Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tower of God @ Frankfurt Book Fair 2013

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God @ Frankfurt Book Fair 2013

Quote Originally Posted by primuler View Post
    Well the one my friend got for me had a completely different hairstyle: http://me2day.net/primuler_/2013/10/14/p5plxa1-2493
    Yuri indeed looks different in that picture. There could be various reasons for that though (fast drawing, more characters = less detailed, it's a sketch after all or Yuri will really look like that in the future). Maybe someone experienced in drawings can give you a better answer.

Quote Originally Posted by primuler View Post
    Just asking, in the book there were different pictures for a cover every chapter.

Chapter 1 was Baam and Chapter 4 was Koon. Then who was the cover in chapter 2 and 3? I assume one of them will be Rachel, but who is another one? Yuri?
    The cover pages of chapter 1 and 3 are the same (Baam), just like the cover pages of chapter 2 and 4 are (Aguero). naruto-niichan posted them.

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Haha nice syx, you should have told me in advance, I would have made time somehow if I knew someone besides me here would be coming
    I wasn't sure myself till the very end that I would go to the Fair. To be honest, I had no time, that's why I was pretty upset that the Fair was this weekend. But I changed plans, which will most likely lead to some problems in the next couple of days, lol.
    Besides, I was rarely active here, because it's such a pain in the ass to navigate on mangahelpers with the smartphone (ads, switching to the appstore with every click, the site itself is not really smartphone-friendly). Most of the posts I read a couple hours ago.

But there will be definitely a next time!

And the funny thing is, I did the same as you I didn't know shit about God of Highschool so I just told him to draw the main character. Funny that we got the exact same sketch, I guess saying "Main character" makes him draw that one
    LOL! xD I wonder what he wrote in the speech bubble. "MAIN CHARACTER MY ASS, READ THE FUCKING WEBTOON!"

Did you get your hands on some webtoons syx? I really wanted a Lessa and Girls of the Wild's copy, but there weren't any left =/
    Hmh no. We actually never aimed for webtoons other than ToG. I wanted to get my hands on Noblesse, since I know it's a pretty popular and I will maybe read it one day, but we were too late. Noblesses signing ended when ToG's signing started (just checked it). The first thing we did after ToG's signing was to hunt down that Kisame-Cosplayer for 20-30 minutes, lolz. It was really one of the best cosplays I ever saw. The shelves you posted were all empty when we arrived.
    • ⁞ Avatar by xhunter924 ⁞ Signature by ThePowha ⁞ •

• ⁞ Tower of God Section136th FloorToG Section's Lighthouse ⁞ •

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    I wasn't sure myself till the very end that I would go to the Fair. To be honest, I had no time, that's why I was pretty upset that the Fair was this weekend. But I changed plans, which will most likely lead to some problems in the next couple of days, lol.
    Besides, I was rarely active here, because it's such a pain in the ass to navigate on mangahelpers with the smartphone (ads, switching to the appstore with every click, the site itself is not really smartphone-friendly). Most of the posts I read a couple hours ago.

But there will be definitely a next time!
    Oh, I hope it won't be anything too serious
    Hmm that's surprising, I can visit the site with my smartphone quite fine, absolutely no ads or such popping up. Well, what's done is done. Let's go next year if they come again, I'm sure Mazino will join us as well, and we can have a little meet and fangasm together

LOL! xD I wonder what he wrote in the speech bubble. "MAIN CHARACTER MY ASS, READ THE FUCKING WEBTOON!"
    Haha, that would be so funny I guess I will consider to read the webtoon, to make up to him

Hmh no. We actually never aimed for webtoons other than ToG. I wanted to get my hands on Noblesse, since I know it's a pretty popular and I will maybe read it one day, but we were too late. Noblesses signing ended when ToG's signing started (just checked it). The first thing we did after ToG's signing was to hunt down that Kisame-Cosplayer for 20-30 minutes, lolz. It was really one of the best cosplays I ever saw. The shelves you posted were all empty when we arrived.
    Yeah, it was really early (11 AM to 1 PM). Would it have been later, I surely would have joined, but the start was just too early for me Surprising that the shelves were empty, they had webtoons pretty much all day there yesterday. Granted, some were taken pretty fast (like the ToG and Noblesse books), but I thought a few series would remain. I guess they didn't imagine so many people would come, and lost most of the books yesterday lol. I remember one girl even asked one of the staff members for a Girl's of the Wild book and the staffer went and actually found a remaining one in a package One thing is for sure, next year we need to go there as soon as possible!

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I hope it won't be anything too serious
    Hmm that's surprising, I can visit the site with my smartphone quite fine, absolutely no ads or such popping up. Well, what's done is done. Let's go next year if they come again, I'm sure Mazino will join us as well, and we can have a little meet and fangasm together
    Hehe, don't worry. It's not serious enough to be called as such. Everything will be fine.

Huh, you don't have any problems visiting this site with your smartphone? I thought it's normal and never bothered with it. Well, I guess I have to pm one of the Tech Staff then.

Meeting each other sounds great! Why is this Mazino guy never posting here? This section needs more users that post, even though it has its good side too to be a small group.

Haha, that would be so funny I guess I will consider to read the webtoon, to make up to him
    There should be someone around here who can translate what he wrote. It's most likely a standard phrase, but I'm still curious.

Yeah, it was really early (11 AM to 1 PM). Would it have been later, I surely would have joined, but the start was just too early for me Surprising that the shelves were empty, they had webtoons pretty much all day there yesterday. Granted, some were taken pretty fast (like the ToG and Noblesse books), but I thought a few series would remain. I guess they didn't imagine so many people would come, and lost most of the books yesterday lol. I remember one girl even asked one of the staff members for a Girl's of the Wild book and the staffer went and actually found a remaining one in a package One thing is for sure, next year we need to go there as soon as possible!
    It was my first time at a Book Fair and I only went there because of SIU/TOG. But now I'm regretting some things I didn't do though such as:
    • Visiting the Fair on both days (at least this was not possible for me this year).
    • Arriving very early.
    • Preparing better questions to ask the authors. I think my question about when Yuri will appear was very needless to ask in a - possible - once in a liftime situation. But it was a little bit SIU's fault that I asked him that, lol. After I requested Yuri as a character, he asked me if I like her. I answered that Yuri and Aguero are my favorite characters. SIU smiled then. After that I spontaneously said that I want to see her again. He laughed and said that she won't appear for at least six months. I realize now that I forgot to mention this in my initial post and kept it short. I don't know why, maybe because I was pretty tired myself when I wrote that post.
    • Getting as much books and gifts as possible, of course only one per series. Like I said, this was not my aim this year, but I regret this very much!
    • Asking more cosplayers to take a picture with me. They are all very nice and cool.
    • Leaving my jacket in the carl! It was way too warm in there with that much people everywhere.

Next time, I we will be perfectly prepared.

P.S.: Your photos don't work anymore naruto-niichan. :/
    Last edited by syx; October 14, 2013 at 07:00 PM. Reason: why the fuck I'm using the word "lol" that much?... lol
    • ⁞ Avatar by xhunter924 ⁞ Signature by ThePowha ⁞ •

• ⁞ Tower of God Section136th FloorToG Section's Lighthouse ⁞ •

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

So, did anyone ask him to draw Phantaminum or Enryu?

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    That would tell much of fandom intelligence... Well if nobody did it, that also tells much...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

I can imagine if someone did, SIU would just draw a very shadowy figure, the troll
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    yup, warning MAJOR spoilers.
    Spoiler show

11. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Enryu, I presume? Since Phanta seems to be little hairier:

Spoiler show
    Last edited by Razh; October 15, 2013 at 04:38 PM.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2