Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Grisha

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Hectorpops's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Grisha

I'm thinking the reason titans barf is b/c they must eat family members/whatever Grisha was, to become a shifter
    Since titans are too dumb to process peoples faces, they just eat whoever, but since i thnk eren ate grisha, Grisha must have something that reverts the titan effects, or maybe it's just because they are related

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    I'm thinking the reason titans barf is b/c they must eat family members/whatever Grisha was, to become a shifter
    Even though i don't like the idea here some thoughts to this:

What if the Serum that Grisha gave Eren had this very function instead of
    having to eat a family member he got it straight into the vein...

Now to what i originally wanted to talk about

Mikasa's and Levi's superior 3DMG abilities,
    Eren's Titantransformation and his tempered memories...
    we mainly think of Geographia as someone who has a memory-altering
    ability but if we don't think of that as some kind of magic
    but technology that may be the key to understand
    the afore mentioned things.
    Not just memories but the whole human physiologie could be
    changed and considering how Eren, Mikasa and Levi are connected
    that does kinda make sense. Grisha was (regulary?) visitig the Ackermans
    who knows what kind of child-vaccinations Mikasa got
    and Levi was trained by a special-ops Commander who leads a secret
    anti-human 3DMG corps, who knows what kind of dope they get?
    Then comes the whole titan creation thing. If some people have the
    power to mess with something as complex as the human brain it's
    believable that they can with enough genius/the right manual create titans.
    and if humans are prepared with vaccation like those in Connie's village they
    might even be turned into Titan's by a simple (telepatic) command or the roar
    (right frequency) of the Ape-titan or something like that (coordinate) -
    maybe even brought to form >100km wide circles transform and harden
    to create the walls.

And "To You, 2000 Years From Now" might not be a reference to the story
    being told in past tense but could instead refer to whatever information
    Grisha found in the Basement. If we consider the story taking place
    in the 15 - 16 th century that also ties everything together with
    Germanic themes of Ice Giants and might be a hint that ~500BC Titans
    were roaming and whoever rode to the future new that they would
    awaken again...

Talking about telepathy and titans i might as well mention this:
    what if titans live/are traped not just in a dream like Eren's dreams
    and flashbacks from his transformations suggest but if the share it
    considering that titans don't age that would make them the ideal
    virtual reality gear.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member PIXISSUUU's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Given what we know now about factions outside the walls (There's at least 2, likely 3 factions. RBA Warrior Faction, Ymir Faction, and Apey Faction) does it seem likely that Grisha was a kind of Sleeper Agent working for a faction trying to conquer the King inside the walls? Would it make sense that he'd be aligned with Ymir's faction, since Eren's Titan and Ymir's have some superficial similarities?

I think its likely Grisha knows the secrets of Titan origins, and that of the walls as well. He was also capable of giving Eren a titan with a serum, so he has a great deal of practical knowledge of how to make titans (he knows more than just a general understanding of their origins).

He does seem to genuinely care about his family, so its likely he's not aligned with the RBA faction since he didn't have a warning as to thier arrival.

Since Apey doesn't know about 3DMG, it doesn't seem likely that Grisha's been reporting on recent events within the wall.

So the best bet seems to be that Grisha got his knowledge about Titans and the outside world by being aligned with Ymir's faction. This is how he got the bio-technology to turn Eren into a Titan.

Thoughts?

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner RIplian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PIXISSUUU View Post
    So the best bet seems to be that Grisha got his knowledge about Titans and the outside world by being aligned with Ymir's faction. This is how he got the bio-technology to turn Eren into a Titan.

Thoughts?
    An entire faction devoted to Ymir? Sounds stupendous! Also possibly hyper aggressive. I'm down.

As much as I like it, it would be a bit much if she was yet another "Princess/Queen" in exile. Although throughout history monarchs did marry family members in order to solidify alliances. Is it possible humanity can form a joint effort against Monkey Trouble and the Faction that Uses Children as an Expeditionary Force (UCEF for short)?

I'm going to assume you didn't mean that Y is some kind of royalty. If so, there are so many possibilities, particularly great ones that involve Grisha -like you mentioned.

Hopefully, he's actually has been incarcerated at MP HQ this entire time. For the bonus pain, and answers.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Hopefully, he's actually has been incarcerated at MP HQ this entire time. For the bonus pain, and answers.
    Doubtful. We know that to gain control of your Titan form you need to eat a shifter. Grisha was probably a shifter and Eren ate Grisha.

My take on Grisha is that he, through shady ways created or stole the Titan serum through very shady ways and tried it on himself. Somehow he took control of his Titan form without having to eat a Shifter, but it was too small of a Titan (smaller than 6 meters). Thus he gave the serum to Eren, knowing that one needed to eat a shifter if he wanted to have a larger Titan form. So he gave the serum to Eren so he could eat him, and gain control of his 15-meter Titan.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member PIXISSUUU's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RIplian View Post
    An entire faction devoted to Ymir? Sounds stupendous! Also possibly hyper aggressive. I'm down.

I'm going to assume you didn't mean that Y is some kind of royalty. If so, there are so many possibilities, particularly great ones that involve Grisha -like you mentioned.
    No, I never said that the entire faction is devoted to Ymir. Ymir's faction isn't a term of ownership but more of an attribute since we don't know anything else about them other than the fact that Ymir is one member of this faction. She is definitely not part of the Warrior faction (Reiner, Bertholdt, Annie) and we also have no info she's aligned with the Monkey titan. Hence "Ymir's Faction" refers the unnamed faction outside the walls we have zero info about except that Ymir is one of them. Pretty simple I thought.

On the part about Ymir being royalty...Actually its not impossible. Only two titans to date have spoken. One was Apey and it seems he was talking in a language Mike didn't understand. The other was the deviant who talked to Ilse Langer, and addressed her as "Ymir-sama." This could hint that Ymir commands some sort of respect from the titans, and that perhaps she is of some high position outside the walls.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner RIplian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

That would be an interesting twist, if she indeed did command some sort of respect from the lot.

Here's to hoping the next few chapters finally give something more on the other factions outside the walls.

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3