Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 756 by cnet128 , Bleach 592 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Grisha

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Grisha

nice find

Quote Quote:
    "What kind of relationship could he have with the doctor from wall Maria?"
    He was working as a travelling doctor and keith isn't the youngest and
    had as a commander of a fighting force enough chances to meet him i guess.

Quote Quote:
    Did he steal it from someone (like a wall cultist higher-ups) and fled the city saving his life?
    He might be from outside the Walls like other known shifters,
    Ymir Stole her Titanpowers from RAB's Village...
    Or he could have been working for higher-ups inside the walls developing
    the Titanserum and was called back or fled or went into hiding...

It's definetely implausible to think he was able to study the titans
    to such a degree to invent a transformation-serum on his own.
    It might however have happenend by accident if he stumbled upon
    something inside the blood of certain villagers - Connie's maybe?
    Picking up the work of someone else like the Apetitan -
    it would still require a genius to get a serum from that...
    All On the premise that there is a Titan disease, gen or something
    like that allowing these people to be turned into the
    common mindless titans.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Something is not right. Now I am re-watching anime. In the first episode people were talking that last invasion was 100 years ago, in the same time Grisha went to "his trip" to take care outside the walls. Somehow in the anime after few minutes there was a Bertholdt which caused first break of the wall Shiganshina, he just kicked it off and made a large hole in the wall. What is my point?
    My point is that Eren with his family was living in the territory of Shiganshina district, after Grisha dissapeared then Bertholdt appeared, so my guess is Grisha went somewhere nearby in the territory of Shiganshina district and by knowing RB somehow he injected serum to them and then he dissapeared.
    Look at this:
    Spoiler show

Reiner mentioned "Whydid you come to our territory?" Following this now there is a speculation, if Grisha didn't put serum into them and he didn't meet them in the Shiganshina district then how the hell did he sneak out from the walls? Not to mention that Bertholdt did transform right in front of the gates - he was there like few meters away from the wall. So why didn't the titans devour him as well? Does it mean that they live near the walls or if Grisha somehow sneaked out (but how?) outside Shiganshina district how he wasn't devoured? Think about it calmly, we do see the transformation and it happened few minutes later after Grisha dissapeared from his house. Hope you do know what I mean. This is not a coincidence.
    Peace.
    Last edited by spayk; January 09, 2014 at 04:23 PM.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spayk View Post
    Think about it calmly, we do see the transformation and it happened few minutes later after Grisha dissapeared from his house. Hope you do know what I mean. This is not a coincidence.
    Peace.
    It's never been said Grisha left the walls, as far as I recall. Where are you getting that part of it from?

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kannazuki View Post
    It's never been said Grisha left the walls, as far as I recall.
    My bad... I've just seen a translation for the anime in my official language, even here they make mistakes... Now i noticed it that he said "inner walls"...

Where are you getting that part of it from?
    Here it is sweet kannazuki

He says it's inner (like I've mentioned before - suck translation in my own language), but even if those are inner walls it makes him even more suspicious, he must know RB and who knows if Anie (she didn't make an apperance in the first episode) so my guess is that he injecte the serum to them. RB mentioned (in the anime) that they are from Wall Maria which means they are from inside unless they were lying because they must have sneaked out somehow from the walls unnoticed.

Moreover seems like Mikasa is injected with something as well, in the anime of episode 7 when she thought she is finished for good (the moment when she felt from the roof by simply being without a gas in her 3DMG) something triggered in her mind to "fight on/live on", something like cells by activiting them by memory/emotions or something.

Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

guys, i'm 99% sure that grisha went to see the event with historia's family, and was somewhere in the croud (i dont know if i read someone else theorising this or i foind it myself), but maybe in the same time he took serum too (maybe based on the event's results.
    also, yes he could've injected reiner and bertholdt too because when they were attacked with berik by ymir they didn't even try to transform into titan. maybe they had some unique genes or something (the thing that's very often questioned) that can be potentially used to aweaken titan abiliies (also, even without aweakened if someone eats them he turns into a shifter) so grisha just injected them and they've been gained that abilities.

also, another thing, someone mentioned in the previous comments of this thread that grisha could've warn the population for the attack but he didn't coz he would be arrested and erwin and the other could've not pull off something to save him because they didn't even know him, but i doubt that, since the trainer of the 104th (i don't know his name it was mentioned in the previous comments of his thread) said to himself something about eren's father so grisha knows erwin too.

edit: maybe the outlook of RB in titan form is proof that grisha didn't inject them, coz if they trained their abilities (to harden skin i mean very much and loose skin in order to grow), it would've been many years of training. but yet, grisha might've injected completed and finished titan serum already containing the abilities in him.
    Last edited by mandroid; January 14, 2014 at 01:08 AM.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spayk View Post
    Here it is sweet kannazuki
    Ah ha.

Quote Quote:
    He says it's inner (like I've mentioned before - suck translation in my own language), but even if those are inner walls it makes him even more suspicious, he must know RB and who knows if Anie (she didn't make an apperance in the first episode) so my guess is that he injecte the serum to them. RB mentioned (in the anime) that they are from Wall Maria which means they are from inside unless they were lying because they must have sneaked out somehow from the walls unnoticed.
    Suspicious, yes. There are a lot of things he probably knows/knew. I'd need some direct hinting/evidence to believe he might have been acquainted with anyone from the Warrior faction though. As things are right now, it seems to me like he is/was an important person with the royal government, wall cult, and/or noble families.

Quote Originally Posted by mandroid View Post
    also, another thing, someone mentioned in the previous comments of this thread that grisha could've warn the population for the attack but he didn't coz he would be arrested and erwin and the other could've not pull off something to save him because they didn't even know him, but i doubt that, since the trainer of the 104th (i don't know his name it was mentioned in the previous comments of his thread) said to himself something about eren's father so grisha knows erwin too.
    The person you're thinking of would be Keith Shardis/Sadies (not sure of spelling), but I don't see why Keith knowing Grisha would mean Erwin also knows him. If he did, I would think Erwin would have shown some indication of recognizing Dr. Yeager's son by now. Just like Keith did while Eren was in training.

Quote Quote:
    edit: maybe the outlook of RB in titan form is proof that grisha didn't inject them, coz if they trained their abilities (to harden skin i mean very much and loose skin in order to grow), it would've been many years of training. but yet, grisha might've injected completed and finished titan serum already containing the abilities in him.
    I think it's more likely that just as it seems, an outside faction (the Warriors) has a near-monopoly on titan transformation technology. Maybe Grisha was trying to develop it for the people within the walls, and came up with something either too unstable (i.e. weak powers) or too taboo to make widespread use of.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Slawek's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

In my opinion Grisha was killed by the goverment

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member PIXISSUUU's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

I think alot of people are jumping to conclusions when they are so certain that eating a relative is what turn's people into a shifter. Does that mean Berik and Ymir were related? Is there any basis for that claim? Also, have we seen ANY instance when a titan turned into a human as a result of eating thier relatives? Its just a theory at this point based only on speculation and no canon facts backing it up.

Yes, it is a fact that Ymir obtained the ability to shift back to a human after eating Berik. Rather than assuming they were related, isn't it equally feasible that by consuming his body and his blood, she obtained some bio-tech that helps a human shifter retain focus and the ability to shift back? Since everyone from the "Warrior" crew seems to be pretty good at shifting, I think a logical assumption is that by consuming Berwick, Ymir gained the Warrior's "tech." I also think that the Warriors are after Eren's Titan "tech," which is why they've been trying to capture him.

It seems clear that Titan creation and shifting are designed technologies that are somehow activated by injection. With that being the case, why would the creators of the tech allow people to return to human form once they eat a relative? What would be the point of that? How would that drive the plot along?

There's no proof that Grisha's been eaten. I speculate that he's still alive, and he will probably play a part in the future story. I don't think he's helping the Warriors because the titan he created through Eren is very different than the skinless Warrior titans. My guess is that he's probably involved with Ymir's people somehow, since the titan-shifter he creates (Eren) is a lot more like Ymir than RBA.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by playyourpart View Post
    I think alot of people are jumping to conclusions when they are so certain that eating a relative is what turn's people into a shifter. Does that mean Berik and Ymir were related? Is there any basis for that claim? Also, have we seen ANY instance when a titan turned into a human as a result of eating thier relatives? Its just a theory at this point based only on speculation and no canon facts backing it up.
    There's a longstanding theory that (much like your "bio-tech" theory) eating a *shifter* (supposed of Berik) can make a mindless titan into a conscious shifter (like Ymir), but I don't recall anyone claiming it has to be about eating a relative. There simply exists a possibility that if indeed a mindless titan has to eat a shifter to regain humanity, Eren might have done so, and that shifter might then have happened to be his father.

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------

Correction!
    Actually I forgot there was talk about "inheriting" titan abilities in the ape titan thread. I don't think of shifters as starting out that way (as opposed to mindless), so I guess that's why my mind didn't connect the two conversations.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member PIXISSUUU's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

There's a longstanding theory that (much like your "bio-tech" theory) eating a *shifter* (supposed of Berik) can make a mindless titan into a conscious shifter (like Ymir), but I don't recall anyone claiming it has to be about eating a relative. There simply exists a possibility that if indeed a mindless titan has to eat a shifter to regain humanity, Eren might have done so, and that shifter might then have happened to be his father.
    My bad. I think I might have actually read that on another forum. Regardless some people think that eating relatives explains why Grisha is gone because "obviously Eren ate him." They back this up with the point that the titan that almost eats Armin kinda looks like his uncle.

I'm open to the possibility of mindless titans being able to return to human form by eating a shifter, but I'm not convinced yet. I think Ymir was only able to turn back to human form because she was a shifter to begin with. Mindless titans are doughy and oddly proportioned, and have terrible movements; they are like a crappy gen-1 titan version. Ymir and Eren's titans are super ripped and beastly. With so many differences in the original design of the titan types (which there are 3-4 types at least to date), I doubt a mindless titan would be able to shift back.

It also does mean that Ymir may have some type of hybrid Titan advantage because she has the tech from her original titan (which has skin and pointy ears) and maybe whatever tech Berwick had in his system when she ate him.

Point is, Grisha was not eaten by Eren. We'll see him again, and it will be the source of a lot of emotional turmoil for both father and son.
    Last edited by goldb; March 19, 2014 at 05:32 AM.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Well in order to make the mindless-to-shifter theory work, you take the logical next step of supposing that Grisha himself must have been a shifter. So that has nothing to do with him and Eren being related. That said, I'm not sure if you saw my *correction* above? In the "Ape Titan" thread, there are some people who were talking about characters "inheriting" the shifter-titan ability. (I'd forgotten about that discussion and didn't connect it with this thread at the time.)

The difference is that there doesn't appear to be much (if any) evidence for anything relative-related, while there IS discussion in 47 about going from mindless to shifter.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

New idea about why Grisha left right before the attack:

Someone who has a secret basement
    and knows about titan transformation might have a detector
    that like earthquake measurment equipment (Seismograph)
    is able to detect the volatile transformations of shifters and
    was warned that way.
    The idea is incomplete though since we still don't know
    why he left his family without a clue about the incoming attack...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member lolnameless's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 55 Discussion/Chapter 56 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by ToriLynn View Post
    part of me believes that. but another part of me believes he's still alive. but what i do believe 100% is that Grisha is liable to get killed off
    Grisha is eaten by Eren.
    Once that juice was injected into Eren, Eren becomes a pure titan(memory lost), Grisha was then eaten by Eren so he (for some reason) became human again.
    That's why Grisha was crying, if Grisha gave him the power only without any side-effect, there is little to be sad about.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ArtIristic's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Im kinda split on whether Grisha was killed by the MP, or is currently hiding with the Reiss family.
    I do hope he is alive, but if he was, the basement would be completely useless, because Grisha could just tell Eren and the others the whole story.
    Or maybe... his memory has been erased!
    That might make sense in his whole disappearance act, and he might just have been wandering aimlessly ever since the Wall fell. But who could have done it?

I just can't imagine him having been eaten, because in the Anime, Eren still had his hands wounded from when he tried to save his mother, but that could easily just be a mistake overlooked by the animators.
    〜Nano desu~※☆✕

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member lolnameless's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 220kz View Post
    New idea about why Grisha left right before the attack:

Someone who has a secret basement
    and knows about titan transformation might have a detector
    that like earthquake measurment equipment (Seismograph)
    is able to detect the volatile transformations of shifters and
    was warned that way.
    The idea is incomplete though since we still don't know
    why he left his family without a clue about the incoming attack...
    But if Grisha did know that something is coming, he wouldn't have left his kids and wife alone, I think it is likely to be coincident.

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast