Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate your interest in Ignes Kravei

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Strongly interested

1 9.09%
  • Moderately interested

6 54.55%
  • Slightly interested

0 0%
  • Not interesed at all

4 36.36%
New Reply

Thread: Noblesse Chapter 299 Review

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Noblesse Chapter 299 Review

After some thought, I've decided I'm going to keep using the EasyGoingScan's English names for characters for the time being despite Naver's English versions being slightly different (Raizel = Reijar).

Ok, last time the poll was on who is going to bring Ignes down. Most thought Frankenstein. We'll have to wait and see how that works out.

No onto the review!

Chapter Summary

That hissing sound is the sizzle of her hotness.

This week starts off with Roctis worrying over his daughter (foreshadowing) who left under the pretense of collecting samples. The 9th Elder reassures him that even if she runs into a clan leaders she'll be fine but Roctis is still uneasy; showing that at least he hadn't forgotten Raziel's existence.

Back in Korea Ignes' attack has blown a hole in the side of the long suffering KSA building, which interrupts Regis and Seira's meeting. Sensing the aura they head out to engage her, which pleases Ignes since she didn't expect to find Nobles this easily but since neither of them "suit her tastes". She blows them a kiss of dark deadly looking energy which Seira is able to deflect.

Upon seeing Seira defend her attack, Ignes recognizes her as a clan leader and even remembers her name. Saying that she's actually the one she needed most and introduces herself as Ignes Kravei, making it Regis and Seira's turn to be shocked. Then Ignes reminisces about Seira and Regis' parents. Saying she liked them even if the were "stuffy little kids" and was really sad when they died; since she wasn't able collect proper samples. At this point it Regis and Seira seem to realize that they are not talking to a sane person and Regis says that out loud; which leads to an immediate attack which Seira again defends. Then she tells Regis to go help the humans try an minimize the damage and, after he heads out, the fight begins in earnest.

Seira starts without her soul weapon and is clearly over matched. Ignes appears stronger, faster, and tougher which quickly forces Seira to draw her Death Scythe. But when she does Ignes has a big of an "odd" reaction. She practically drools over it. And then orders three hidden robo-ninjas, whom she boasts are based on the 8th Elder to capture her alive. Not good.

Chapter Review

Bob the Korea Construction Worker: "Goddammit, I just fixed that!!!"

Substance

This chapter was pretty much all about Ignes and we learned quite a few things along the way. The most important is probably that she wants Seira alive. Which, given some of her reactions in this chapter, I have to think is about somehow stealing the Death Scythe. This, I think, makes it very likely Seira will actually lose this fight and get captured.

The next thing we learned is that she is strong and old, very old. She addressed Seira and Regis's parents as "little kids", so it's safe to assume she's been around for a fairly long time. So that talk of her being stronger than a clan leader without even having a Soul Weapon might not have been hyperbole. It's not beyond the realm of reason that she could even take on Frankenstein equally.

The last is the introduction of the robo-ninja's. The 8th Elder, as you might remember, was basically a battle droid and it seems he wasn't one of a kind. This obviously makes Ignes more of a threat as well as reveals the potential danger that the Union may have the capacity to mass produce something like that.

Presentation

Artwork was constantly "ok". The detail never fell below a certain point but never really went above it either and the finer points like lighting and shading were absent completely. The background work was solid, even if the fight happened on the same roof we've been seeing people fight on for quite a while now. So all in all it was fairly average.

Another things that needs mentioned, which I've seen a lot of people discussing, is how reused a lot of this power crazy villain bit is getting and, while I consider that a fair criticism, I'm inclined to be more forgiving about it right now than most. Mainly because the parallels between her and Rael, and the contrast with Seira, make her interesting to me in a way similar villains (Urokai, Elders 10-12, etc) just never were. That alone is enough for me to give it something of a pass even if does seem kinda.... familiar.

Final Rating

A pretty straight forward beginning to a battle. I'm still liking where this Ignes thing is going even if it isn't really anything new, and the art was about average.

I give it a 3 out 5

Predictions Section

New Prediction
    • Seira will be captured.

Old Predictions: (25 Wins/ 35 Losses)

No changes

Spoiler: Ongoing show
    Last edited by Jammin; October 17, 2013 at 06:35 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

2. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse Chapter 299 Review

Hmmmh, seeing that no one even commented after reading the review says a lot about how interesting this chapter is. I noticed since the start of this season that the Noblesse fans are posting less than they used.

I still can't undertsand how the Naver.com readers in the world could any of this seasons chapters a 9.9 rating. None of them really deserved such a rating(IMO).

Nevertheless thank's Jammin for the review.

Hopefully this fight won't drag on and on.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member strixflash's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mohsen View Post
    Hmmmh, seeing that no one even commented after reading the review says a lot about how interesting this chapter is. I noticed since the start of this season that the Noblesse fans are posting less than they used.

I still can't undertsand how the Naver.com readers in the world could any of this seasons chapters a 9.9 rating. None of them really deserved such a rating(IMO).

Don't know about others but I really loved the flashback in this season. 2-3 chapters in the flashback were wasted but except that it was really good...

And I won't judge the current arc this soon.

Noblesse Forever!

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Interest comes and goes. It's lower than usual now but I expect it will peak back up when the story gets going.

As why the votes are typically 9.9 every time, I don't know for sure. I think a lot of times those numbers are slightly warped by the fact that those likely to vote are the ones who loved it and the ones who don't and more likely to just close the chapter and go "meh" and don't feel motivated enough to comment. The western equivalent are the star reviews on amazon. There are a lot of things rated a full 5 stars that REALLY don't deserve it but it could just be that the series has a ton of rabid fans in Korea.

Quote Originally Posted by strixflash View Post
    Don't know about others but I really loved the flashback in this season. 2-3 chapters in the flashback were wasted but except that it was really good...

And I won't judge the current arc this soon.
    I'm glad you liked it. Obviously it wasn't something I was a fan of but I'm glad whatever they were trying to do worked for you at least.

I'm reasonably optimistic about this arc. Probably the most so in our little Noblesse fan community here on Mangahelpers. It's my impression that people are expecting this Ignes thing to be a lot more formulaic than it's likely to be. I could be wrong but I think she'll get more interesting quickly.
    Last edited by Jammin; October 17, 2013 at 12:14 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

As usual, thanks for the review Jammin.

For me, two points of interest on Ignes: IIRC, it was hinted Ignes is more powerful than average clan leader (not sure). And she's a piece in Cromble's chess game, who seems to be interested in provoking a major clash between the Union and the Nobles. That's why I voted strongly interested, (I like everything related to Cromble's scheme). I'm also curious about her transformations and powers. She looks great, I hope to see some more good drawings of her and her transformations.

I read in Batoto the 9.9 continuous rating in many Naver series is due to a battle between fandoms.

Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Interest comes and goes. It's lower than usual now but I expect it will peak back up when the story gets going.

As why the votes are typically 9.9 every time, I don't know for sure. I think a lot of times those numbers are slightly warped by the fact that those likely to vote are the ones who loved it and the ones who don't and more likely to just close the chapter and go "meh" and don't feel motivated enough to comment. The western equivalent are the star reviews on amazon. There are a lot of things rated a full 5 stars that REALLY don't deserve it but it could just be that the series has a ton of rabid fans in Korea.

I'm glad you liked it. Obviously it wasn't something I was a fan of but I'm glad whatever they were trying to do worked for you at least.

I'm reasonably optimistic about this arc. Probably the most so in our little Noblesse fan community here on Mangahelpers. It's my impression that people are expecting this Ignes thing to be a lot more formulaic than it's likely to be. I could be wrong but I think she'll get more interesting quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    As usual, thanks for the review Jammin.

For me, two points of interest on Ignes: IIRC, it was hinted Ignes is more powerful than average clan leader (not sure). And she's a piece in Cromble's chess game, who seems to be interested in provoking a major clash between the Union and the Nobles. That's why I voted strongly interested, (I like everything related to Cromble's scheme). I'm also curious about her transformations and powers. She looks great, I hope to see some more good drawings of her and her transformations.

I read in Batoto the 9.9 continuous rating in many Naver series is due to a battle between fandoms.
    Well I think especially fans should give voting accroding to the quality of the chapter and not cause the title Noblesse is on the cover it automatically has to be a 9.9 voting so that other webtoons won't surpass it.
    I mean people are not helping the author by giving a chapter a rating that it doesn't deserve. How will the author know what he is doing is still interesting, good, logic or not?

This is like giving a kid who gifts even for bad marks and then wondering why he/she doesn't get any better.

@ukimix: Crombel isn't playing chess anymore. He is sending to Frankenstein the ones he needs to get rid off cause he can't do it himself. And Frankenstein accepted to do it so that Crombel won't touch the kids. Ignes is weaker than the 5th, 6th and 7th elder. Seira should be able to do quite well against her from her expierience against the 7th elder.

I wonder why Rai doesn't train Seira,Rajak and Rael. I mean the only person who the clan new clan leaders can go all out against and not injuring is Rai. Besides that Rai is way older than them so why doesn't he give them some advises in some of their clans techniques or ability's. I doubt that Rai has to take off his seal when he spares against any of the new clan leaders.

I mean Ignes said that Seira seems not to know how to use her powers. How could she know it, if nobody ever taught her techniques her clan sepcializes in. I mean when her father died she was still a brat.
    I also think that Regis should go to Lukedonia and ask Gejutel to teach him the Landegre fighting style before he reaches his common of age ceremony.

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't see how Rai could actually train someone. His fighting style is being OP, he just stands there and makes all they throw at him void, then rapes everyone with one word and faints. Franky's much better for training IMO.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    I can't see how Rai could actually train someone. His fighting style is being OP, he just stands there and makes all they throw at him void, then rapes everyone with one word and faints. Franky's much better for training IMO.
    Let's see. Rajak is a speedster and the only person faster than him is Rai himself. What better training could Rajak get than trying to catch up to the speed of Rai by trying to land a hit on him.

I doubt that Rai is incapable to spare against anyone. I mean he for certain can use his abiliy's lighty as not to one shot them.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

@ukimix: Crombel isn't playing chess anymore. He is sending to Frankenstein the ones he needs to get rid off cause he can't do it himself. And Frankenstein accepted to do it so that Crombel won't touch the kids. Ignes is weaker than the 5th, 6th and 7th elder. Seira should be able to do quite well against her from her expierience against the 7th elder.
    Well, we still don't know what are the ultimate Cromble's reason to throw Ignes in her current adventure. Another possible scenario could be this one we discussed some weeks ago:

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    It seems Crombel wants to provoke a major clash with the nobles, and that should be the reason for him to bring Ignes onto the stage now. But Roctis and the 9th Elder precisely seem to not want Ignes in the middle of the current deals with the nobles, now that they know Raizel is alive. So, Cromble could be going not only for a major clash with the nobles but for something else related to Roctis, the 9th Elder and the Union. I wonder what could be his scheme there.
    Only future chapters will let us know about it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member strixflash's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's see. Rajak is a speedster and the only person faster than him is Rai himself. What better training could Rajak get than trying to catch up to the speed of Rai by trying to land a hit on him.

I doubt that Rai is incapable to spare against anyone. I mean he for certain can use his abiliy's lighty as not to one shot them.
    I think Rai is different from other nobles/clan leaders. His genetics are different... The abilities he use are unique in Noblesse world and no one else can copy it except Raskreia. Rai can't teach Rajak how to run faster as Rai don't use techniques. I hope what I said made sense.

Noblesse Forever!

The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel like this arc is made to highlight a bit more the little blond monster and put some character development in him. If Seira will truly be in danger.

Aside that, the only thing I enjoyed is the page with Seira standing with her Soul Weapon (see OP).

If there is another teenager kidnapping (...), let's just hope it will lead to serious consequences to them.

Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

Seeing that Ignes mentioned that the Royard and Landegre clan were always buddies I find it strange that from the chapters of the past it seemed like the Kertia and Landegre clan were the biggest buddies. I man the one who was always walking around with Gejutel was Ragar and not Seira's grand-father.

New Reply