Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Drawings & chocolates ~ Surviving the summer~ <3

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member nanaDmari's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Drawings and chocolates

We even got a library already to use this transparent bar in some app one day XD
    Yes, They've been using colors in a great way since 4.0+, and it's only evolving...

I think with iOS 7 the interface got a looot better, but the OS is so full of bugs, it's like they have to get a new version in one year time, even if it's not finished...

Sony is crazy with the PS4, or they just want to lower the price a few months after and say they are being "good" to us, and people will buy because it got cheaper.

Yes, my mom watches anime, reads manga and even studies japanese with me
    Actually, anime is mainly to practice her japanese, hearing and all

The galaxy devices are good too, but I don't like Samsung's interface that much :T

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Read it again! I also think the Davy Back arc wasn't as bad as people say.

Grand Secretariat 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nanaDmari View Post
    We even got a library already to use this transparent bar in some app one day XD
    Yes, They've been using colors in a great way since 4.0+, and it's only evolving...

I think with iOS 7 the interface got a looot better, but the OS is so full of bugs, it's like they have to get a new version in one year time, even if it's not finished...

Sony is crazy with the PS4, or they just want to lower the price a few months after and say they are being "good" to us, and people will buy because it got cheaper.

Yes, my mom watches anime, reads manga and even studies japanese with me
    Actually, anime is mainly to practice her japanese, hearing and all

The galaxy devices are good too, but I don't like Samsung's interface that much :T
    A Library? that's really cool It can only get better. I was sort of hoping that by the time my current contract expires, the 5.0 would be out already, but that doesn't look to be the case.

Yep, this was the first iOS interface I looked at and thought wow. At a glimpse. Then I began noticing all the ways in which it was similar to Android and I just chuckled and laughed at their lack of originality.

That was my thought too. But the Sony president tried to deflect the blame and saying they aren't responsible for the pricing. But even so, are we to believe that can't influence it? They simply allow it to be so, which is just as bad as setting it in the first place.

That's really awesome. I know my mum used to watch anime with us, but that was just out of curiosity. How good is your Japanese then? And what anime are you currently watching?

Agreed, which is why I'm "meh" about Galaxy S phones. But I do love the sleek design of their tablets though.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Sony has said that they were running loss on PS3 because they charged less than what it cost to make it, when it first came out. I'm not sure about now though. I'm guessing PS4 might be more expensive due to better hardware.

Either way, I like the waiting game. Wait a few years for better and cheaper models to come out. The first generation of PS3 was big, expensive, and apparently had a lot of problems. Few years later, I brought a slim PS3 with bigger memory, and it still works even when it's been on for few hours.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I won't be getting a ps4 anytime soon, I still have too much ps3 games for me to play XD

Obviously a new product, with better hardware at its launch would be more expensive, but even so...
    Sony put out this table showing all the taxes involved with the ps4 import to justify the price in brazil, but I look at that and it's just wrong. I saw an economist post making a simulation of it, based on the price in the US, and the final price would be something around R$2800, far from the R$4000 they are charging here. Taxes are an absurd here, I know, but it's just too much :T

Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    Yep, this was the first iOS interface I looked at and thought wow. At a glimpse. Then I began noticing all the ways in which it was similar to Android and I just chuckled and laughed at their lack of originality.

That's really awesome. I know my mum used to watch anime with us, but that was just out of curiosity. How good is your Japanese then? And what anime are you currently watching?

Agreed, which is why I'm "meh" about Galaxy S phones. But I do love the sleek design of their tablets though.
    Yeah, it has a lot of similar things, which is good, they need to learn what the other companies are doing right.
    And I want Android 4.4 now, also, it looks like they finally implemented xxhdpi, for higher resolutions, like the S4 and xperia ZL, that will make such a difference for us developing for it T~T

And what do you think of the giant phablets (for me they are huuuge, I'm small and have small hands XD) like galaxy note and now the galaxy mega?

I've been studying japanese for 4 years now, but I have only one class per week. I can notice some mistakes in translations already, that makes me proud, but there are still too few song I can listen to and understand the lyrics T~T

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Read it again! I also think the Davy Back arc wasn't as bad as people say.
    I will! For sure!
    I remember playing a One Piece game that had mini-games of the davy back fight before reading the arc, so seeing it on the manga was great XD

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

What are your favorite moments of the series?

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

What are your favorite moments of the series?
    My favorite moments? that's hard, it even took me some thought to get to choose water seven as my favorite arc... from that I take all that happenned with Usopp as awesome moments, really emotional, in my opinion...
    One of the things that made me really glad was seeing Buggy again at Impel Down, and then how he got the fame later XD
    After that, Ace made me cry so much, and then it was awesome seeing Luffy's past, we had seen all the other's stories, so this moment was quite interesting for me...
    I liked Boa Hancock a lot when she first appears, well, I still like her, but her first interactions were great... she reminds me of a friend of mine, how she deals with Luffy...
    I don't know, I could say so many things @___@
    Well, that's why this it's my favorite manga XD

but how about you?

And what anime are you currently watching?
    I totally missed this question earlier @__@
    I finished Free! and now I'm watching Mawaru Penguindrum
    I found this fansub from where I got the SnK anime and Kotonoha no niwa (beautiful film *-*), really liked it, and I'm getting the projects they have already finished...

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

W
    Yeah, it has a lot of similar things, which is good, they need to learn what the other companies are doing right.
    And I want Android 4.4 now, also, it looks like they finally implemented xxhdpi, for higher resolutions, like the S4 and xperia ZL, that will make such a difference for us developing for it T~T

And what do you think of the giant phablets (for me they are huuuge, I'm small and have small hands XD) like galaxy note and now the galaxy mega?

I've been studying japanese for 4 years now, but I have only one class per week. I can notice some mistakes in translations already, that makes me proud, but there are still too few song I can listen to and understand the lyrics T~T
    Have you seen the first hand videos of the Nexus 5? The Verge has a nice coverage of both the handset and the 4.4 OS, so check it out when you can. I also need to check it for more under the hood improvements made.

I don't like giant phablets or phablets at all. I understand their purpose but it just doesn't appeal to me. Either be a phone or be a tablet. And you?

One class a week for 4 years means your level is decent enough. Have you taken any official exams yet? At least you can understand some stuff good progress.

I totally missed this question earlier @__@
    I finished Free! and now I'm watching Mawaru Penguindrum
    I found this fansub from where I got the SnK anime and Kotonoha no niwa (beautiful film *-*), really liked it, and I'm getting the projects they have already finished...
    It's okay

What is Mawaru about?

Oh I saw Kotonoha no Niwa a few months ago; so beautiful. . What fansub is this though?

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

My favorites are when Robin said she wanted to come with Luffy and the Strawhats and when Luffy punches the Tenryuubito. I also like moments like Zoro calling Luffy an idiot and hitting him on the head with his fist or sword handle and Nami and Usopp pulling on Luffy's cheeks, it shows how comfortable they are around Luffy and the kind of leader Luffy is.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What is Mawaru about?
    Penguindrum's fun :3

Ignore the synopsis. It's one of those series where the symbolism and metaphors are the real story. It's like FLCL, only less hyper.
    Last edited by Kaiten; November 03, 2013 at 10:31 PM.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you seen the first hand videos of the Nexus 5? The Verge has a nice coverage of both the handset and the 4.4 OS, so check it out when you can. I also need to check it for more under the hood improvements made.

I don't like giant phablets or phablets at all. I understand their purpose but it just doesn't appeal to me. Either be a phone or be a tablet. And you?

One class a week for 4 years means your level is decent enough. Have you taken any official exams yet? At least you can understand some stuff good progress.

What is Mawaru about?

Oh I saw Kotonoha no Niwa a few months ago; so beautiful. . What fansub is this though?
    I haven't seen any hands on videos of the nexus 5 yet <o>
    I've been following the Verge/Gizmodo coverages, but only reading the news, not seeing any videos... I've been trying to watch the latest Android Design in Action (a youtube show (?) made by some developers/designers at Android) about Kit Kat, but I haven't found the time for it yet...

Oh no, please, no phablets for me... I'm too small for them XD

I haven't taken any official exam, but tried myself at the proficiency questions available on Japan foundation's website, and based on the content of each level, I'm pretty confident I could pass N4 (lower intermediate)...

I think Kaiten's answer is better than what I could write about Penguindrum XD

Dollars fansub, they have many things in full hd, so it's better to watch on the tv, it's a brazilian fansub though...

My favorites are when Robin said she wanted to come with Luffy and the Strawhats and when Luffy punches the Tenryuubito. I also like moments like Zoro calling Luffy an idiot and hitting him on the head with his fist or sword handle and Nami and Usopp pulling on Luffy's cheeks, it shows how comfortable they are around Luffy and the kind of leader Luffy is.
    they actually do that quite frequently XD
    Yeah, really good everyday moments... I think the crew is well developed, how everyone is different in a way, but work together quite well

This past three days I got home to find there was no electricity!
    It came back a little after I eat dinner, but it made me late on everything I have to do for this week
    I hope today when I get back everything is fine Ç___Ç

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Drawings & chocolates ~ and let there be light

I don't remember the last time they did that though.

Yep, and I think Luffy especially is a great, fleshed out leader. I liked how Vivi was always shocked at how laidback and easygoing the Straw Hats were.

hi5 for electricity instability!

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't seen any hands on videos of the nexus 5 yet <o>
    I've been following the Verge/Gizmodo coverages, but only reading the news, not seeing any videos... I've been trying to watch the latest Android Design in Action (a youtube show (?) made by some developers/designers at Android) about Kit Kat, but I haven't found the time for it yet...

Oh no, please, no phablets for me... I'm too small for them XD

I haven't taken any official exam, but tried myself at the proficiency questions available on Japan foundation's website, and based on the content of each level, I'm pretty confident I could pass N4 (lower intermediate)...

I think Kaiten's answer is better than what I could write about Penguindrum XD

Dollars fansub, they have many things in full hd, so it's better to watch on the tv, it's a brazilian fansub though...
    Ah right; you should definitely watch it when you get the chance to. This one is probably the most conclusive and accurate review I've seen and it's from the Verge.

I don't think I'm familar with the Android Design in Action but I shall check it out soon and let you know.

Oh I worked an event last time, which was a preview of showing of products from electronics companies for a chain store. You had a lot of famous brands; Sony, Apple. Samsung, Google, Lenovo, Asus, AEG, Grundig, etc. I didn't get a chance to look at everything but I finally got to try out the Nexus 7 near the end of the show, which was awesome for me see. Also spoke to one of the sales people from Lenovo about their line of yoga tablets, which looked quite brilliant and its flexibility will appeal to a lot of travellers, especially. They have a full-HD yoga tablet, which is in the regions of £1100 but looks incridiblly crisp and beautiful. I just wouldn't pay that much for a laptop/tablet, I don't think.

I didn't see what Apple were presenting, nor Asus either. Samsung were more focusing on home-appliances, like fridges, washing machines and hoovers. Google had the Nexus 7 and I think their latest notebooks.

I think lower intermediate is the least you can be proficient in after the number of years you've spent studying. I'd say for you to keep studying and honing your language skills, unless there's a beneficial reason to take an official test.

Ahhh, I thought it would've been Thora, Coalgirls or something else. My disappointment .

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, and I think Luffy especially is a great, fleshed out leader. I liked how Vivi was always shocked at how laidback and easygoing the Straw Hats were.

hi5 for electricity instability!
    who wouldn't be? huahaha.. but that is their secret to success XD

and it was one week after the 10th anniversary of the famous 3-day blackout in the city, maybe they were "celebrating"

Ah right; you should definitely watch it when you get the chance to. This one is probably the most conclusive and accurate review I've seen and it's from the Verge.

I don't think I'm familar with the Android Design in Action but I shall check it out soon and let you know.

Oh I worked an event last time, which was a preview of showing of products from electronics companies for a chain store. You had a lot of famous brands; Sony, Apple. Samsung, Google, Lenovo, Asus, AEG, Grundig, etc. I didn't get a chance to look at everything but I finally got to try out the Nexus 7 near the end of the show, which was awesome for me see. Also spoke to one of the sales people from Lenovo about their line of yoga tablets, which looked quite brilliant and its flexibility will appeal to a lot of travellers, especially. They have a full-HD yoga tablet, which is in the regions of £1100 but looks incridiblly crisp and beautiful. I just wouldn't pay that much for a laptop/tablet, I don't think.

I didn't see what Apple were presenting, nor Asus either. Samsung were more focusing on home-appliances, like fridges, washing machines and hoovers. Google had the Nexus 7 and I think their latest notebooks.

I think lower intermediate is the least you can be proficient in after the number of years you've spent studying. I'd say for you to keep studying and honing your language skills, unless there's a beneficial reason to take an official test.
    I watched it, finally, I think it's beautiful, but it seemed so big near the nexus 4! my hands, my poor small hands ç_ç
    I disagree with the saturation of the screen being a 'problem', though... I like how the nexus 4 has a more blue balance, yellow images on samsung's super amoled screen can get you blind @__@
    ah all the times I have to test some color in a S3 before deciding an app final tone...

ADiA is really aimed to people designing and developing, but it's quite interesting seeing their apps redesigns...

Also watched a hilarious video of a morning show host here trying out Google Glass XD
    She trying to tell it to take a picture... ai ai

big touch screens are still so expensive... that's about how much I paid for my last desktop, that I built for image processing and gaming, so I would only pay this amount for a replacement to that... and what about the weight? a tablet/laptop has to be light, for me to be able to carry around...

Oh, I could answer some things of the intermediate test, but not enough to pass, I think... there's no actual reason or me to take the test, really, but I'm thinking of participating on a speech contest next year, just to see how it goes... no idea of what to talk about though XD

I finished watching Mawaru Penguindrum just now, and I cried at the end... I've been crying watching anything lately T~T

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Drawings & chocolates ~ and let there be light

not to mention it makes them pretty attractive to people outside the group, kinda!

My favorite moment in OP.

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast