Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How Coby becomes marine admiral in the future.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How Coby becomes marine admiral in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by 7pac View Post
    too bad smoker is to luffy
    what garp was to roger
    Who said that?
    It's just a readers' guess. Smoker just fell a little behind. It should be clear he's no match to Luffy any more. You can tell from PH that Oda isn't making him as much of a threat as he was before. Besides, he was an ally to SH as often as he was an enemy. And he knows WG is rotten and he could be influenced by Aokiji.

Not sure what I expect from Coby. I don't think that Luffy needs to have his own Garp. Or that Coby is anywhere near of being any kind of threat to Luffy. Perhaps in a couple of years, but we don't even know how long into future OP story will last.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MBVC's Avatar
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheLuffySmile View Post
    I've read that Garp didn't accept his promotion to admiral because he didn't want to. So In my opinion you dont need a DF to be an amiral. But I hope that Coby is a Haki beast and a DF user.
    Yes, Garp has always been at the admiral level but he is still officially a vice-admiral. Every "official" admirals so far are df users.

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 7pac View Post
    @MBVC

man you talk so much shit, it hurts to read it....

Sorry, I try to write like William Gaddis style.

Even gods could not be absolutely certain whether they existed at the most fundamental level of reality or were themselves simulated.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member enmymiguel's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Coby is ok the way he is. No mera mera.

Hes the second coming garp. And garp was a admiral and if he want. He could become chief. But he didnt want.
    And he didnt have any df.
    Plus coby has king haki or something
    I must create a real village, until i demonstrate what a real kage is. I cant Die!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

do u guys think coby is gonna surpass zoro and sanji?

Artists of MH 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FaustXIII's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strollings View Post
    do u guys think coby is gonna surpass zoro and sanji?
    Not surpass them. He will become as strong as Zoro or Sanji.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool one more question how strong will zoro and sanji be EoS? will they help luffy fight admiral or will that be kid and law and zoro and sanji will fight someone else

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't even get on what people are basing their wish for Coby to become an Admiral.
    Right now Coby is just a Captain. The same Smoker who is more proficient in terms of Haki, has Logia and a great experience including NW as well and he is still nowhere near an Admiral level. I would actually say that he is among the weakest VAs. So for Coby to suddenly become even comparable to Smoker even in 2 or 3 years in One Piece World would be too much and for him to become an Admiral in actual story... I just can't see it. Maybe if he gets Logia, then after the end of Luffy's journey we will get an inside on the late future, when Coby will become an Admiral, but I still highly doubt it.

Also, don't get from where people get any impression on Coby becoming Luffy's Garp. He is nowhere near Luffy's level and Luffy progresses too fast for Coby or any other of his friends to catch up with him. Even Smoker seems to fall behind Luffy now.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    I don't even get on what people are basing their wish for Coby to become an Admiral.
    Right now Coby is just a Captain. The same Smoker who is more proficient in terms of Haki, has Logia and a great experience including NW as well and he is still nowhere near an Admiral level. I would actually say that he is among the weakest VAs. So for Coby to suddenly become even comparable to Smoker even in 2 or 3 years in One Piece World would be too much and for him to become an Admiral in actual story... I just can't see it. Maybe if he gets Logia, then after the end of Luffy's journey we will get an inside on the late future, when Coby will become an Admiral, but I still highly doubt it.

Also, don't get from where people get any impression on Coby becoming Luffy's Garp. He is nowhere near Luffy's level and Luffy progresses too fast for Coby or any other of his friends to catch up with him. Even Smoker seems to fall behind Luffy now.
    To be honest i never got the idea why ppl said cody will be the one who will be like future copy/paste of garp in the 1rst place. I would say that smoker is more of the marine guy who will hunt and fight with luffy that coby i mean if you see it smoker is huntering luffy from the logue town he went to the 1rst half of the grand line and now to nw because he allready fought meat luffy more times than coby did. At least so far to the story i see smoker been more like the new marine hero who is hunting the future pirate king luffy than cody. Cody must change personality because he admires luffy way to much than it must and he is kinda soft. Garp is soft but garp is 90% like luffy but he is an idiot marine while luffy is an idiot pirate who cares bout his family. Cody on the other hand from what we saw so far it isnt an idiot and i dont know how he can win agaist an idiot like luffy that when he go all=out in fight he doesnt care if he will die. Cody must gain something like this he must be able to cast aside the fact he admires luffy and he must be ready to fight seriously otherwise no matter how strong he will get if he wont be ready to sacrifice something in order to fight at 100% he will never be able to be equal to luffy.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: How Coby becomes marine admiral in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by MBVC View Post
    Yes, Garp has always been at the admiral level but he is still officially a vice-admiral. Every "official" admirals so far are df users.
    Pretty much.
    Garp is confirmed to be Admiral level.
    Although all the Admiral level men in the Marines have DF's. So far... Depending on whether or not Admiral Ryougoku has a DF.
    Although I expect he will.

Right now Coby is just a Captain. The same Smoker who is more proficient in terms of Haki, has Logia and a great experience including NW as well and he is still nowhere near an Admiral level. I would actually say that he is among the weakest VAs.
    Perfectly put.

Couldn't agree more.
    It was already said by Oda that Smoker's high rank for his Young age was down to his DF. Along with Captain Hina.
    His improvement rate isn't going to compare to Luffy's.
    What I like is that Smoker is improving at a standard rate for relevant One Piece characters. In 2 years all he did was learn the two Haki's.
    2 years is probably a standard time, or even a QUICK time for a lot of people in One Piece.

The ONLY possibility that Coby's growth speed will go faster than Smoker's is that he teacher is Garp.
    just like Luffy had Rayleigh teach him for 18months.
    So really, unless Garp is still mentoring Coby, Coby has no chance of reaching the Admiral level in this year of the storyline.
    Infact, not even another Two year timeskip would be enough.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Seeing coby's progression to marine captain in such a short time I can easily picture him becoming a marine admiral in the future. Not within the next few years but he could definitely become a monster or at least someone worth fearing by the end of the manga. 2 years ago coby was a commoner basically, he did not have a penny to his name and would perhaps even have below average human strength. In 2 years he reached the same rank which smoker had when he first appeared. On top of that he appears to have extremely advanced observation haki which is extremely impressive, perhaps even far more impressive than his progression to the ranks. Haki requires time and experience and based on what we saw coby got enough of both in less than a year from the time he started training. In contrast, good old luffy had 10 years worth of training with ace and garp, fought buggy, kirge, arlong, crocodile, enel, lucci and moria before he first showed haki. Granted we had seen observation haki being activated easily before but even that is extremely rare considering that only 2 people had done it unconsciously before.... Smoker was 36 years old 2 years ago and strength wise even with his logia fruit he was worthless or less.... Coby reached captain in 2 years and started out as a less than average human being. It won't be weird at all if he has strength comparable to that of the VAs by the end of the manga IMO.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Guys, there are four ranks of 'Admirals' (Sho):

Commodore (Junsho),
    Rear Admiral (Shosho),
    Vice Admiral (Chujo) and
    Admiral (Taisho).

I believe Coby will imitate his master/idol Garp, preferring to gain freedom, not political power. So, I believe he will be a Vice Admiral.

By the way, Fleet Admiral (Gensui) is not an 'Admiral' (Sho), but a 'Commander' (Sui), like Kong, who is a Commander-in-Chief (Sosui).

Fleet Admiral is a confusing mistranslation, like Commodore.

14. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MBVC's Avatar
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

First of all, I assumed Coby to be a captain after time-skip without any evidence backing it, please don't treat it as a basic fact. Becoming an admiral is much easier for Coby if he eats the mera mera in the future. Otherwises, it's still possible for him to reach this position but the process is much harder, he must work really hard for it due to lacking the logica "steroid".

Even gods could not be absolutely certain whether they existed at the most fundamental level of reality or were themselves simulated.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Coby will never become an admiral. Coby will not get the Mera Mera.
    However Coby will revolutionize the marines by ending the reign of Absolute Justice

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by iFrozt View Post
    Coby will never become an admiral. Coby will not get the Mera Mera.
    However Coby will revolutionize the marines by ending the reign of Absolute Justice
    How do you know for sure though?

Even though I don't see Coby becoming an Admiral while the manga is running, I can see Oda depicting him as one in the final chapter or an epilogue. Kind of like, "Look! Luffy and Coby both fulfilled their dreams!"

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

First of all, aren't all of use Coby fans jumping the gun here? No. Aren't we jumping about 100 guns here?

To even be on the verge of Commodorel, we have to see Coby leading his own crew of Marines on his own ship.
    The last relevant character on the verge of getting high promotions has been shown leading their own ship i.e Smoker.

We're yet to see Coby take a position of leadership over subordinates in the manga thus far. So I think we should wait until he becomes held in that regard amongst Marines before we start guessing his future lol.

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast