Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: Seiyuu Fan cast/Re-cast

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Seiyuu Fan cast/Re-cast

I've seen quite a number of fan casts going around on Tumblr, and I thought it would be fun to do something like it for seiyuus as opposed to actors/actresses.
    1. Is there a particular seiyuu who you would like to see cast for a character who hasn't been animated?
    2. On the other hand, is there a seiyuu who would have fit the role of an anime character better than the seiyuu who was actually cast? (Remember to be respectful!)

I was upset that the KHR anime ended before the Inheritance Arc because I was expecting Hiroshi Kamiya to voice Aoba Koyo. Since HiroC can voice both bishonen and crazy characters, I think it would be fun to have him yell, "I'm stupid!!!! (Boku wa aho/baka da)" while using his Levi or Law voice. (Realistically it'd probably be his Itoshiki-sensei voice though.)

Even though I have huge respect for Romi Park, I was expecting something a bit different when I heard Hanji for the first time. I know that there was the huge debate regarding Hanji's gender, but I was imagining her to sound like Hidaka Noriko when she uses her shonen/tomboy voice.

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Seiyuu Fan cast/Re-cast

I'd recast Tomatsu Haruka as Nami, in One Piece. Tomatsu plays stubborn, strong willed, but still kind women as well as any seiyuu. She'd be perfect as Nami.

Chibi Onihime 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Iceiphoenix's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Seiyuu Fan cast/Re-cast

I'm currently re-watching Kuroko no Basket, and I just can't help but think that instead of Kimura Ryohei, Miyano Mamoru would be more suited to voice Kise.

Don't get me wrong; I'm a fan of Kimura Ryohei too!
    It's just that before the anime even aired, I always used Mamo-chan's voice in my head for Kise. Additionally, the rest of the GoM are voiced by high-profile seiyuu (Kamiya Hiroshi, Ono Daisuke, Suzumura Kenichi, and Suwabe Junichi), so Mamo-chan would fit right in.

...Yep... That's just my 2 cents. o/

New Reply