Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How do you figure their bankais will look?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How do you figure their bankais will look?

Quote Originally Posted by jimtors View Post
    This would just make him the most powerful shinigami ever...... who can fight him now???
    Kubo would probably work in a way to break the effect for some balance but sakande seems like one of the potentially strongest zans in Seretei.
    Meh

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee.J.Baxter's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

If Aizen has a Bankai (which I'm 99% sure he won't have), and Kubo will be showing it to us, I bet it's going to be a Hitsugaya-style Bankai in that the difference between his Shikai and Bankai is very small. Here's a few ideas, ordered from more-likely to less-likely;
    • His Bankai removes the need for the opponent to witness the hypnosis ritual, perhaps using the power of suggestion to hypnotise them (perhaps this is how he influenced Tousen).
    • His Bankai allows him to possess anybody under his KS's influence, allowing him to completely control them.
    • His Bankai allows him to access an opponent's thoughts and memories to make his KS more convincing. Although it's extremely unlikely (and I think it would piss off over 50% of Bleach fans), he could have used an ability like this to completely fabricate the Quincy blood war in order to distract the Shinigami whilst he invades the Royal Dimension!!!

P.S. Please don't cut off my nuts, but I'm still 90% convinced that Aizen will turn out to be the penultimate (if not the main) antagonist!!!
    Predictions
    • Just as Quincies are evolved beings born from Humans, Shinigami are evolved beings born from Hollows.
    • Once Yhwach dies, Ichigo's Quincy powers will disappear and his soul will become unstable, causing the onset of Soul Suicide.
    • Yhwach isn't going to be the final antagonist.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, as far as ukitake goes I have a hard time imagining what his bankai will be. His shikai has the ability to absorb and return techniques with some degree of manipulation of the absorbed attacks. So... what exactly would be an improvement? Even if he does an even greater degree of control, which would be incredible, it still does not seem like it would be something that alone lives up to bankai. Adding his own power would perhaps be interesting but adding his own power to an absorbed technique at the bankai level would be too much IMO. How would he handle that? Worst case scenario he absorbs a technique with bankai power levels and then adding something to his own... it would seem to easily be something to be beyond him. Perhaps I am taking a wrong approach to this. His power is already determined by how strong his enemy is so perhaps adding his own power to an absorbed technique is unnecessary. If bankai increases the amount of power he can absorb and grants him a greater degree of control over the technique then he already something that can match or even surpass that which his enemy throws at him.

I do wonder how effective such an ability would be against quincy though. Ukitake can ideally repel the holy arrow and perhaps a number of other quincy techniques but what happens if the quincy avoid this by simply not throwing stuff at him? Quincy are more than capable of physical combat and to boot most of them seem to have weapons. I wonder if we have seen the full range of ukitake's absorption abilities. It'd be interesting if he could absorb power, say, from when he cuts an enemy.

Perhaps his bankai could be to absorb techniques and make them into his own reiatsu? Imagine him fighting a quincy and absorbing one of those stupidly huge arrows they can do when gathering reishi in their holy forms.... Still, even such a thing could be easily countered by not throwing energy at ukitake.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lee.J.Baxter View Post
    If Aizen has a Bankai (which I'm 99% sure he won't have), and Kubo will be showing it to us, I bet it's going to be a Hitsugaya-style Bankai in that the difference between his Shikai and Bankai is very small. Here's a few ideas, ordered from more-likely to less-likely;
    • His Bankai removes the need for the opponent to witness the hypnosis ritual, perhaps using the power of suggestion to hypnotise them (perhaps this is how he influenced Tousen).
    • His Bankai allows him to possess anybody under his KS's influence, allowing him to completely control them.
    • His Bankai allows him to access an opponent's thoughts and memories to make his KS more convincing. Although it's extremely unlikely (and I think it would piss off over 50% of Bleach fans), he could have used an ability like this to completely fabricate the Quincy blood war in order to distract the Shinigami whilst he invades the Royal Dimension!!!

P.S. Please don't cut off my nuts, but I'm still 90% convinced that Aizen will turn out to be the penultimate (if not the main) antagonist!!!
    IIRC Tousen never was under KS influence. Aizen stated that in his talk with Unohana. She realized Tousen should have known about everything, Aizen said she was right.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, as far as ukitake goes I have a hard time imagining what his bankai will be. His shikai has the ability to absorb and return techniques with some degree of manipulation of the absorbed attacks. So... what exactly would be an improvement? Even if he does an even greater degree of control, which would be incredible, it still does not seem like it would be something that alone lives up to bankai. Adding his own power would perhaps be interesting but adding his own power to an absorbed technique at the bankai level would be too much IMO. How would he handle that? Worst case scenario he absorbs a technique with bankai power levels and then adding something to his own... it would seem to easily be something to be beyond him. Perhaps I am taking a wrong approach to this. His power is already determined by how strong his enemy is so perhaps adding his own power to an absorbed technique is unnecessary. If bankai increases the amount of power he can absorb and grants him a greater degree of control over the technique then he already something that can match or even surpass that which his enemy throws at him.

I do wonder how effective such an ability would be against quincy though. Ukitake can ideally repel the holy arrow and perhaps a number of other quincy techniques but what happens if the quincy avoid this by simply not throwing stuff at him? Quincy are more than capable of physical combat and to boot most of them seem to have weapons. I wonder if we have seen the full range of ukitake's absorption abilities. It'd be interesting if he could absorb power, say, from when he cuts an enemy.

Perhaps his bankai could be to absorb techniques and make them into his own reiatsu? Imagine him fighting a quincy and absorbing one of those stupidly huge arrows they can do when gathering reishi in their holy forms.... Still, even such a thing could be easily countered by not throwing energy at ukitake.
    I really like that last part, it would sort of be like Sklaverei.

If you think about it his Shikai basically manipulates elemental/ranged attacks by absorbing and redirecting them differently, so his Bankai could just be a greater way of manipulating that energy.
    There's the "pocket" idea I mentioned before; he could store a big number of attacks absorbed and release them however he'd want, lumped together into one big ball of reiatsu or one by one.
    Basically like stealing the opponent's attacks and doing whatever he wants with them.

Or you could combine that idea with yours. He'd be able to steal the energy, send it back however he'd like, or even use it to replenish his own reiatsu, or give it to someone.
    Or hell, it might even be a big barrier too.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee.J.Baxter's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    IIRC Tousen never was under KS influence. Aizen stated that in his talk with Unohana. She realized Tousen should have known about everything, Aizen said she was right.
    Good point; I wonder though, if Aizen's natural abilities allow him to "mentally suggest" things to his opponents. We know he was always good at taunting his opponents with the things he said; this may mean he can actually sway his opponent to his side simply by conversing with them (it looks like he can, as he convinced the Arrancar to join him pretty easily). He could have used Tousen's situation (i.e. his friend who was murdered) as a means to convince him to join his side.

I know it's not really a power in this case, but Aizen's abilities relate to deceiving and manipulating his opponents. He managed to use these natural abilities to alter Juhabach's perception of time too!!!

Anyways, back to his Bankai; it may be that his Bankai extends this ability by allowing Aizen to mentally suggest things to his opponents without conversing with them (i.e. telepathy). He could make an opponent blindly attack him (thus abandoning caution) simply by involking a thought in their mind that makes them furious with him (such as bringing images into their minds of their loved ones that he's killed)!!! He could easily turn an enemy into a nervous wreck by involking thoughts related to fear, sadness or hatred!!!!!
    Predictions
    • Just as Quincies are evolved beings born from Humans, Shinigami are evolved beings born from Hollows.
    • Once Yhwach dies, Ichigo's Quincy powers will disappear and his soul will become unstable, causing the onset of Soul Suicide.
    • Yhwach isn't going to be the final antagonist.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

That's called persuasion and manipulation. But Aizen didn't persuate the arrancars to work for him, they feared his strength and therefore accepted his superiourity. It was shown when Grimjaw had to justify his actions to attack karakura town without Aizens orders, that Grmmjaw fears him.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member nitsthegame's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post

I just wish to point one thing:

When ichigo released his bankai first time, byakuya was surprised to see such a small bankai, therefore, the bankai's of all the captains will be huge, lets wait and watch

visit me here

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lee.J.Baxter View Post
    Good point; I wonder though, if Aizen's natural abilities allow him to "mentally suggest" things to his opponents. We know he was always good at taunting his opponents with the things he said; this may mean he can actually sway his opponent to his side simply by conversing with them (it looks like he can, as he convinced the Arrancar to join him pretty easily). He could have used Tousen's situation (i.e. his friend who was murdered) as a means to convince him to join his side.
    He made Tousen believe what he did was just, played on Tousen's sense of justice. Tousen, as a honorable man, followed him to his death, not knowing he just played in Aizen's hand (or rather, didn't want to believe it).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nitsthegame View Post
    I just wish to point one thing:

When ichigo released his bankai first time, byakuya was surprised to see such a small bankai, therefore, the bankai's of all the captains will be huge, lets wait and watch
    Not necessarily. Tekken Tachikaze isn't big, Nor is Kamishini no Yari(when it's still technically a wakizashi), and even Minazuki. Hell, Zanka no Tachi is pretty much the fire version of Tensa Zangetsu. The flames being concentrated into the blade.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member nitsthegame's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eefrit View Post
    Not necessarily. Tekken Tachikaze isn't big, Nor is Kamishini no Yari(when it's still technically a wakizashi), and even Minazuki. Hell, Zanka no Tachi is pretty much the fire version of Tensa Zangetsu. The flames being concentrated into the blade.
    Well wasnt gin bakai 13 km long?

visit me here

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Only when it extends. So, looking at Gin's Bankai when he releases it without shooting it, one could easily say "There can't be such a small Bankai". But really, no need to read so much into Byakuya's words there. He was merely mocking Ichigo throughout the fight. We can't even be sure if he meant what he said.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Gin did end up saying his bankai was not as long or fast as he claimed, he was lying. As for how byakuya's words apply to it, I would think they do. Granted it does shrink quite a bit but that is hardly its final form. It does have a decent bit of power, it does extent quite a bit and it is quite fast.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Before taking any guesses, a few general words about Bankais. So far we have seen bankais taking different directions.

- the most common bankais is a multiplication of the shikai ability (in size, power, range etc.). The most famous examples are probably Byakuya, Soi Fon, Hitsugaya, Renji, Gin and Komamura. Most of those were introduced pretty early in Bleach and it resembled the general Idea behind Bankais in the beginning of bleach.

- there are those who gives some kind of "armor" to the users, like ikkaku or Kensei

- and then there are those, who compress a great power into a small sword with certain benefits. those seem to be the strongest Bankai (Ichigo and Yamamoto)

- Some Bankai are basically the same ability as the Shikai (Byakuya and Hitsugaya), some seem to be completely different (Unohana, as far as we have witnessed her bankai, and partly that vice captain of Yamamoto or Tousen).

So what to expect of future Bankais?

Shunsui and Ukitake: Those are particular interesting. We have yet so see a two blade Zanpaktou. There is no reason for it to be completely different, but it certainly could be. Shunsui's will probably be a extreme case of his shikai, turning the whole area into some childish games, even something like a theme park and maybe a little bit of perversion in it. If he has to battle Haschwalth, he has to have some aces because Haschwalth might be stronger in a direct clash. Of course it won'te be a brute force Bankai. I expect it's final ability to be something like a russian roulette.
    Ukitake: Still defensive and support based. He hasn't got the constitution to be a great fighter (just remember how easily he got overwhelmed by Wonderweiss, the very Espada Yamamoto ripped into pieces with bis bare hands).

Shinji: At first I thought it might be time manipulation. But Aizen already did a part of that to Yhwach, so probably not. I like the idea of messing with the body functions of enemys, like already mentioned here. But if that's the nature of his Bankai ability, i wonder why he hasn't tried to use it against Aizen. I actually also think it might resemble Tousens bankai a bit. The main reason for me to think that is the actual fact that he is fighting together with Komamura, who actually sucked in every battle he had, but was quite decent when working together with tousen.

Love and Rose: Well, I've got not too much imagination here. I feel a bit ashamed. Just nothing in my head. A lot of whips and roses sounds ok, but his abilities basically stay the same, just more power and range. Love? Maybe a hammer?

Kenpachi Zaraki: I'm not even sure whether we'll see him use a Bankai or even a Zanpaktou ability. He could really get a "troll" ability, like having healing powers or something like that. Kido-based would be interesting, but that's not the kind of stuff i want him to own people with. I want him to cut everything. Maybe he'll only get a shiny, unused, shapened sword.

Urahara: Here it really get's interesting. Wasn't it the second Shikai we have ever seen? (Also I have to admit that it looked pretty weak back then) It had been hidden from us for so long. Might it be intel related? His Shikai is blood related, maybe he infused it into the enemy to poison them / get information abour ther power and weaknesses / absorbs their blood and their abilites?

At last i want to give a different approach.
    What kind of powers have we seen? Which "chliche" powers are still missing?
    We have seen a lot of "standard" element based stuff. Ice, Fire, Lightning, Wind, Water
    We have seen some pretty unique powers, like Shunsuis games or Kiras weight increasing
    We have seen some stuff based on perception, manipulation of senses.
    We have seen absorption of powers, reflection

But what are we missing? What about glowing lights and lasers? Pretty common nowadays, can't remember anyone in Bleach having that kind of ability. There is place for some more "sneaky" abilities.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess Zaraki's zan will be something that forces the enemy to fight him, like a duel area that you can't escape. That sounds like him. Or maybe some sort of curse that will slowly kill the enemy if they don't start fighting, or one that forces the enemy to stay near him in order to not die/be cursed.

If Unohana is a clue (as he is similar to her) then it doesnt have to be related to his desire to fight
    Last edited by Notak; October 31, 2013 at 05:37 PM.

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast