Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How do you figure their bankais will look?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

How do you figure their bankais will look?

There are still a bunch we have not seen. The ones I am expecting to see is Shunsuis and Uhitakes.
    With them, well I have no idea what they would look like. Same with Shinji, his shikai is already better than Tosens Bankai.
    Aizens....how do you go up? Turns everyone into a comatose state?
    Does anyone have any neat ideas?
    I believe Zarakis will be completely different from his blunt straight forward sword, it will be kido-like.
    Could the Sage of Six Paths be named Sanada Yukimura?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How do you figure their bankais will look?

Shunsui - a big game, perhaps with different swords or the same ones.

Ukitake - basically a pocket-ability that can store and save the energies absorbed, and release them in any order and moment.

Rose - Lots of whips, like a tentacle monster of whips.

Love - A massive version of shikai?

Shinji - A very confusing bankai, like a maze of mirrors that makes the opponent dizzy and nauseous

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member nitsthegame's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

mb thats the reason we dont see too many bankais..

kubo himself ran out of ideas

visit me here

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Zaraki's sword will be Kido-based, so he wouldn't want to use it frequently and Yumichika will use his sword to his heart content. We still have to see Unohana's Bankai. Either Kenpachi has it, or she's not dead.

Shunsui's and Shinji's Zanpakutos will mindfuck their opponent soooo much, that we won't know what's going on anymore.

Ukitake's Bankai will make him untouchable, in one way or another. Reiatsu repelling? Without using his sword, the attack just bounces off? SRs will have to attack with physical attacks (claws/swords). And Ukitake will use simple Kidos like against Lilynette. Which is "Repel". Bankai repels reiatsu, his Kido repels physical attacks, Ukitake becomes god.

Love's should be big, fire-based and highly resistant, if his Shikai can tank several Ceros from Stark, that sent Kyoraku flying. Bigger club should be fine, but it will be a pain to fight with that.

Rose's Bankai will be a big ass piano with different attack and pattern for every note.

5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee.J.Baxter's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sanadan View Post
    There are still a bunch we have not seen. The ones I am expecting to see is Shunsuis and Uhitakes.
    With them, well I have no idea what they would look like. Same with Shinji, his shikai is already better than Tosens Bankai.
    Aizens....how do you go up? Turns everyone into a comatose state?
    Does anyone have any neat ideas?
    I believe Zarakis will be completely different from his blunt straight forward sword, it will be kido-like.
    I've always wondered about Aizen's Bankai TBH. My theory on Aizen is that he doesn't have a Bankai because he's not really a Shinigami; his abilities are related to fooling everyones perception, which means he could easily be fooling everyone into thinking he's a Shinigami!!!

Of course, he could be a Shinigami and simply not have a Bankai yet. We know he fooled everyone with his Shikai, so he could have easily became a captain by conjuring up a fake Bankai using his Shikai!!!

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

I'm more interested in seeing Hisagi's Bankai TBH!!! Perhaps it's a bigger, nastier version of his Shikai that can instantly change direction!!!
    Predictions
    • Just as Quincies are evolved beings born from Humans, Shinigami are evolved beings born from Hollows.
    • Once Yhwach dies, Ichigo's Quincy powers will disappear and his soul will become unstable, causing the onset of Soul Suicide.
    • Yhwach isn't going to be the final antagonist.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Saint Markus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Notak View Post

Ukitake - basically a pocket-ability that can store and save the energies absorbed, and release them in any order and moment.

Shinji - A very confusing bankai, like a maze of mirrors that makes the opponent dizzy and nauseous

I'm thinking, Shinji's bankai could be similar to Tousen. He probably creates some sort of barrier to conceal himself and you, where his power makes him invincible or something. I'd like to see, Love's Bankai.

Urahara's Bankai could be something really dangerous and that makes me want to see him use it even more. Be cool if, Urahara developed a second release for Grimmjow. Can you imagine that one...?.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Markus View Post
    I'm thinking, Shinji's bankai could be similar to Tousen. He probably creates some sort of barrier to conceal himself and you, where his power makes him invincible or something. I'd like to see, Love's Bankai.

Urahara's Bankai could be something really dangerous and that makes me want to see him use it even more. Be cool if, Urahara developed a second release for Grimmjow. Can you imagine that one...?.
    Either way, we know 2 things about Urahara's Bankai; firstly it's going to be related to his Shikai in some way, and secondly it's something that's not suitable for training people...

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Notak View Post

One simple thing that would make a dangerous Bankai for Shinji would be a simple variant of his Shikai that toggles on and off via some kind of trigger. Such examples of triggers for this toggling could be a simple timer (it toggles on/off every second), whenever he clashes swords with his opponent, or on command. In order to overcome this ability, the enemy would need to keep track of whether his ability is enabled or disabled.

Alternatively Shinji's Bankai could expand upon his Shikai by, as you've stated, making the opponent feel dizzy and disoriented. Even something simple like the inverted world making the opponent feel like their upside down would drastically impede an opponent!!!
    Predictions
    • Just as Quincies are evolved beings born from Humans, Shinigami are evolved beings born from Hollows.
    • Once Yhwach dies, Ichigo's Quincy powers will disappear and his soul will become unstable, causing the onset of Soul Suicide.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Shinji's bankai will make it impossible for his opponent to control their limbs.... If they will try to move their left leg the right hand will move or something ike that= of course his shikai ability will be still there

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReiWen View Post
    Shinji's bankai will make it impossible for his opponent to control their limbs.... If they will try to move their left leg the right hand will move or something ike that= of course his shikai ability will be still there
    So to a block slash from above you have to move your hand below your back, but at the same time you have to move your left leg to move your arm and your feet to move your hand. Yeah, it'll be officially most mindfucking ability ever, and if anyone would be able to fight that, it'd be a massive plothole. If I were his opponent I'll just tell him to kill me already, because figuring out what to move and where is too boring.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    So to a block slash from above you have to move your hand below your back, but at the same time you have to move your left leg to move your arm and your feet to move your hand. Yeah, it'll be officially most mindfucking ability ever, and if anyone would be able to fight that, it'd be a massive plothole. If I were his opponent I'll just tell him to kill me already, because figuring out what to move and where is too boring.
    Damn, going by that logic (i.e. left hand = right foot .etc.), what happens if the opponent talks???

Well...shit happens!!!
    Predictions

13. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Jabman's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lee.J.Baxter View Post
    I've always wondered about Aizen's Bankai TBH. My theory on Aizen is that he doesn't have a Bankai because he's not really a Shinigami; his abilities are related to fooling everyones perception, which means he could easily be fooling everyone into thinking he's a Shinigami!!!

Of course, he could be a Shinigami and simply not have a Bankai yet. We know he fooled everyone with his Shikai, so he could have easily became a captain by conjuring up a fake Bankai using his Shikai!!!

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

I'm more interested in seeing Hisagi's Bankai TBH!!! Perhaps it's a bigger, nastier version of his Shikai that can instantly change direction!!!
    That is a possible outcome but let us hope, for all our sakes, that it is not the case.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lee.J.Baxter View Post
    Damn, going by that logic (i.e. left hand = right foot .etc.), what happens if the opponent talks???

Well...shit happens!!!
    Opponent can't even tell Shinji to kill him :O

In Aizen's case, I think KS is his Bankai. Damn, his Shikai is complete hypnosis. Can there be anything more hax? And he always says "Kyoku Suigetsu" before release. And all people in G13 are like "SINCE WHEN HAVE YOU BEEN USING IT?", when he can just go "I have Bankai, and KS is Shikai, I don't have to say anything to release... noobs." It's either Shikai and he has no Bankai, or it's his Bankai and his Shikai is something... normal.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Shunsui- I read an idea somewhere that Shunsui's bankai could be like a big deadly carnival and I always thought that was a cool idea. His entire theme revolves around turning something innocent into something deadly, but instead of a one on one game, it's would be a large space that will catch everyone in Katen Kyokotsu's deadly entertainment or game. Shunsui is the game master and everyone caught up in his bankai are just slaves to his rules. Which would explain Ukitake's interference during the Starrk fight.

Ukitake- Sogyo no Katawari deal with absorbing, modifying, and redirecting attacks. So his bankai should improve it to an incredible degree or expand on what else it could absorb. It'll probably be n extreme case of the saying "for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction."

Kenpachi- Funnily enough I expect Kubo to pull a switcharoo and make his zanpakuto a joke, where it is an incredible weak and has a borderline useless ability. I think that'd be hilariously ironic. If it ain't that, it's going to be something to caters to his fighting style. Maybe something that creates a reitsu chain that tether him to his opponent or something that makes it so the two must fight to death. That or it locks both he and the opponent in a space where he could fight as long as he wanted. Either way, the fight is inescapable.

Shinji- He reverses things. But what if it didn't end at perception? What if he reversed the actual nature of his opponents abilities? Either making it work against them or just switching it to an ability completely opposite it. Hitsugaya's Hyorinmaru would freeze him instead or turn into a fire nature zanpakuto or a hot water zanpakuto. Soifon's ability would kill in zero strikes and wouldn't explode at all or two strikes would kill her and would explode in her face. If not that, then whatever Kubo's version of Ichiryuu's Minority World from Toriko.

Love- This one could go any number of ways. My current favorite idea is that Love gets armored up in ancient armor and gets two slimmer cudgels. Go full on Oni when he hollowfies. My other idea is a large amount of Tengumaru's, a forest if you will, that are out of the ground and on fire. Ther are bigger than the normal Tengumaru and he can pick them up and fling them about. Last idea is just a super giant Tengumaru that eclipses S.S.

Rose- Can't really think of one. Maybe it will turn into multiple whips so he can make a giant stringed instrument.

Aizen- Turn illusions into reality. Only because it could allow for Gin and Tousen to come back as Aizen realizes that he actually kinda liked them.

Shuuhei- Deadly saws. Some type of giant scythe/chainsaw combo.

Urahara- I've always seen his bankai as a type of blood cloak or maybe a female blood lady in a kimono that floats behind him. Something feminine and beautiful though.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SoulAuron's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

so his bankai is twister with inverted controlls? sounds good to me, i also agree that since his shikai comes from gaming culture his bankai should as well.

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

Opponent can't even tell Shinji to kill him :O

In Aizen's case, I think KS is his Bankai. Damn, his Shikai is complete hypnosis. Can there be anything more hax? And he always says "Kyoku Suigetsu" before release. And all people in G13 are like "SINCE WHEN HAVE YOU BEEN USING IT?", when he can just go "I have Bankai, and KS is Shikai, I don't have to say anything to release... noobs." It's either Shikai and he has no Bankai, or it's his Bankai and his Shikai is something... normal.
    NO, HIS BANKAI IS TO ALTER THE FLOW OF TIME
    just kidding, i dont got a shit of an idea of what his bankai is, but i do expect he will have an actual bankai and tha its not kyouka suigetsu, would screw with everything if it was the way you said it, because then why build up expectations for a bnakai that isnt there? wou;ld have been better to introduce it as his bankai from the start.
    heres what i think is the explanation to BB having multiple DF:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...t=#post3373390
    here is what orihimes powers are and where shinigami power comes from.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...t=#post3446556

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jimtors's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eefrit View Post

Shinji- He reverses things. But what if it didn't end at perception? What if he reversed the actual nature of his opponents abilities? Either making it work against them or just switching it to an ability completely opposite it. Hitsugaya's Hyorinmaru would freeze him instead or turn into a fire nature zanpakuto or a hot water zanpakuto. Soifon's ability would kill in zero strikes and wouldn't explode at all or two strikes would kill her and would explode in her face. If not that, then whatever Kubo's version of Ichiryuu's Minority World from Toriko.
    This would just make him the most powerful shinigami ever...... who can fight him now???

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast