Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: Attack on titan syndrome

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Hectorpops's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Attack on titan syndrome

I dunno why, but ever since is started following SnK I've been imagining titans attacking my school while in class
    I've been listening to erens titan roar one hundred times
    I've been thinking of being eren for Halloween
    I've imagined what it would be like to use 3DMG
    I try to draw what my titan form would look like
    What do you guys do in between SnK chapters?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Nanozom's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Attack on titan syndrome

Quote Originally Posted by Hectorpops View Post
    I dunno why, but ever since is started following SnK I've been imagining titans attacking my school while in class
    Ann honest answer?
    Reading Claymore.
    Doing artwork.
    and that´s pretty much it.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Since I read SNK I am happier when I crush bugs. It makes me smile when I realize how doomed humanity is.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

I make plans and strategies on how to defeat the titans based on Sun Tzu's "Art of War", I think how would the Walls and the 3DMG would influence warfare, politcs, religion and society in general after/if humanity gets rid of the titans and I try to guess where could the Walls be if, of course, SnK, happens on an alternate Earth. As for things that don't have to do with SnK, I do lots of things.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member FFuuu's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

That happens to you because you're a teenager, it's ok to become fan of a piece of art, just don't get weird. (I'm not trying to be annoying)

Quote Quote:
    Read, write, play, sing (very badly)

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Hectorpops's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea haha I guess with age we get more passionate about stuff. I'd never go as far as cosplay or sexual fantasy fan fics though.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

lmfao I'm 22 and completely indulged with Attack on titan. I haven't really seriously thought of cosplaying ( maybe for halloween but I'm too lazy) howevere Attack on Titan is the cause of a lot of procrastinating school assignments and exams. It's a lot of all I think about, talk about.
    Basically in between chapters I do a lot of fan art, I look on forums ( like this one) develop theories, convince others to watch Aot (lol), watch other animes... and yea.
    I, too imagine titans walking around the streets when I'm in school. I imagine that titans randomly start attacking and I am one of the few who are prepared to fight them, I'll have 3DMG and everything lmao but this is all in my head. Keeps my imagination flowing.

Just don't feel bad about being obsessed with the anime. It's a healthy thing to keep you out of trouble. Watching anime keeps me from partying every weekend and getting drunk or something dumb. I'd rather be inside and well-behaved while in school.

Jean x Mikasa

*Signature&profile photos do not belong to me, I do not know the original makers*

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Gmuni's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm addicted to fenglee's game I play it way too much.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

weep. cry. trying to make my own plot on what's going on the next chapter. weep.

+-----+-----+-----+-----+|Magi Section|Tumblr|+-----+-----+-----+-----+

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheOwl View Post
    I make plans and strategies on how to defeat the titans based on Sun Tzu's "Art of War", I think how would the Walls and the 3DMG would influence warfare, politcs, religion and society in general after/if humanity gets rid of the titans and I try to guess where could the Walls be if, of course, SnK, happens on an alternate Earth. As for things that don't have to do with SnK, I do lots of things.
    I think about how it would influence society too. The economy would collapse under the weight of medical expenses from having to remove people's kneecaps from their own asses and surgeries to fix clavicles which somehow ended on the wrong side of the body. Society in will live in general fear of having a random guy (specially dumb teenagers with no notion of consequences) violently burst through their windows into their dinner tables and loved ones. The market for apartments would collapse due to said fear and because of the structural damage buildings will take due to consistently having hooks piercing them deep enough to sustain the weight of full grown adults moving at high speeds. Since people would stop living in apartment buildings there will be slight additional strain on the environment due to the extra amount of people spreading horizontally rather than vertically. Teenage mortality would take an additional spike when they start jumping from buildings daring each other to break the fall with the 3D gear last. Congress meetings will take interesting turns. The occurrence of "accidental" malfunctions of the 3D gear in which hooks just happen to go through opponents adam's apples will be suspiciously high but since they are politicians no one will bother to question it just as they won't question why they allow 3D gears into the damn place.

Religion will take many different approaches to it. The more mainstream ones will forbid it due to the probable danger it causes to the user and those around them. Others will embrace it and use it for their initiations and rituals.

hunting and fishing will change dramatically. Rather than guns people will prefer to snipe their game with the hooks because why not. The damage to the animal population will be offset by the amount of people dying in the woods or drowning which will provide food for the ecosystem.

The 3DMWI will be invented. It will be a law against 3D maneuvering while intoxicated. God knows people will want to use the 3D gear while under the effect of all drugs known to man because we all know it would feel awesome.

And don't get me started on people wanting to do the nasty while 3Diing.... The injuries from those will upset even the most seasoned surgeon stomachs.....

Other than that, well, there are other manga. I generally try to find a manga release for each day of the week to keep me going.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I think about how it would influence society too. The economy would collapse under the weight of medical expenses from having to remove people's kneecaps from their own asses and surgeries to fix clavicles which somehow ended on the wrong side of the body. Society in will live in general fear of having a random guy (specially dumb teenagers with no notion of consequences) violently burst through their windows into their dinner tables and loved ones. The market for apartments would collapse due to said fear and because of the structural damage buildings will take due to consistently having hooks piercing them deep enough to sustain the weight of full grown adults moving at high speeds. Since people would stop living in apartment buildings there will be slight additional strain on the environment due to the extra amount of people spreading horizontally rather than vertically. Teenage mortality would take an additional spike when they start jumping from buildings daring each other to break the fall with the 3D gear last. Congress meetings will take interesting turns. The occurrence of "accidental" malfunctions of the 3D gear in which hooks just happen to go through opponents adam's apples will be suspiciously high but since they are politicians no one will bother to question it just as they won't question why they allow 3D gears into the damn place.

Religion will take many different approaches to it. The more mainstream ones will forbid it due to the probable danger it causes to the user and those around them. Others will embrace it and use it for their initiations and rituals.

hunting and fishing will change dramatically. Rather than guns people will prefer to snipe their game with the hooks because why not. The damage to the animal population will be offset by the amount of people dying in the woods or drowning which will provide food for the ecosystem.

The 3DMWI will be invented. It will be a law against 3D maneuvering while intoxicated. God knows people will want to use the 3D gear while under the effect of all drugs known to man because we all know it would feel awesome.

And don't get me started on people wanting to do the nasty while 3Diing.... The injuries from those will upset even the most seasoned surgeon stomachs.....

Other than that, well, there are other manga. I generally try to find a manga release for each day of the week to keep me going.
    I laughed at your post. it was awesome . To be honest though, I think that the 3DMG would be to the SNK world as military weapons such as tanks are to our world. It wouldn't be available to the general public, and even if it was (yes, you can buy a light tank in Ukraine if you are rich enough as far as I know) it would be extremely expensive. That wouldn't stop people from making toy versions of the 3DMG. Also the Walls would have a really deep impact on warfare, because, you know, having 50m high and 10m thick walls helps a bit when it comes to defending your lands.
    As for religion I meant of the impact the Walls would have on it, not the 3DMG. People worship them now that there are Titans around, but I wonder what would happen if humanity wins.

New Reply