Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ranking of Captains - No Bankai

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ranking of Captains - No Bankai

Urahara didn't actually show much to be able to say that he is better than even Byakuya. Let alone any of the Senior Captains. His Kido is good, but in order for it to have an effect he needed incantation and in real battle no one will allow it. His feats against Aizen were clearly explained by Urahara himself. Aizen just wanted to see the limits of his new acquired powers, thus for the most part he didn't even bother to dodge, so Urahara himself stated that if it was the Aizen everyone knows from before, then he wouldn't be able to catch him in such a fashion. At the same time Urahara's Shunpo was never impressive. I would even say Byakuya impressed me more, not even talking about the likes of Aizen, Yoruichi, Soi Fong, Yama, Unohana, Isshin and some of Royal Guards and also Ichigo... And about Urahara's Zanjutsu... He never showed anything special in it. Being at an average Captain level in this skill won't rate him much in overall scheme. About his hand-to-hand combat... I won't compare him with the real masters like Yama, Tessai, Yoruichi, Isshin, Soi Fong...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MBVC's Avatar
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

"He is certainly stronger than average captains, however I would not rank him above the Visored and Senior Captains. I would not rank him above Kenpachi either despite his tendency to f*ck around.

Visored hold the edge due to Hollowification and Senior due to being more experienced/reaching their potential. Zenpachi can be stupid, but not that stupid to not dodge when he needs to and he actually would be fine against Gin considering he prefers sword fights anyways. "

Because of the stupid plot so Kubo didn't show Gin attained hollow power similar to the way Kubo allowed Grimmjow alive but killed of Stark and Ulq. You missed a huge point about Zaraki dodging Gin's sword, the big problem is that Kenpachi is tooo slow to dodge. I believe Gin could finish most of the vizards except Shinji, if Gin had full hollow power then even Shinji couldn't stand a chance at all. There was still a question why Gin didn't have hollow power while Tosen did.

I realized that I am merely a conscience programmed into a game.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Aizen
    2. Yama
    3. Kenpachi
    4. Shinji
    5. Unohana
    6. Yoruichi
    7. Soi Fong
    8. Tousen
    9. Shunsui
    10. Love
    11. Rose
    12. Byakuya
    13. Hitsugaya
    14. Gin
    15. Komumura

- Aizen is number one with shikai IMO. It's true that Aizen created WW, but that doesn't mean he thought was inferior to Yama (Aizen actually stated the opposite: http://www.mangapanda.com/94-51305-2...apter-402.html). Aizens extremely careful, he has contingency plans for nearly everything. That's why he created WW. Yama's shikai has high attack power, so his bankai may have been too much for Aizen. Aizen could of used that reasoning when deciding to modify WW or he may have thought just to be sure he should modify him anyway.

Yama, although he is supposedly is stronger than Aizen when using RJ, waited until he caught him and gathered enough energy to oneshot him. He behaved in a similar to Aizen.

- Kenpachi is there just from hype Juha, Shunsui and Unohana

- Shinji's shikai and mask give him a huge advantage.

- Yoruichi can nuke from far or close range with Shunko. She also has hanki, which can nullify her opponent's attacks.

- Soi Fong has shunko, her shikai, and her multiple after image technique.

- Tousen has high speed Regeneration so he can just regenerate from most blows and he gets a speed and power boost from his mask.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MBVC's Avatar
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sanadan View Post
    I feel so excluded

Then I"d like to apology for my ignorant, are we cool now?

Anyway, I'm quite sure Kenpachi isn't the strongest shinigami, his power might be one of the highest but his art of killing is still missing, by saying art of killing I mean something like Shunsui's shikai or even better, the way Kenpachi always charging forward doesn't giving him automatically 100% winning. If he fights with someone like Barragan or with Stark firing 1000 ceros then he doesn't have much chance to survive not to mention win anything.
    Last edited by MBVC; October 15, 2013 at 04:59 PM.

I realized that I am merely a conscience programmed into a game.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by En Yang Ji View Post
    Yama, although he is supposedly is stronger than Aizen when using RJ, waited until he caught him and gathered enough energy to oneshot him. He behaved in a similar to Aizen.
    He isn't supposedly stronger, he is stronger. If it weren't for WW, Aizen would've been dead. And this would've occurred despite the fact that before the battle even began Yama was under the effects of KS. If everything had started off equally, Aizen would've been annihilated.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    He isn't supposedly stronger, he is stronger. If it weren't for WW, Aizen would've been dead. And this would've occurred despite the fact that before the battle even began Yama was under the effects of KS. If everything had started off equally, Aizen would've been annihilated.
    This I agree with. Even though Aizen had the Hogyokou he didn't wanna face Yama-jii whileYama-jii is wielding Ryujjin Jakka. I still fail to understand how some still doubt that Yama-jii is at the top.
    I understand all the fangasm about Aizen and a few other characters but fangasm shouldn't interfer with reality.

Characters that are way overrated due to fangasm:
    Urahara,Gin,Zaraki, Vizards.
    I remember when the Vaizards were first intrduced some even speculated noone in SS stand a chance against them even though none of the Vaizards is at the level of the senior captains.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't remember but isn't this hard to determine? What if Aizen didn't go full out because he knew WW would take care of Yama? This is like saying "if it wasn't for Kira, Gin would have been killed by Hinamori".
    Could the Sage of Six Paths be named Sanada Yukimura?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Originally Posted by En Yang Ji
    You need to look at the situation to see why Yama even used the kind of strategy that he used....
    With KS it wasn't really a one vs one fight. There were multiple captains and VCs who Aizen could just throu at Yama and make him burn them because there were too weak to protect themselves from Aizen.... Yama decided to kill himself and a few othere, because otherwise all of the cpatains and VC's except for Uno Hacchi and few others that they would be able to grab would die.... Aizen could easly make Yama kil even Ichigo..... In a reall one ve one battle wen yama could just do what he want he could shot his flames all around and eventualy he would get a hit on Aizen. All that Aizne would be able to really do is to defend.... He showed no ability to attack and manain his illusion at the same time, it always started to crack when he attacks someone..... WWith someone as fast as Yama and his ability to make mini nukes in an instant Aizen just wouldnt be able to win.....

Quote Quote:
    I don't remember but isn't this hard to determine? What if Aizen didn't go full out because he knew WW would take care of Yama? This is like saying "if it wasn't for Kira, Gin would have been killed by Hinamori".
    Aizen said that Yama+ RJ is too much for him and he didn't really know how strong Yama is without RJ

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

That is his shikai right?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BaddAzzKenpachi74's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This is the Captains without bankai right? so I think using the manga as evidence a clear list should be obvious in my opinion.

1.Yamamoto
    2.Aizen
    3.Kenpachi
    4.Unohana
    6.Ishin (judging by his brief fight with Aizen)
    7.Shunsui
    8.Shinji
    9.Yourichi
    10.Urahara
    11.Jushiro
    12.Byakuya
    13.Hitsyuguya
    14.Komamura

Live for battle, enjoy every minute, death is the price u pay for a good battle, live to kill, no fear.
    by Kenpachi Zaraki
    . ("Discuss This" http://discussthis.freeforums.org/index.php

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conn-man's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like some people ranked Gin higher than Hitsuguya.

Hitsu beat Gin in a shikai fight. Could of killed him but wanted answers so Gin had time to retaliate.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by conn-man View Post

Hitsu beat Gin in a shikai fight. Could of killed him but wanted answers so Gin had time to retaliate.
    Gin had no intention of killing Hitsugaya IIRC. From what we have seen of Gin, I highly doubt even in Shikai that Hitsugaya would have got out of that one in a serious fight.

People truly underestimate Gin
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BaddAzzKenpachi74 View Post
    This is the Captains without bankai right? so I think using the manga as evidence a clear list should be obvious in my opinion.

1.Yamamoto
    2.Aizen
    3.Kenpachi
    4.Unohana
    6.Ishin (judging by his brief fight with Aizen)
    7.Shunsui
    8.Shinji
    9.Yourichi
    10.Urahara
    11.Jushiro
    12.Byakuya
    13.Hitsyuguya
    14.Komamura
    Quote Originally Posted by conn-man View Post

I used to rank hitsugaya under gin but not anymore. Now he looks like a straight up boss.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like

He's a captain, a talented one. The only shinigami art in which he's shown himself to be amongst the best of the best is kido. And of course, Kisuke's intellect is powerful, but even that has its limits. He's shown quite a bit, but I don't see any of what he's shown being capable of bringing down the senior captains.
    Well he has shown himself to be incredibly fast, mastery with Kido, analyzing and negating attacks and his intellect is unsurpassed. If anyone could fare well against Shunsui's Shikai, due to his intellect, it would be him. In regards to Unohana, his ability to cast such high level Bakudo in quick succession would be a good counter for her overwhelming strength, not only that but he can substitute himself with a portable Gigai fast enough to even fool Aizen.

---------- Post added at 07:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    Urahara didn't actually show much to be able to say that he is better than even Byakuya. Let alone any of the Senior Captains. His Kido is good, but in order for it to have an effect he needed incantation and in real battle no one will allow it. His feats against Aizen were clearly explained by Urahara himself. Aizen just wanted to see the limits of his new acquired powers, thus for the most part he didn't even bother to dodge, so Urahara himself stated that if it was the Aizen everyone knows from before, then he wouldn't be able to catch him in such a fashion. At the same time Urahara's Shunpo was never impressive. I would even say Byakuya impressed me more, not even talking about the likes of Aizen, Yoruichi, Soi Fong, Yama, Unohana, Isshin and some of Royal Guards and also Ichigo... And about Urahara's Zanjutsu... He never showed anything special in it. Being at an average Captain level in this skill won't rate him much in overall scheme. About his hand-to-hand combat... I won't compare him with the real masters like Yama, Tessai, Yoruichi, Isshin, Soi Fong...
    Kisuke is clearly above Byakuya in Kido. We have never seen Byakuya use high level Kido in quick succession. We have never seen Byakuya use Kido as high as Urahara. Both Hado and Bakudo. His Hakuda and Shunpo are good enough to spar on the same level as Yoruichi. He is also so fast that he can substitute himself with a portable Gigai without it being noticed by both Yammy and Aizen.

I will sum up thoughts briefly. We have seen him using higher levels of Hado than Tessai, he has has fought on par with Yoruichi in both speed and hand to hand combat. His intellect surpasses Aizen's. His Zanjutsu seems good, we haven't seen it in depth but I don't see what puts Isshin over him in that area.
    Last edited by Miyagi; October 18, 2013 at 05:00 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conn-man's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaymizzo View Post
    Gin had no intention of killing Hitsugaya IIRC. From what we have seen of Gin, I highly doubt even in Shikai that Hitsugaya would have got out of that one in a serious fight.

People truly underestimate Gin
    No way man, I think Gin is top tier. I just think Hitsu got the drop on him fair and square that time.

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast