Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Armin and Erwin's relationship

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Armin and Erwin's relationship

I saw this post on tumblr that just confirmed my suspisions on the subject... What is everyone's thoughts on Erwin being Armin's father? Did we get any details about Armin's parents that indicate who they are? Cause apperently on episode 5 Armin had a flashback with Eren saying his parents were goig to go outside the walls soon.. ?? :/ sounds too good to be true hahaha I'd love if they were father son!

http://dailyaotmeal.tumblr.com/post/...attacksontitan

Tumblr post

Now my biggest question is who is the mother?? lol

what does everyone else think about this ? please support your arguments with evidence !!

Also, if this is really the case then Armin will forsure replace Erwin's position... no?

Jean x Mikasa

*Signature&profile photos do not belong to me, I do not know the original makers*

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sigma's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Armin and Erwin's relationship

When the first wall was breached the human's food supply was drastically cut and the government couldn't afford to feed everyone. To deal with the issue a campaign to reclaim the wall was launched and a ton of civilians were drafted into this. This campaign was a farce though, it was intended to thin the population because recapturing the wall was actually impossible. About 1/3 of the population was wiped out doing this.

Armin's parents were two of the people drafted and sent to die in this campaign. His grandfather is all he has left.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    When the first wall was breached the human's food supply was drastically cut and the government couldn't afford to feed everyone. To deal with the issue a campaign to reclaim the wall was launched and a ton of civilians were drafted into this. This campaign was a farce though, it was intended to thin the population because recapturing the wall was actually impossible. About 1/3 of the population was wiped out doing this.

Armin's parents were two of the people drafted and sent to die in this campaign. His grandfather is all he has left.
    I remember this, only I thought Armin's parents were already gone before the attack on Zhiganshina. It was Armin's grandparents that had been drafted as part of the mission to reclaim wall Maria, and never came back.
    ??? That's how i remember it.

Jean x Mikasa

*Signature&profile photos do not belong to me, I do not know the original makers*

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Gmuni's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

According to the anime which is supposed to be canon Armin parents died before the first attack. He told eren this when he was trying to get him to carry the boulder. Also the anime revealed that his grandfather was sent of in the reclaim wall mission and died.

edit: I got ninja-ed by post above

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member quoux's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought him telling Eren that his parents were dead was just Armin speculating?

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quoux View Post
    I thought him telling Eren that his parents were dead was just Armin speculating?
    That's exactly what I'm saying so the actual whereabouts of Armin's parents is questionable ! and the fact that he mentioned earlier that his parents were " going outside the walls soon" Just makes it even more suspicious that his father could be Erwin or something.

I mean common, we can't deny the resemblance is uncanny. Blonde hair, blue eyes, big eyebrows lol they're both strategically intelligent.

Jean x Mikasa

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner eton's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

So...presumably Erwin wouldn't know he had a son?? Or assumes his son died as a baby or something? Which wouldn't account for Armin knowing and remembering his father? Or was the man Armin thought was his biological father not actually his biological father? So many questions....

Armin having these mysteriously vanished parents is weird tho, no doubt. We saw Mikasa's parents die. Armin's just being a non-presence is just strange. I think they'll definitely feature in the plot at some point down the line. But Erwin being Armin's dad would shock me.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eton View Post
    So...presumably Erwin wouldn't know he had a son?? Or assumes his son died as a baby or something? Which wouldn't account for Armin knowing and remembering his father? Or was the man Armin thought was his biological father not actually his biological father? So many questions....

Armin having these mysteriously vanished parents is weird tho, no doubt. We saw Mikasa's parents die. Armin's just being a non-presence is just strange. I think they'll definitely feature in the plot at some point down the line. But Erwin being Armin's dad would shock me.
    lol Erwin's pretty mysterious in how he thinks. Maybe Armin hasn't seen his parents in so long that he doesn't remember what his parents would look like now. Perhaps Erwin prefers to keep it a secret.

Anyways we can't deny this parallel... Armin and Erwin are definitely a reflection of each othr whether that means they are related or not. (and Erwin doesn't have to be the dad. Perhaps uncle or some relative)

I just like to imagine the relationship between Erwin and Armin

Jean x Mikasa

Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gmuni View Post
    According to the anime which is supposed to be canon Armin parents died before the first attack.
    That's incorrect according to the manga (both the scan and the published paperback).

Here is the scene that explains it:

http://view.thespectrum.net/series/s...ume+04&page=54

They are discussing the "recovery effort" that took place after the first wall was destroyed and Armin specifically says "They killed off my mom and dad to have less mouths to feed."

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Gmuni's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That's incorrect according to the manga (both the scan and the published paperback).

Here is the scene that explains it:

http://view.thespectrum.net/series/s...ume+04&page=54

They are discussing the "recovery effort" that took place after the first wall was destroyed and Armin specifically says "They killed off my mom and dad to have less mouths to feed."
    In anime episode 5 (about 18 mins in) when Eren is remembering the book Armin brought him, Armin says that his parents are secretly going to the outside world this is before bertl first atk.

In anime episode 12 (about 19 mins in) he tells Eren why would he want to go outside and die horrible deaths like his parents.

Both of these scenes are different from the manga. If you believe the the anime is canon then Armin knows his parents and his grandpa are dead however its ok if you dont because I still have trouble accepting that fire titan stuff from episode 25 myself.

Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest, I don't accept filler as cannon if it directly contradicts the manga.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ToriLynn's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well in the manga Armin said how his parents were killed inside the walls for attempting to go outside. but I still believe that Erwin is Armin's true father. kinda like the whole "they never told you you were adopted, and i am your real father." I really want Erwin to find out Armin is his son or something. like i want him to have suspicions of Armin being his son, and he just finds out and Armind doesn't know yet

---------- Post added at 09:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 AM ----------

\Armin's parents were two of the people drafted and sent to die in this campaign. His grandfather is all he has left.
    Armin's parents were killed by the military for wanting to go outside. His grandfather was one of the people killed in the campaign. His parents weren't

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by N1kki View Post
    That's exactly what I'm saying so the actual whereabouts of Armin's parents is questionable ! and the fact that he mentioned earlier that his parents were " going outside the walls soon" Just makes it even more suspicious that his father could be Erwin or something.

I mean common, we can't deny the resemblance is uncanny. Blonde hair, blue eyes, big eyebrows lol they're both strategically intelligent.

not to mention they're both kinda crazy

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by eton View Post

i don't care how crazy it sounds. i firmly believe that Armin's parents weren't his bological parents, and that Erwin is Armin's biological father. and neither of them know that they're father and son. that sort of thing

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member PIXISSUUU's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Top theory "floating around" is that Armin's parents were the couple trying to fly away on the hot air balloon, and were shot by the First MPs.

New Reply