damn, I can't decide

2. Thanks 18 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God @ Frankfurt Book Fair 2013

Hi Guys,

I wrote something on Batoto about the book signing, you will definitely be interested (Siu Live Action Movies!)
    http://www.batoto.net/forums/topic/1...-8#entry925963

4. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome pictures of Manhwa

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

They look even better if you see them directly

Samples

Spoiler show

Manhwa History

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Smarttoon

Spoiler show

Manhwa Reader

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

You could read all the manhwa there and on the Smarttoon phones, was pretty nice

---------- Post added at 02:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 AM ----------

Noblesse pictures can be found at the Noblesse @ Frankfurt Book Fair 2013 thread.
    Last edited by naruto-niichan; October 12, 2013 at 06:55 PM.

6. Thanks 7 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely fantastic!!! Thanks you very much to both of your. Like Toshu says, let's hope his wrist is fine after all this signing/drawing marathon... From the vids he's very sympathetic guy, and it has a nice smile. Very shy.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

So here are some pics of the webtoons

Drawing SIU made for me

Spoiler show

ToG Cover

Spoiler show

ToG Webtoon insides

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

God of Highschool

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Tale of the Herbs

Spoiler show

Aisopos

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

My glorious Naver Webtoon bag

Spoiler show

Manhwa Advertiser

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Bookmark

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Hellper

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

Raizel drawing for me

Spoiler show

Noblesse Cover

Spoiler show

Noblesse Manhwa insides

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Spoiler show
    Last edited by naruto-niichan; October 13, 2013 at 08:28 AM.

9. Thanks 9 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

so was it a one day fair or for the whole weekend....
    looks like you had a blast....now i'm jelly of you this time
    But the stink that filled the privy gave ample evidence that the oft-repeated jape about his father was just another lie. Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, shit gold

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha

The fair is here for several days, but it's only accessible for everyone at the weekend. Before that it's only experts and exhibitor. Would have went today, but lacked the time Maybe they will come here next year again

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

nao you see why i get so hyped about my local con....it's so nice to be enveloped in a community of manga/anime lovers
    if only for a few days....
    makes me sad that i have 8mths to wait
    But the stink that filled the privy gave ample evidence that the oft-repeated jape about his father was just another lie. Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, shit gold

Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

To those who've been to the fair, I have something to ask.

I asked one of my friends to get a drawing of Yuri and Viole for me, and the Yuri SIU drew for me had different hairstyle. A bit like Yihwa's in recent chapters.

The thing is, SIU used to complain that Yuri's hairstyle is too hard to draw like ever since the ToG started.

And few months ago he once mentioned in a chatroom that he might change Lero-ro and Yuri's hair because they're too annoying to draw. I thought it was just another one of his usual complaints and halfhearted joke(which he does often) but seeing this bun-haired Yuri in front of me, it sounds serious now.

Did anyone get drawing of Yuri today or yesterday? How did she look?

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

I also somehow managed to visit the Frankfurt Book Fair today! And it was amazing! Because ToG is amazing! Because SIU is amazing!

I arrived around 30 minutes earlier before the start of the book signing and there were already a lot of people waiting in line. Thought I wouldn't get a book, but I was lucky and got one. It seemed that they had a huge amount of books in stock, since I saw SIU and Yongje Park still signing books after one and an half hour.

I can confirm that SIU was shy to some degree. Yongje Park on the other hand made the impression to be more spontaneous. Both of them sat next to each other signing the books and there was a woman who acted as an interpreter. While SIU communicated with me via that woman, Yongje Park tried to seek "talks" (it was one question though) with me personally. But I didn't understand him, so the interpreter had to help us out, lol.

He asked me where I'm from and I replied that I'm from Turkey. The interpreter was shocked at first, because she thought I came all the way from Turkey. But I cleared everything up, saying that I'm a turk and living in Germany. I was surprised when she said that they have a lot of turkish fans in korea. I never heard about this.

There was also an awkward moment for me. I didn't know that SIU and Yongje Park are signing the books for one fan simultaneously. I thought there are two seperate waiting lines, but wrong... there was only one waiting line for both of them. I never intended to "meet" Yongje Park, since I don't read The God of Highschool. So, when Yongje Park asked me which character I wish him to draw for me, my mental state was like this:

Spoiler show

What I answered:

Spoiler show

This was really awkward. :/ Guess, I have to read The God of Highschool now as an apology. The signed book with the first six chapters will be a good start I think.

Let's head to SIU. First off I want to say sorry to ukimix. If I had read your post before I went to the Fair, I would have definitely told SIU about your offer. I kinda feel bad. Forgive me.

SIU also drew a character for me. I was torn between Aguero and Yuri (actually I wanted to joke a bit and tell him to draw me Enryu or Phantaminum). But I decided for the latter, since Yuri appears very rarely in the chapters. While SIU was drawing Yuri for me, I wanted to ask him a lot of questions. But two things stopped me from doing that. First, I thought it would be impolite to bombard him with questions, while he was drawing. And second, we (I was there with a friend) saw an amazing Kisame-Cosplayer walking around. And I assure you, he was perfect in every sense of the word! I really wanted to take a picture with him, so I kept an eye on that fish. Unfortunately, I lost sight of him.

I still asked SIU two questions:

syx: "I want to see Yuri again, when will we see her?"
    SIU: (he laughed first) "I think she won't appear at least for six months."

syx: "Are there any plans for an animated tv series?"
    SIU: (shakes his head) "No, there are no plans."

His expression while shaking his head was like - how should I describe it - like he never talked, heared and thought about it.

After both authors drew the characters and signed the books, they let me take a picture with them. They were amazing! Very nice guys! It was definitely worth the trip, waiting and money!

-| Some pictures:|-

Naver Webtoon!
    Spoiler show

SIU & Yongje Park starting to draw for me!
    Spoiler show

I'm watching you SIU!
    Spoiler show

I'm still watching you SIU!
    Spoiler show

I'm coming closer SIU!
    Spoiler show

Epic wall is epic!
    Spoiler show

Dal-Dal and ???
    Spoiler show

Link to your imagination!
    Spoiler show

Spoiler show

I read some old chapters on one of the big screens. Amazing quality!
    Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

AGUEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Spoiler show

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!
    Spoiler show

B....................................!
    Spoiler show

Tower of God book:
    Spoiler show

SIU's drawing :
    Spoiler show

Tower of God pic #1:
    Spoiler show

Tower of God pic #2:
    Spoiler show

The God of Highschool book:
    Spoiler show

Yongje Park's drawing :
    Spoiler show

The God of Highschool pic #1:
    Spoiler show

The God of Highschool pic #2:
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by syx; June 17, 2014 at 12:11 PM.
    • ⁞ Avatar by xhunter924 ⁞ Signature by ThePowha ⁞ •

• ⁞ Tower of God Section136th FloorToG Section's Lighthouse ⁞ •

15. Thanks 7 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    There was also an awkward moment for me. I didn't know that SIU and Yongje Park are signing the books for one fan simultaneously. I thought there are two seperate waiting lines, but wrong... there was only one waiting line for both of them. I never intended to "meet" Yongje Park, since I don't read The God of Highschool. So, when Yongje Park asked me which character I wish him to draw for me, my mental state was like this:

Spoiler show

What I answered:

Spoiler show

This was really awkward. :/ Guess, I have to read The God of Highschool now as an apology. The signed book with the first six chapters will be a good start I think.
    Oh man!!! Universe won't forgive you if you don't read that book...
    Last edited by ukimix; October 13, 2013 at 01:07 PM.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks syx!! I remember SIU saying that Yuri will not appear during Gongbang Arc, but might appear in the next arc, Jahad's Princess. So more than 6 months left until Yuri appears!! Can I ask you one question? The drawing that SIU gave to you, which character is it? It somewhat looks like Yuri... or is it just my imagination?

EDIT: Ah, my bad. You wrote it there that it's Yuri you requested. Somehow she seems to have different hairstyle from the original. Hmmm....
    Last edited by primuler; October 13, 2013 at 01:01 PM.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    Oh man!!! Universe won't forgive you if you don't read that book...
    Yeah, I know. I always wanted to try this series, but never made that first step. But I will definitely read it, promise!

Quote Originally Posted by primuler View Post
    EDIT: Ah, my bad. You wrote it there that it's Yuri you requested. Somehow she seems to have different hairstyle from the original. Hmmm....
    Could be because it's "just" a sketch rather than a full detailed picture or a big part of her hair missing. Dunno, seems like we have to wait... at least six months.

• ⁞ Avatar by xhunter924 ⁞ Signature by ThePowha ⁞ •

• ⁞ Tower of God Section136th FloorToG Section's Lighthouse ⁞ •

Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    Could be because it's "just" a sketch rather than a full detailed picture or a big part of her hair missing. Dunno, seems like we have to wait... at least six months.

Well the one my friend got for me had a completely different hairstyle: http://me2day.net/primuler_/2013/10/14/p5plxa1-2493

I remember a Korean fan saying that she'll throw a big party on the second anniversary of Yuri's absence. Now we know for sure that she'll have to prepare that party. Only like three months left...

Just asking, in the book there were different pictures for a cover every chapter.

Chapter 1 was Baam and Chapter 4 was Koon. Then who was the cover in chapter 2 and 3? I assume one of them will be Rachel, but who is another one? Yuri?
    Last edited by primuler; October 13, 2013 at 01:26 PM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha nice syx, you should have told me in advance, I would have made time somehow if I knew someone besides me here would be coming

And the funny thing is, I did the same as you I didn't know shit about God of Highschool so I just told him to draw the main character. Funny that we got the exact same sketch, I guess saying "Main character" makes him draw that one

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by primuler View Post
    Chapter 1 was Baam and Chapter 4 was Koon. Then who was the cover in chapter 2 and 3? I assume one of them will be Rachel, but who is another one? Yuri?
    Two and three have Baam as well (same picture), otherwise I would have shared them.

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

Funny how they were on the different side this time. Damn, now I'm regretting I didn't go again

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

Did you get your hands on some webtoons syx? I really wanted a Lessa and Girls of the Wild's copy, but there weren't any left =/

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast