Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Are good guys going to get relevant power ups that actually make a difference?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Are good guys going to get relevant power ups that actually make a difference?

Any ideas? Obviously, the other half of the kyuubi and Sasuke using a EMS tech, but, what about the other characters?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Jabman's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Are good guys going to get relevant power ups that actually make a difference?

Quote Originally Posted by chorns View Post
    Any ideas? Obviously, the other half of the kyuubi and Sasuke using a EMS tech, but, what about the other characters?
    I'm assuming you mean powerups on their own, but if anything the latest chapter has answered your question in a way.

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Are good guys going to get relevant power ups that actually make a difference?

Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Power ups are nice. But I think it stinks that we're at the point where expecting bigger power ups is all that's keeping us entertained.
    Naruto (the manga) is capable of much more than "bad guy gets more power, than good guy gets more power".
    Unfortunately, that's how most of the fight with Madara/Obito has been.

Considering the scale of everything at this point, I'm not even sure it's possible for any more power ups, excluding, perhaps, Sasuke.
    Kishimoto has
    a) created a humongous scale with which to compare things to, and
    b) limited the only people who can actually do anything at this point to a very, very few.

But Naruto and his friends are all still young. So, I guess really the possibilities are endless.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member xaither's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Exodi View Post
    Power ups are nice. But I think it stinks that we're at the point where expecting bigger power ups is all that's keeping us entertained.
    Naruto (the manga) is capable of much more than "bad guy gets more power, than good guy gets more power".
    Unfortunately, that's how most of the fight with Madara/Obito has been.

Considering the scale of everything at this point, I'm not even sure it's possible for any more power ups, excluding, perhaps, Sasuke.
    Kishimoto has
    a) created a humongous scale with which to compare things to, and
    b) limited the only people who can actually do anything at this point to a very, very few.

But Naruto and his friends are all still young. So, I guess really the possibilities are endless.
    aren't all manga's like that? Bleach,Dbz,avatar,I bet there are power ups in one piece too but every time I go to read that manga they are always talking, so i am not sure , I have not read one piece yet, . I mean the only anime that I can think of that did not powe rup there main characters that much was FMA.
    Last edited by xaither; October 16, 2013 at 02:36 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Akabeth's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

When I got through this week's chapter, the first thing on my mind was

Spoiler show
    "Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile." Albert Einstein

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Suzaku's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto's going to get the other half of Kurama and Sasuke's going to get his completed Susano'o with stabilized chakra. That's pretty much a given, and I'd expect those to be their final powerups... barring some Sage of the Six Paths stuff like them literally fusing into a single supreme being.

For the other characters, no, I don't think so. They just did the massive team up attack with the nine-fold Rasengan, so I don't expect we'll see the other secondary characters doing anything new or major.

Honestly, at this point, there's not much left that needs to be done to give the manga complete closure. Yamato needs to be rescued / break free, Kabuto needs to self realize and break Izanami (likely heel-face turn -> last minute rescue / healing), Kakashi and Obito need their final resolution (either Obito dies or heel-face turns), Madara needs to execute his plan to take control of the Divine Tree then get defeated, we need resolution for all the Tailed Beasts (sealed, set free, whatever), the former Hokage need to be released from Edotensei, we need to get the final details on Hagoromo Ootsuki and his descendants, we need some sort of resolution with Orochimaru and Team Hawk's criminal status, we need the final rematch between Naruto and Sasuke (either as enemies or rivals), and we need to find out who becomes the next Hokage.

I don't think I'm missing anything... once all of that is dealt with, the series can rightly end. All that would remain is epilogue stuff.
    Last edited by Suzaku; October 18, 2013 at 03:06 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member warsetone's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xaither View Post
    aren't all manga's like that? Bleach,Dbz,avatar,I bet there are power ups in one piece too but every time I go to read that manga they are always talking, so i am not sure , I have not read one piece yet, . I mean the only anime that I can think of that did not powe rup there main characters that much was FMA.
    One piece is nothing like this. That's why it's in a league of its own. It doesn't forcus on 2 characters fighting, but instead it tells an on going action adventure with a lot of politics and ideology mixed into the fold.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member nitsthegame's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warsetone View Post
    One piece is nothing like this. That's why it's in a league of its own. It doesn't forcus on 2 characters fighting, but instead it tells an on going action adventure with a lot of politics and ideology mixed into the fold.
    even dbz was not like this, it gave importance to most characters, dbz gt was in this league though :P:P

visit me here

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like

To answer your question, I think the answer is a very big NO. It's not even just now, all throughout Shippuden the only characters who we have seen getting stronger is the Ino - Shika - Cho trio. The rest are pretty much fodder at this stage.

New Reply